Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Colt556 said:
See, here's the problem, several in fact. In-lore no it doesn't make sense to put a council member in a guild. The council oversees hundreds upon hundreds of guilds all across the continent. To have one of their members as a member of a guild displays a gross bias towards that specific guild. Whether founded or not it would erode the trust people have in the council if they display overt favoritism. In fact this very topic was touched upon many times in the show/manga in regards to Fairy Tail. They would never allow one of the council members to also be in a guild.
Beyond that it goes back to the power creep mentioned. You can't structure a rp around a cast of characters if one character completely overshadows everyone else. That's specifically why I didn't like when people started assigning themselves numbers in terms of being saints (when I made Gilad I intended him to be at the bottom of the totem poll in terms of being a saint after all). And that's also why I keep Gilad out of the affairs of most of the characters. He's a plot device, not a character. He exists for the same reason Makarov did, he is not part of the main cast, he's a supporting background character. If you treat Maya as an actual character then none of the other characters can actually do anything. This is why I was against the S-rank spam, this is why I was against the saint spam. They render anyone not in these groups entirely pointless since any form of conflict would be resolved without them since half the cast are leagues above them in terms of power. This is specifically why the manga/anime never truly teamed up the main cast with powerful characters.

Lastly, it was never mentioned Maya was part of the council. Her initial bio made no mention of it and no post ever made mention of it either. You said you wrote that she was a member of the council in your first post but no, no you didn't.

It wasn't even hinted that she was part of the council, and this holds true for every post you made for a long long time.

Ultimately these sort of things shouldn't be allowed, power creep needs to be kept at bay. One or two characters who show up for a specific arc or something is one thing, they're glorified NPCs played by the players. But the moment you try to take someone this powerful and this important and put them into the main cast, that shouldn't be allowed. And the last issue with it is it removes a lot of potential for future RP. Due to the saint issue there's no longer any mystery, no plots that can made from that. We know who the strongest saints are. There can't be anything imposing or awe inspiring like the 'four gods of ishgar". When you have common characters holding positions of the absolute top of the food chain there's nowhere left to go. Going back to Gilad he was never meant to be THAT strong, OP due to being a guild master sure, but there was suppose to be plenty of bigger fish in the pond. And yet now he's the second most powerful man on the entire bloody continent. There's nowhere left to go. At this point anyone that could beat Gilad could single handily destroy every character in this RP because Gilad's power has been set too high. This same logic applies to all the saint characters, the S-ranks (to a lesser degree, even the anime showed there's bigger fish than your average S-rank, even among S-ranks) and now these council members. The overall power of the RP needs to be kept at a reasonable level.

Sorry for the rant but eh, I don't like power creep. Bad experiences with it in my long history of RP.
Maya being part of the council has been mentioned a thousand times over, you've probably just not seen it. But yes, it's been mentioned.

You seem to be against anything and everything that happens so it doesn't surprise me that you're against this either. But oh well. As I said, we've run through everything with Mitch. And I mean ever last detail. I'm not sure about Kyuubey and Aria but I know I did with Maya. Maya was in the works for about a week, and any ideas I had were confirmed and agreed upon with Mitch so they weren't don't with any intention to 'power creep'. Which btw, I must inform you that I do not.

Maya has ALWAYS been a part of the council, always. As I said it's been stated so many times that I've lost count. And in all honesty you can't really say that with her being what she is that the other characters can't do anything. Since we know that's not true.

If this is such an issue to you then I don't see why you didn't bring it up earlier on lol. Maya has never been a main cast member of this roleplay anyway and that much is known, my main characters have always been and always will be Masaki and Hibiki.

And as far as ranking goes, I know who would outmatch Maya and who wouldn't. But I wouldn't have her go around fighting everyone.

Nothing is going to change just because you say so. If Mitch wants it changed then yeah, sure. But it's to be noted that every fandom roleplay you'll be in will always stray from the lore in some way. Nothing is going to be exact, that would just make it robotic and boring. No one joins a fandom roleplay for it to be EXACTLY like the manga/anime and nothing more. The whole point of having OC's is to play with the lore yet keep it within reason, and I believe that the Wizard Saint situation is within reason.

