Fairy Tail: A New Beginning

Lol. This conversation just took a weird turn. Let's all take a break and meet back here in 10?

Thesmashbro said:
Well, at least there were only 4 more pages of posts instead of 10 like last time. Anyway, the magic my character has doesn't exactly fit into the magics I can find in the wiki and I think I need help with the backstory.
Basically, my character is a "neko" and his main magic power is "The Eyes of Misfortune". They basically operate like Uchiha eyes in the way that using magic with them deteriorates sight if overused. The difference here is that the sight will return on its own. The eyes themselves can either create illusions for people who look into his eyes, seemingly slow down time to reduce reaction time, and create explosions on the surface of the object he looks at.
Ok yes! You are right. I don't think there is anything like that in FairyTail. If you can come up with a list of advantages and disadvantages for it, we could take a look. This is just my opinion but if it is approved, it may be the only one you have. (Everyone is allowed to have 2 Magic) Your eyes would cover Slowing/Illusion Magic. 3 if you look at the explosion thing but.....explosion magic isn't real and yours seems to be watered down yeah? xD

Kinesthetics said:
Ok yes! You are right. I don't think there is anything like that in FairyTail. If you can come up with a list of advantages and disadvantages for it, we could take a look. This is just my opinion but if it is approved, it may be the only one you have. (Everyone is allowed to have 2 Magic) Your eyes would cover Slowing/Illusion Magic. 3 if you look at the explosion thing but.....explosion magic isn't real and yours seems to be watered down yeah? xD
Yeah, it's a bit watered down. That and since the illusions only work for people who look into his eyes.

So let's say that each magic costs 1 point and hindrances decrease the value at variable levels. I can only spend 2 points for the magic.

• Illusion magic = 1 point
  • Illusion hindrance (eye contact) = -0.25 points
  • Slowing magic = 1 point
  • Explosion magic = 1 point
  • Explosion hindrance (line-of-sight) = -0.25 points
  • Overall hindrance (sight deterioration) = -0.5 points.
  • Total cost: 2

Does this make sense?

Thesmashbro said:
Yeah, it's a bit watered down. That and since the illusions only work for people who look into his eyes.
So let's say that each magic costs 1 point and hindrances decrease the value at variable levels. I can only spend 2 points for the magic.

• Illusion magic = 1 point
  • Illusion hindrance (eye contact) = -0.25 points
  • Slowing magic = 1 point
  • Explosion magic = 1 point
  • Explosion hindrance (line-of-sight) = -0.25 points
  • Overall hindrance (sight deterioration) = -0.5 points.
  • Total cost: 2

Does this make sense?
Ha! It surely does. Very unique way of explaining it to me. ^^ I can't argue with that then. I agree with your values. No what about the backstory? You said you needed help that too right?

Kinesthetics said:
Ha! It surely does. Very unique way of explaining it to me. ^^ I can't argue with that then. I agree with your values. No what about the backstory? You said you needed help that too right?
Ya. I have no idea what backstory to give him. I was thinking of having it revolve around his magic eye, but I think I need more knowledge about the setting (mainly how this RP is different from the canon).

Thesmashbro said:
Ya. I have no idea what backstory to give him. I was thinking of having it revolve around his magic eye, but I think I need more knowledge about the setting (mainly how this RP is different from the canon).
Everything is the same; just that this takes place hundreds of years after the real thing. It can revolve around the magic eye; just fill in the events surrounding the eye at each stage of your character's life. Infancy, childhood -----> wherever they are now. Did someone try to steal it? Did their parents want it? Is it a curse? Did people shun them? How'd they train to use the power, etc.

Kinesthetics said:
Everything is the same; just that this takes place hundreds of years after the real thing. It can revolve around the magic eye; just fill in the events surrounding the eye at each stage of your character's life. Infancy, childhood -----> wherever they are now. Did someone try to steal it? Did their parents want it? Is it a curse? Did people shun them? How'd they train to use the power, etc.
Alright. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for my absence. Just started my first week at the University I'm attending, so I've been kinda stressed. .-.

I'll post ASAP!

Well.....The good news is the RP is back together.....The bad news is everything else >.> Take a look and you'll see what I mean. The update changed a few things

They put the maps and rules and overview in the 1st post. They got rid of the updates and reviews. Not sure what else yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back