Grand Adventure: Red Skies at Morn

We'd all have met each other by now. This isn't the first day on the ship I don't think.

I feel like even if it was he'd know of him.

Especially since he's the spy. He'd make sure to know everyone a bit at least.

You've all been aboard the ship for a week now, so normal introductions would have been made. However, I can't personally say how knowledgeable certain members would be of one another before signing on. Since Atom is playing the spy it's possible he would have done some digging on the other crew members but none of the people aboard, besides the Captain and possibly the First Mate, seem to have any kind of renown in their respective fields. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide who knows what about who.

Eh

Problems solved in my opinion

I doubt Darrow could have got much about burgundy though

Unfortunately, I think I might have to drop this roleplay. Like someone mentioned earlier, the pirates have 6 pages already and I honestly, absolutely, can't keep up with that. I'm actually envious of the slower pace of the other threads.

Alright, I've been hearing steady complaints from everyone about posting speed and regularity so I think it's time to have a sit-down about that. First off I shall recap what's happened in each of the threads just so everyone is up to speed.

Explorers: Basic introductions.

Pirates: Basic introductions.

Rivals: Basic introductions.

So everyone concerned that the Pirates are getting too far ahead of you, don't. Everyone is at the exact same point in the story, nobody has gone ahead and nobody is being left behind. The only thing the Pirates have on the other threads is that they're in a slightly better position to dock at Logera than the Rivals are. The Explorers don't have anything to worry about either, they're still a week away at Sound Crest getting situated while the other two crews are tasked with finding out just where the hell they're headed. Nobody is "ahead" of anybody else at this point in terms of the story.

Now as far as stagnation goes I agree, people haven't been posting nearly as regularly as the Pirates have and that's a two part problem. First part is me not reeling in the Pirates while everyone happened to be active at the same time and going about their banter. That's my fault and I apologize. The other part is people being busy and not being able to post, and that's nobody's fault. It's finals season for the college-peoples and on top of that there's just regular school work, jobs and other life factors that make things busy. I can't account for everyone's schedule so all I can do is contact people when they go dark and ask what's going on. Beyond that I have to be patient and give them the opportunity to respond before anything happens.

And on the subject of contacting others, I can't be everywhere at once. There's over 20 players in this RP which I don't think is a site record but it's certainly more than I've ever had to deal with before. I will absolutely contact people when I think it's prudent or if I'm prompted to do so, but it would help me out immensely if you take some of the initiative yourself. If you're waiting on a response from someone in particular just shoot them a quick message letting them know it's their turn. If they don't respond then shoot me a line somehow asking for some help, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Finally, I'd like to ask what you guys think about everything. I'm still fairly new to running a full RP and I've certainly never tackled anything this big before. I have a story idea in mind and I know exactly where I would like to take you guys and I have several small encounters and adventures planned for each crew so don't worry about not knowing what direction to go. If anybody is ever confused about what your goal is or where you should be heading feel free to contact me and I'll clear things up in a snap. However, actually managing people and keeping them engaged is new territory to me and I would like input and feedback on that front. If I have to I'll individually message everyone to make sure they're still interested, I basically did that while gathering everyone's character sheets.

Bottom line: I've put a LOT of effort into this RP and I don't want to see it die out either. I'll do what I can but I would like to hear your opinions on everything. Any concerns or suggestions are welcome and will be treated their due respect.

I think you should've maybe done one or two ships with a comfy, small crew. Nearly thirty people is quite an insane cavalcade. But, overall I'm still very optimistic about this rp and looking forward to having a lot of fun with it. I am terribly impressed with all the work you've put into the setting, and I appreciate your allowing us to add a few flavours of our own into the mix when we get inspired.

Originally this story was meant to be a sandbox with people adding in what they felt was unique or interesting. That still holds true, with the only caveat being you run it by me first to see if it jigsaws into everything else smoothly.

There are things I absolutely love about the setting you've built, like the marvelous attention to detail with the airships and naval (well, aeronautical) life in general. And a few things I'm an inch iffy about (the abundance of fantastical races and beasts which makes me imagine the world's ecosystem as an impossible ecological maelstrom). But I'm excited about where things are going.

Well we can't all be as deep-thinking as you are when it comes to world-building Pooks. If this were a story I actually had a real stake in then yes, I would be considering such things. As it stands though this is just a fun adventure romp and I can suspend disbelief when I feel the need.

Absolutely. I wasn't criticizing none (hah, me, a deep thinker!), just sayin'. It doesn't affect my enjoyment and anticipation.

@KamiKahzy

Don't forget to give credit where credit is due. The accuracy of the ships comes from your job, but the original roleplay (and most of the material you have) comes from the original iteration. And, it was Albie and @Erik who really got the ball rolling with the second version.

We're all really happy that there's someone who still wants to run the RP, but please don't ever forget to mention us ladies who made the damn thing, especially our friends who aren't on RP Nation and can't speak up for themselves.

Sorry, my exposition didn't really make me think about that. In fact when I mentioned the work aspect I was mostly thinking of getting everyone together. By far that was the toughest part of setting this whole thing up.

But you're right, credit where it's due.

(i admit to having gone the fuck to town with races/creatures, but FUCK IT, this place isn't meant to make sense! i also tend to be of the opinion that whatever you initially think the map means the areas' sizes are, they're bigger. moscio has always been, in my view, at least the size of the British Isles, if differently shaped. this leaves more room for... everything, and especially for diversity.)

I know I know. :pookaSilly:

I just have an aversion to loads and loads of races, because the sheer cultural diversity makes my mind go into tangled gymnastics. I mean, look how complicated humanity is, culturally, and that's just ONE species! I still really really really love the setting!

@Erik

We made a zombie island. Everything else is fucking BEANS compared to that majesty.

@KamiKahzy

Since you agree, that means the next time someone checks the Overview tab, that they'll see a list of credits and links to the previous roleplays, I'm sure. It also means the next time you choose to re-run a run a roleplay with multiple authors, you will talk to every single one of them before going forward, and you will probably not forget to be a gentleman and politely notify other major players from the past of your endeavors.

i think how blargh happened is ed or maybe you or someone mentioned zombies and then someone else got excited and then i got excited and so before anyone with ""logic"" could say no, and since i was the one with the pencil and the physical map, i added the isle of blargh

i vaguely remember wanting it to be pronounced brains but spelled blargh but i mean y'know

I want this to pick up so bad! I want my plans to come to fruition! It'll be so fun! Everyone will LOVE it!

yo so just sayin (even though i haven't noticed anything i need to respond to regardless) i've been hella fuckin tired lately (dunno why) so i may be kinda MIA for the rest of the week. i mean it doesn't seem like there's much i gotta be worryin about here, but if you don't even see me poppin on to check, that's why. catchin up on some z's i didn't know i'd lost.

-ollies outie-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back