HuorSpinks said:
Lloyd would be hurt, sure, but well... he would be more devastated if Lysander was in Valken's place. Lysander's his padawan learner xD .
Lysanderrrrr! ~

3229075325_1_6_5TJBuBM7.gif

Colt556 said:
See, here's the problem, several in fact. In-lore no it doesn't make sense to put a council member in a guild. The council oversees hundreds upon hundreds of guilds all across the continent. To have one of their members as a member of a guild displays a gross bias towards that specific guild. Whether founded or not it would erode the trust people have in the council if they display overt favoritism. In fact this very topic was touched upon many times in the show/manga in regards to Fairy Tail. They would never allow one of the council members to also be in a guild.
Beyond that it goes back to the power creep mentioned. You can't structure a rp around a cast of characters if one character completely overshadows everyone else. That's specifically why I didn't like when people started assigning themselves numbers in terms of being saints (when I made Gilad I intended him to be at the bottom of the totem poll in terms of being a saint after all). And that's also why I keep Gilad out of the affairs of most of the characters. He's a plot device, not a character. He exists for the same reason Makarov did, he is not part of the main cast, he's a supporting background character. If you treat Maya as an actual character then none of the other characters can actually do anything. This is why I was against the S-rank spam, this is why I was against the saint spam. They render anyone not in these groups entirely pointless since any form of conflict would be resolved without them since half the cast are leagues above them in terms of power. This is specifically why the manga/anime never truly teamed up the main cast with powerful characters.

Lastly, it was never mentioned Maya was part of the council. Her initial bio made no mention of it and no post ever made mention of it either. You said you wrote that she was a member of the council in your first post but no, no you didn't.

It wasn't even hinted that she was part of the council, and this holds true for every post you made for a long long time.

Ultimately these sort of things shouldn't be allowed, power creep needs to be kept at bay. One or two characters who show up for a specific arc or something is one thing, they're glorified NPCs played by the players. But the moment you try to take someone this powerful and this important and put them into the main cast, that shouldn't be allowed. And the last issue with it is it removes a lot of potential for future RP. Due to the saint issue there's no longer any mystery, no plots that can made from that. We know who the strongest saints are. There can't be anything imposing or awe inspiring like the 'four gods of ishgar". When you have common characters holding positions of the absolute top of the food chain there's nowhere left to go. Going back to Gilad he was never meant to be THAT strong, OP due to being a guild master sure, but there was suppose to be plenty of bigger fish in the pond. And yet now he's the second most powerful man on the entire bloody continent. There's nowhere left to go. At this point anyone that could beat Gilad could single handily destroy every character in this RP because Gilad's power has been set too high. This same logic applies to all the saint characters, the S-ranks (to a lesser degree, even the anime showed there's bigger fish than your average S-rank, even among S-ranks) and now these council members. The overall power of the RP needs to be kept at a reasonable level.

Sorry for the rant but eh, I don't like power creep. Bad experiences with it in my long history of RP.
In all honesty, I'm with Colt on this one. I too dislike extremely powerful characters as main characters. I am into character growth as a roleplayer and how does one grow if everything is being done by the super powered characters? At least Gilad and Lloyd struggled against the dragon in the first arc.

Also part of why I introduced Lysander. Because Lloyd was too powerful to be a main character, despite being neither a wizarding saint nor a council member.

I'll say it again, Maya is not one of my main characters. I'd never make one of my main characters a saint and a council member.

Maya is more of a side character, I doubt she'd show up that much in the next arc anyway. It's always been my intention for her to leave Lamia Scale after Sora's birthday (Which in RP times is today) and then go back to the council for permanent.

Besides, Hibiki is technically going to be my only character during the next arc so really none of this is an issue lmao

LeSoraAmari said:
I'll say it again, Maya is not one of my main characters. I'd never make one of my main characters a saint and a council member.
Maya is more of a side character, I doubt she'd show up that much in the next arc anyway. It's always been my intention for her to leave Lamia Scale after Sora's birthday (Which in RP times is today) and then go back to the council for permanent.

Besides, Hibiki is technically going to be my only character during the next arc so really none of this is an issue lmao
Butbut... what about Masaki?

LeSoraAmari said:
You need to make the ship work, make their love blossom :3
Their love is so pure. It blossoms all on its own.

LeSoraAmari said:
Maya being part of the council has been mentioned a thousand times over, you've probably just not seen it. But yes, it's been mentioned.
You seem to be against anything and everything that happens so it doesn't surprise me that you're against this either. But oh well. As I said, we've run through everything with Mitch. And I mean ever last detail. I'm not sure about Kyuubey and Aria but I know I did with Maya. Maya was in the works for about a week, and any ideas I had were confirmed and agreed upon with Mitch so they weren't don't with any intention to 'power creep'. Which btw, I must inform you that I do not.

Maya has ALWAYS been a part of the council, always. As I said it's been stated so many times that I've lost count. And in all honesty you can't really say that with her being what she is that the other characters can't do anything. Since we know that's not true.

