• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gates of Tirath - Sword & Planet Adventure [OOC]

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Morgaine Kri Chya Morgaine Kri Chya So I was thinking while doing my wind sprints 🏃‍♂️...

What if Kashim's tribe has an ancient technologocal item that's a type of homing beacon that homes in on your character's location?

The Mubarizun tribe have had this tracking device for as long as anyone can remember. The legends say that it will lead to the Messiah; the Chosen One; the Keeper of Gates, the Stabilizer of Realms, etc.

Until recently, the Mubarizun have not been able to leave their pocket of the Ryndorra wastes. A shift in the temporal fabric between realms opened a way out of that pocket.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Morgaine Kri Chya Morgaine Kri Chya So I was thinking while doing my wind sprints 🏃‍♂️...

What if Kashim's tribe has an ancient technologocal item that's a type of homing beacon that homes in on your character's location?

The Mubarizun tribe have had this tracking device for as long as anyone can remember. The legends say that it will lead to the Messiah; the Chosen One; the Keeper of Gates, the Stabilizer of Realms, etc.

Until recently, the Mubarizun have not been able to leave their pocket of the Ryndorra wastes. A shift in the temporal fabric between realms opened a way out of that pocket.

Your thoughts?
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

This Could Work! Say, parts of an old gate tinkered with, and while not able to tap into it for it to control time/space - it was modified and it's frequencies became attuned to similar technology. In essence an active gate detector - which would home in on her (because you'll find out later XD -- shh no spoilies). And upon exiting the pocket, it would home in on one direction only at this time - aka her location.

Edit: I would say it could be beaconing to the location just prior to her bloop out since it was building up the built up energy to finally kick her out on the other side after all this time.
Also - wind sprints -- woooo go get it!!

Ok, posted up some lore snippets -- and got first RP post drafting!
Will get that up tomorrow - and work on the zoomed in map perspectives of areas as well!
Have a good night folks!

Last edited:
hmm, perhaps the idea of beya taking kee with her to sell produce in the town market nearby the portal can hold up very well. does morgaine passing through the portal cause any other temporal side effect that kee and beya might feel as they approach, or should i situate them in the village already so that they can be informed by the person that saw morgaine of her arrival?

hmm, perhaps the idea of beya taking kee with her to sell produce in the town market nearby the portal can hold up very well. does morgaine passing through the portal cause any other temporal side effect that kee and beya might feel as they approach, or should i situate them in the village already so that they can be informed by the person that saw morgaine of her arrival?
There was a big beam of light that shot up into the sky and a loud crack and roll almost like lightning and thunder -- but bigger, the light would have been visible for hundreds of miles, and the sound shockwave would have had enough reach for the edge of the woods at the least if not a little further into the periphery of the woodland edge.

There was a big beam of light that shot up into the sky and a loud crack and roll almost like lightning and thunder -- but bigger, the light would have been visible for hundreds of miles, and the sound shockwave would have had enough reach for the edge of the woods at the least if not a little further into the periphery of the woodland edge.
how about the village? i assume it would also be seen there; unless this is spoilers, is morgaine going to try going *towards* the village?

how about the village? i assume it would also be seen there; unless this is spoilers, is morgaine going to try going *towards* the village?
I have written her skirting outside of it at the moment going north of it to avoid it at this point in time.

Edit: The village, as a farming one, would be a potential trade point as it is also in the main thoroughfare of travel between regions.

I have written her skirting outside of it at the moment going north of it to avoid it at this point in time.

Edit: The village, as a farming one, would be a potential trade point as it is also in the main thoroughfare of travel between regions.
ok got it, im working on my reply rn

cannot wait for morgaine to be wary of kee in case theyre hostile when really she should be wary of kee eyeing her pockets, LOL

So how far out would the white light and booming noise announcing/pinpointing the opening of the Gate be seen and heard? Also what time of year/season is it? Wanna make sure I have the setup right.

So how far out would the white light and booming noise announcing/pinpointing the opening of the Gate be seen and heard? Also what time of year/season is it? Wanna make sure I have the setup right.
Whole map can see the light - sound wouldn’t have reached that far north I would think. Summer or Autumn, considering the cart full of veggies, so you can choose either! :3

Whole map can see the light - sound wouldn’t have reached that far north I would think. Summer or Autumn, considering the cart full of veggies, so you can choose either! :3
you did mention snowcapped mountains, so i would imagine mid to late autumn

btw Ayama Ayama how do you pronounce "Somhairle"? i keep wanting to pronounce it "Summer-ly" but im pretty sure thats wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back