Fur-xalted (please kill me for coming up with this)

By the way, just so you know, beastman races are just that... races. They are not species, so they can interbreed (to a degree; the child is always the same race as the mother, unless the father is an Exalt).

Other than us being lunar half-caste beastmen, any other consideration we should have for character gen?

Well, Essence 2 would cost 10 bonus points and Essence 3 would cost 12, and Craft would be one skill and based on zero-dot specialties, but other than that, WYSI pretty much WYG.

There are also one or two more changes to any starting Dragon-blooded, so if you want to start as one, please ask me about them (here or over PM).

A starting Dragon Blooded versus a starting God-Blooded... Hmmm...

It's only my character concept that's keeping me from hopping into the Dragon Blooded camp at the moment, heh heh. Whatever I name them, they're not the same without their dedication to wanting to become an Exalt (and their reasons for wanting it to be so) and ESPECIALLY a Celestial Exalt.

OK, here are the character sheets:

Name
Race

Motivation

Backstory

Attributes

Physical

Strength â—

Dexterity â—

Stamina â—

Social

Charisma â—

Manipulation â—

Appearance â—

Mental

Perception â—

Intelligence â—

Wits â—

Abilities

Archery

Martial Arts

Melee

Thrown

War

Integrity

Performance

Presence

Resistance

Survival

Craft

Investigate

Lore

Medicine

Occult

Athletics

Awareness

Dodge

Larceny

Stealth

Bureaucracy

Linguistics

Ride

Sail

Socialize

Backgrounds

Merits

[Racial Merits]

---

[Personal Merits]

Flaws

[Racial Flaws]

---

[Personal Flaws]

Artifacts and Equipment

Charms

[Attribute]

[Excellencies]

[Charms]

Martial Arts

Join Combat:

Defenses

Dodge DV

Parry DV

Soak: B/L

Health

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

X [ ]

Mental Defenses

Dodge MDV

Parry MDV

Virtues

Compassion â—

Conviction â—

Temperance â—

Valor â—

Intimacies

Willpower:

Essence

Permanent: â—

Peripheral: X/X (X Committed)

Bonus Points

Experience Points
_/_/_/_/

Name
Race

Exalt Type and Caste

Anima

Motivation

Backstory

Attributes

Physical

Strength â—

Dexterity â—

Stamina â—

Social

Charisma â—

Manipulation â—

Appearance â—

Mental

Perception â—

Intelligence â—

Wits â—

Abilities

Linguistics

Lore

Occult

Stealth

Thrown

Awareness

Craft

Integrity

Resistance

War

Athletics

Dodge

Melee

Presence

Socialize

Bureaucracy

Investigation

Larceny

Martial Arts

Sail

Archery

Medicine

Performance

Ride

Survival

Backgrounds

Merits

[Racial Merits]

---

[Personal Merits]

Flaws

[Racial Flaws]

---

[Personal Flaws]

Artifacts and Equipment

Charms

[Ability]

[Excellencies]

[Charms]

Join Combat:

Defenses

Dodge DV

Parry DV

Soak: B/L

Health

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

X [ ]

Mental Defenses

Dodge MDV

Parry MDV

Virtues

Compassion â—

Conviction â—

Temperance â—

Valor â—

Intimacies

Willpower:

Essence

Permanent: â—â—

Personal: X/X (X Committed)

Peripheral: X/X (X Committed)

Bonus Points

Experience Points
Breaking the formatting (including not having appropriate bolding or appropriate Charm listing (it is Ability name in italics, followed by Excellencies and Excellency-based Charms, followed by Ability-specific Charms)) will result in immediate persecution. The Backstory is the most important part of all characters, so do pay attention to that part.

All Dragon-blooded get 4 free Excellencies, chosen from their Favored and Aspect Abilities (one free Excellency per Ability at most). Essence 3 (and only Essence 3) for Dragon-blooded costs 7 bonus points. Non-Outcaste Dragon-blooded start with Inheritance 1 instead of Inheritance 2. They also don't have access to Lunar charms, as Terrestrial Exaltation severs most of the ties to the instinctive nature of a beastman.

Also, all sorcerers and necromancers get 1 free spell of the appropriate circle (which is Terrestrial Circle Sorcery for everyone involved) for each Initiation charm.

No personal Manses with a rating higher than 3, no personal artifacts with a Repair rating (obviously Dynastic Manse and Arsenal backgrounds are not personal, and thus are allowed to break these rules).

No starting Essence higher than 4 for Dragon-blooded, 3 for mortals.

Umm... I think that's it.

I imagined that in GLaDOS's voice, to be honest...

I didn't expect many major changes to the setting beyond the obvious, though. My character's from a race that has a tendency to be abused, defies social convention and wants to change the world. Celestial Exaltation is really hardly unusual for someone like that to seek, is it? The oppressed will often seek out anything for freedom...

Also, do mortals get any free charms? 4 free Excellencies is pretty damn potent...

I second Axelgear's question about mortals getting more free things. Though I would like more bonus points for abilities. All my Essence is in use at the moment...

About the sheet, should I put my armors hardness above soak? Also, where can I put my movement rates and how should we note favored abilities?

I is a question bot. :wink:

Thanks

Mortals don't get free Excellencies, sorry. In my mind, those free Excellencies (the number of which vary with each type of Exaltation) form the core of the Exaltation or dragon-blood perfection and excellence, so you shouldn't have to spend Charms on something that basic. Mortals, on the other hand, are not effortlessly brilliant and skilled like the Exalts, so they don't get those.

However, if you do Exalt, you will get free Excellencies as is your due.

And there will be cake. It will be gloriously delicious.

EDIT: Show your Favored Abilities by italicizing the ability name (not the dots, though). Put the armored soak in the normal soak area, but with the unarmored soak in parentheses. Your movement rate does not need a specific area, since it will be eyeballed most of the time anyway.

This might have been answered before, but should we be from a particular area? or will you St us together?

inheritance 2 means we can have up to 15 points of negative mutaions. I assume that means 7 points of flaws or negative mutations + 8 points of negative mutations, because mortals can take up to 7 points of flaws and mutaions by default.

Provisional sheet submitted. The character's design is high dexterity, high stealth, high larceny, so they're a natural thief, which is good, since that's their job. If my two background flaws get approved, they're gonna be wielding Razor Claws too, probably.

I'd prefer a Wavecleaver but being mortal limits weapon focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back