If this is such an issue to you then I don't see why you didn't bring it up earlier on lol. Maya has never been a main cast member of this roleplay anyway and that much is known, my main characters have always been and always will be Masaki and Hibiki.

And as far as ranking goes, I know who would outmatch Maya and who wouldn't. But I wouldn't have her go around fighting everyone.

Nothing is going to change just because you say so. If Mitch wants it changed then yeah, sure. But it's to be noted that every fandom roleplay you'll be in will always stray from the lore in some way. Nothing is going to be exact, that would just make it robotic and boring. No one joins a fandom roleplay for it to be EXACTLY like the manga/anime and nothing more. The whole point of having OC's is to play with the lore yet keep it within reason, and I believe that the Wizard Saint situation is within reason.
Searching through your posts I guess you did mention it at the start, just the way you mentioned it isn't really overt. The only mention I can find early on is Maya saying she was busy with council business, I just attributed that to her being a wizard saint and not an actual council member. Her bio also made no mention of this. Had I known I'd have mentioned all this months ago.

As for "being against anything and everything", only if it's needless power creep. And while you say it's not, that's exactly what it is. First it was S-ranks, then it was wizard saints, then it was council members. That's the definition of power creep. And that's the only thing I'm against and literally the only thing I've ever been against in this entire RP. From the get-go I've been of the opinion that the power level should be relatively even so that characters can actually work together. That hasn't changed and it never will change. Powerful characters should exist solely to be NPCs and plot devices. And it has nothing to do with following the manga/anime, it's about keeping the spirit of it. What's the point of a fandom if you're going to ignore everything about the original setting? The point of fandom is to create your own story within that universe, not rewrite the entire universe.

Let me ask you this, why do you think the Saints/council members are within reason? Did you not read the part about 'there's nowhere left to go'? We have characters that can literally destroy the entire continent, and that's "within reason" to you? Where can you go from this? As Huor said there needs to be growth and challenge. If you start at the top then it's boring and, if you're in a multiplayer setting like this, it's unfun for the people not at the top.

To finish up, let me just make myself clear here. I have no problem with Maya being part of the council as long as you understand that she's a plot device. She exists for no other reason than to provide RP for other characters. Anyone with a saint should look at their characters as glorified NPCs.

One thing I would like to see is no more powerful characters for the sake of being powerful characters. Maya has literally no reason to exist, she offers nothing to plot. Her power is wasted. Powerful characters like her, or Aria, or Gilad should only ever exist for a specific purpose. Gilad exists to be Sabertooth's guild master as an example, that's his job in the plot. If a powerful character is going to be introduced it should be for a specific reason, not just to faff about with slice of life shenanigans.

Colt556 said:
Searching through your posts I guess you did mention it at the start, just the way you mentioned it isn't really overt. The only mention I can find early on is Maya saying she was busy with council business, I just attributed that to her being a wizard saint and not an actual council member. Her bio also made no mention of this. Had I known I'd have mentioned all this months ago.
As for "being against anything and everything", only if it's needless power creep. And while you say it's not, that's exactly what it is. First it was S-ranks, then it was wizard saints, then it was council members. That's the definition of power creep. And that's the only thing I'm against and literally the only thing I've ever been against in this entire RP. From the get-go I've been of the opinion that the power level should be relatively even so that characters can actually work together. That hasn't changed and it never will change. Powerful characters should exist solely to be NPCs and plot devices. And it has nothing to do with following the manga/anime, it's about keeping the spirit of it. What's the point of a fandom if you're going to ignore everything about the original setting? The point of fandom is to create your own story within that universe, not rewrite the entire universe.

Let me ask you this, why do you think the Saints/council members are within reason? Did you not read the part about 'there's nowhere left to go'? We have characters that can literally destroy the entire continent, and that's "within reason" to you? Where can you go from this? As Huor said there needs to be growth and challenge. If you start at the top then it's boring and, if you're in a multiplayer setting like this, it's unfun for the people not at the top.

To finish up, let me just make myself clear here. I have no problem with Maya being part of the council as long as you understand that she's a plot device. She exists for no other reason than to provide RP for other characters. Anyone with a saint should look at their characters as glorified NPCs.

One thing I would like to see is no more powerful characters for the sake of being powerful characters. Maya has literally no reason to exist, she offers nothing to plot. Her power is wasted. Powerful characters like her, or Aria, or Gilad should only ever exist for a specific purpose. Gilad exists to be Sabertooth's guild master as an example, that's his job in the plot. If a powerful character is going to be introduced it should be for a specific reason, not just to faff about with slice of life shenanigans.
I'm not even going to bother reading that. What's done is done. I've said what's needed to be said and I stand by it.

