• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy God of Silver

I see people have started to post their characters, wonderful wonderful. I've been reading over each one as they're posted and everything I see so far is good. Just to clarify the weapon type isn't anything big, it's just you giving me an idea of what kind of weapon to give your character upon their first entrance into Rhune. The character doesn't need to have any experience with the weapon type, and I actually urge against it.

Close range, sharp weapons are extremely useful. Though, I wasn't particularly specific in my weapons as I intend to have Alex be well rounded in terms of combat.

@Idea I was wondering, what is Martin's maximum range? Given his size and strength, he wouldn't be able to fire a bow a great distance in the beginning.

@Seraph Darkfire ~

Well, I´m not too sure, to be honest. I am not familiar with bows and arrows in real life, not enough to precise a maximum range in distance. I don´t think his size would be too much of a problem right away, as the first weapons are in fact adapted to the wielders, he does have a certain advantage as fair as aiming goes, though he isn´t exactly masterful with it yet.

In other words, probably a medium range, I will have to research and maths if it ever comes down to whether or not he can reach a certain distance.

That sounds about right. I've used bows before, both simple and compound, though I couldn't tell you what their maximum range was, I can tell you that they are surprisingly hard to draw.

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]That sounds about right. I've used bows before, both simple and compound, though I couldn't tell you what their maximum range was, I can tell you that they are surprisingly hard to draw.

[/QUOTE]
I´ve used them too a couple times, simply am not that familiar with them that I can accurately specify their range.

For now he may have better luck with the "smothering" method of using arrows to kill things, though it didn't seem to be highly effective last time around. He'll need to build up his shoulder muscles a bit before he's able to fire very quickly or far. Aiming will be another problem, but should he keep at it and get mastery with the bow the weapon perk will help a lot with aim and long-distance shots.

I mention mastery perk only because I need help thinking of some for a couple of the weapon types. I already have ones for daggers, spear, scythe, axe, hammer, and bow. I still need some ideas for unarmed, sword, staff, chain, crossbow, and shield.

It might be a little difficult for a starting weapon, but you're free to change anything and everything about your character until the RP starts. You don't need to follow the weapon types I listed either, it can be anything you come up with. Even following the system I'm using for most of this RP there are many cases of hybrid-type and exotic weapons that can fall into more than one category or none at all.

Also, making a bunch of things to fill the RP world I just created what has to be my favorite weapon yet. I really hope you all decide to visit where the one who wields it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks exceedingly interesting and well thought-out, you wouldn't happen to still be accepting players, would you?

I would happen to be. There'll be a final call announcement before I stop accepting new characters.

Fantastic, I've already started working on a character, as it so happens. So, are there any particular traits you are looking for in these starting characters, as in some connection or common subject they all share? I'm writing a... different... character, as it happens, so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything in trying to make my character unique.

So long as they appear bored in some way the boy could speak to them. All they have to do is accept the invitation.

That is an interesting character. For some reason I think she might be the one with the most to gain or lose by going to the other world. Good or bad, most characters grow from the experiences, but a character with cracks at the start might break under the right, or wrong, pressure.

OverconfidentMagi said:
That is an interesting character. For some reason I think she might be the one with the most to gain or lose by going to the other world. Good or bad, most characters grow from the experiences, but a character with cracks at the start might break under the right, or wrong, pressure.
I think that was kind of my point when making her. My goal was to create a character that wouldn't be surprised with a change in realities, but in a way that didn't necessarily benefit the character.

If anyone still needs to post their character, they have one more day. After that I'll be accepting characters and starting the RP.

Just about six hours until the deadline for getting characters in. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me, otherwise the OOC is just here for chatting purposes until then.

I'm still looking for anyone's input on what kind of skills or perks I can put for different weapon types. Any ideas for a skill that could be used with any weapon of that type or a perk that happens when that kind of weapon is used just throw them at me.

OverconfidentMagi said:
I'm still looking for anyone's input on what kind of skills or perks I can put for different weapon types. Any ideas for a skill that could be used with any weapon of that type or a perk that happens when that kind of weapon is used just throw them at me.
what are those "skills" and "perks" you speak of?

Idea said:
what are those "skills" and "perks" you speak of?
Skills are, from the sample menu in the Overview:

Any special skills you've learned will be listed here. Skills are any abilities that aren't naturally possible, but are also not direct uses of magic. If a skill requires a certain weapon or type of weapon that you don't have equipped, you won't be able to use the skill.
Most of them will come from using weapons with special properties. Perks are just skills that act more like passive effects.

Basically if it doesn't look normal and isn't straight magic, it's probably a skill.

Going back through the old RP I found a couple of useful posts that are worth posting for new faces to give a read.

Some random topics.

Titles
And titles are something players are given by the system that changes depending on their actions or status as they adventure throughout the world of Rhune. Titles are something the system (meaning me) takes care of. Players have no direct control over their title besides changing what they're doing. There's no rule that multiple players can't end up with the same title, and if something happens that multiple players are a part of it will likely be reflected in all of their titles. For example, slaying a dragon would likely turn everyone's title to Dragonslayer until they do something else. It's more of a flavor thing than something that will actually matter. Oh, and there's no list because Titles will be 100% made up on the spot!

Magic and Skills

Magic exists in the world of Rhune. In the past it was common and seen everywhere, but it has faded and is now rarely seen outside of those who lived when it was abundant. Players begin with no magic beyond simple system-type magics (observe and gate serve no real use a far as fighting goes), and it will probably be quite a while before they are able to learn much more. As for why magic has disappeared from Rhune, that's for you to find out should you decide to follow that storyline. Likely long before your characters learn magic, they'll learn special skills from using powerful weapons. Skills aren't direct applications of magic, yet using certain enchanted weapons they can use abilities that go beyond what the character would be able to pull off using just their regular weapons and brute strength.

What if my character is fat / weak?

Players will have to deal with whatever body they have within both worlds. If that means they struggle a lot, then hopefully they get motivated to practice swinging that heavy sword more often. This also applies to even perfectly fit and muscular characters. It's doubtful they've ever used the kind of weapons they'll have access to in Rhune, so they will be complete amateurs and make fools of themselves waving their swords around over their heads or throwing their staff at the first sheep that looks at them funny. They will actually be learning how to use what they have available to them, and slowly but surely they'll get better.

Who did the voice speak to?

To make it clearer who the voice would have spoken to to invite to this new world, it seems to have spoken to people that seemed bored or in need of a game. Honestly its chosings seem to be almost completely random. But it would not have chosen someone who it viewed as weak or unable to make it in the new world.

The number one factor to being chosen is ability. Would the person be able to survive in Rhune on his own power? Could he fight a monster standing before him? How would he react if he actually killed something, or even another person? Ability does not mean physical strength or homicidal tendencies, merely ability to succeed, whatever form that takes.
Some images to help show what the menu kind of looks like.

Inventory

the-gamer-4521347.jpg

the-gamer-4521349.jpg

Observe

the-gamer-4455129.jpg

Both

the-gamer-4521373.jpg

And some stuff about the menu and gate.

Oh, I forgot to ask. Is the menu only usable in Rhune?
It can only be brought up in Rhune.

Well, it must be acessible on Earth too, otherwise how would they be able to go back?
Pick up the black card you used to call the gate the first time and say Gate Open. Fun thing I forgot to mention earlier, while the gate can appear on any wall or even the floor, if there isn't enough room for it to appear in the space it's summoned it will actually warp the space around it to have enough room.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back