I've stated several times over that she's not my main character, drop it for the sake of my sanity.

EDIT: To you Maya may not have a 'purpose' to exist, but she does. She's an important figure to Lamia Scale.

But anyway I'm done with this, so I'm not going to say anything more. I know how to manage my characters, and I don't need to be educated in the ways of doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSoraAmari said:
I'm not even going to bother reading that. What's done is done. I've said what's needed to be said and I stand by it.
I've stated several times over that she's not my main character, drop it for the sake of my sanity.

EDIT: To you Maya may not have a 'purpose' to exist, but she does. She's an important figure to Lamia Scale.

But anyway I'm done with this, so I'm not going to say anything more. I know how to manage my characters, and I don't need to be educated in the ways of doing so.
If her only purpose was to be a member of Lamia Scale she wouldn't be a member of the council. Players shouldn't have characters that are the absolute top of the food chain if being at the top of the food chain isn't part of any actual plot or RP.

LeSoraAmari said:
This exact discussion has happened so many times xD
'Tis why Grasaki are spending cute time with each other on the last day of the parade xD
I shall ready myself with tissues. And thoughts of Lysora.

Colt556 said:
If her only purpose was to be a member of Lamia Scale she wouldn't be a member of the council. Players shouldn't have characters that are the absolute top of the food chain if being at the top of the food chain isn't part of any actual plot or RP.
Lol she's not 'at the top'

Quite frankly this is now getting beyond stupid. Like I said, if Mitch wants things changed then he'll tell me to do so. He knows I'd change them. But for the post however many months he's been fine with everything, so thus far there is no reason for me to change anything about Maya.

She's staying the same, and she's going to leave Lamia Scale to become a permanent member of the council.

I'll say nothing more.

LeSoraAmari said:
Lol she's not 'at the top'
Quite frankly this is now getting beyond stupid. Like I said, if Mitch wants things changed then he'll tell me to do so. He knows I'd change them. But for the post however many months he's been fine with everything, so thus far there is no reason for me to change anything about Maya.

She's staying the same, and she's going to leave Lamia Scale to become a permanent member of the council.

I'll say nothing more.
As said before, the council governs all light guilds on the entire continent. You literally can't get any more 'top' than that in terms of influence. Add to the fact that she's a saint and she's also at the top in terms of power. I honestly don't get why you're so defensive, you act like I'm attacking you personally. I've opposed everything in this RP that just needlessly spams power, it really has nothing to do with you individually. The only thing I'm against is the pointless power for the sake of power.

Colt556 said:
As said before, the council governs all light guilds on the entire continent. You literally can't get any more 'top' than that in terms of influence. Add to the fact that she's a saint and she's also at the top in terms of power. I honestly don't get why you're so defensive, you act like I'm attacking you personally. I've opposed everything in this RP that just needlessly spams power, it really has nothing to do with you individually. The only thing I'm against is the pointless power for the sake of power.
If you were attacking me personally, then this discussion wouldn't be going the way it is now lmao. I know you're not 'attacking' me, I'm just defending my point. There's a difference.

I know what direction I'm taking Maya in, and I know what to do with her. It's not spamming power in any way, shape, or form.

Now I'll say it for the third time, can we just stop because this is getting stupid and it's hurting my brain cells lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSoraAmari said:
If you were attacking me personally, then this discussion wouldn't be going the way it is now lmao. I know you're not 'attacking' me, I'm just defending my point. There's a difference.
I know what direction I'm taking Maya in, and I know what to do with her. It's not spamming power in any way, shape, or form.

Now I'll say it for the third time, can we just stop because this is getting stupid and it's hurting my brain cells lmao
I actually wanted to end it with my post saying that in the future powerful characters shouldn't be made unless they have an actual purpose.

Kyuubey said:
I don't think he saw my screenshot explaining the Council and Wizard Saint thing.
Maybe Colt just has me on ignore. @~@

@LeSoraAmari
I make it my policy to never put anyone on ignore. I have no clue what picture you're talking about though.

Colt556 said:
I actually wanted to end it with my post saying that in the future powerful characters shouldn't be made unless they have an actual purpose.
I make it my policy to never put anyone on ignore. I have no clue what picture you're talking about though.
Oh, it's somewhere among these posts. I'm too sleepy to find it.

@~@

Kyuubey said:
I simply made my character both because ...
In the show and manga it was stated that when the magic council was remade after one of the arcs it was mostly filled with the ten wizard saints as seen from this screenshot taken from the wiki about the magic council itself;

EDmMO4O.jpg
I was just trying to follow the lore of the fandom itself and what direction it had taken in the anime. I wasn't trying to go with my own spin on things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back