Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rhodus said:
You connected shipping with your need to post for Ferra. I just didn't see the connection there, so I made a joke
Ferra and Talon. Shows how much you read my posts ;-;.

LeSoraAmari said:
Me and senpai have 86 pages in our PM.
She likes you more, it seems D:

LeSoraAmari said:
Me and senpai have 86 pages in our PM.
And every message within it is about @Mitchs98

sakura_blink.gif

Mitchs98 said:
Lmao. I find that gif hilarious :P .
Although I doubt it. I know its a lie d:. I don't mind, xD .
Lol no for real, about ten pages are :3

Don't worry though, we only ever say good things about you c:

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSoraAmari said:
Maya and Aria are seated members as well as Saints :o
I actually planned for Maya to leave Lamia Scale come the next arc and be solely focused on her duties to the council, but I'm not sure :0
Since when is Maya a member of the council? :|

Mitchs98 said:
Ferra and Talon. Shows how much you read my posts ;-;.
Dude. I am so out of touch with the IC right now, you don't even know. I straight up skipped like 10 pages. That's 250 posts. Also I'm so goddamn tired right now, so I need sleep. Farewell for now my friends.

Colt556 said:
She always has been, low ranking :P .

Rhodus said:
Dude. I am so out of touch with the IC right now, you don't even know. I straight up skipped like 10 pages. That's 250 posts. Also I'm so goddamn tired right now, so I need sleep. Farewell for now my friends.
Lmao. Well. Most of it was irrelevant filler~

Mitchs98 said:
She always has been, low ranking :P .
Lmao. Well. Most of it was irrelevant filler~
Maya wasn't part of the council when she was approved. It doesn't even make sense for her to be on the council, she wouldn't be in Lamia Scale if she were.

Colt556 said:
Since like ages ago. She's the Fourth Seat.

It was agreed upon like last month. She's going to leave Lamia Scale to become fully assumed with the Council.

Colt556 said:
Maya wasn't part of the council when she was approved. It doesn't even make sense for her to be on the council, she wouldn't be in Lamia Scale if she were.
Agreed. It would present a confict of interest. Okay I'm sleeping for real now. Bye.

LeSoraAmari said:
Since like ages ago. She's the Fourth Seat.
It was agreed upon like last month. She's going to leave Lamia Scale to become fully assumed with the Council.
I assume this is your way of removing her from the RP then. Such characters are too far removed from the rest of the cast to reasonably be a part of the RP in any capacity beyond a plot device.

Mitchs98 said:
I feel stalked.
We worship you, das why:0

Colt556 said:
I assume this is your way of removing her from the RP then. Such characters are too far removed from the rest of the cast to reasonably be a part of the RP in any capacity beyond a plot device.
Far from it. Actually.

Aria is a seated member as well, she is also a saint. And she's being introduced in the next arc. If I was going to remove Maya then I would've done so already, she's too precious to remove.

Colt556 said:
She was. Actually. It was mentioned in the RP within her first post :P .

Kyuubey said:
Kek.

LeSoraAmari said:
We worship you, das why:0
Far from it. Actually.

Aria is a seated member as well, she is also a saint. And she's being introduced in the next arc. If I was going to remove Maya then I would've done so already, she's too precious to remove.
2creepy4me

Rhodus said:
Agreed. It would present a confict of interest. Okay I'm sleeping for real now. Bye.
It is a conflict of interest. The magic council's sole responsibility is managing the guilds and you have a member being part of a guild they're managing? It never would have been allowed to begin with.

LeSoraAmari said:
Far from it. Actually.
This is the problem, the power creep. This is the sort of thing that was suppose to be prevented with the ban on S-class. You can't run around as a normal character while being a saint and on the magic council. That shouldn't be acceptable. Even the S-class is bad enough but to be one of the most powerful people on the continent? There's a reason the show/manga kept the super powerful people relegated to background characters. I was staunchly against Kyuubey's council character, as Mitch will testify. There's absolutely no reason for Maya to be one as well.

I do feel some things in this setting need to simply be off limits. Things like the magic council or the monarchy or things that high up on the totem poll should exclusively be reserved for plot-related NPC action. Actual characters shouldn't ever hold such an important position.

Colt556 said:
It is a conflict of interest. The magic council's sole responsibility is managing the guilds and you have a member being part of a guild they're managing? It never would have been allowed to begin with.
This is the problem, the power creep. This is the sort of thing that was suppose to be prevented with the ban on S-class. You can't run around as a normal character while being a saint and on the magic council. That shouldn't be acceptable. Even the S-class is bad enough but to be one of the most powerful people on the continent? There's a reason the show/manga kept the super powerful people relegated to background characters. I was staunchly against Kyuubey's council character, as Mitch will testify. There's absolutely no reason for Maya to be one as well.

I do feel some things in this setting need to simply be off limits. Things like the magic council or the monarchy or things that high up on the totem poll should exclusively be reserved for plot-related NPC action. Actual characters shouldn't ever hold such an important position.
Me and Kyuubey have only ever made these characters with Mitchs permission, and his agreement. As the GM he calls the shots, and if he wanted us to change our characters then so be it we'd do it. But Mitch is okay and always has been okay with them. To be honest, it makes sense for the council to have members being inside guild. With its whole purpose to 'manage' guilds then it makes sense to have people on the inside does it not?

Maya has always been a member of the council, upon her being accepted it was stated clearly. I even wrote it in her first post. Maya isn't even a permanent member of Lamia Scale, she comes back every now and again but most of the time she's doing her council duties. She hadnt seen Sora for 4 years prior to the events of this arc solely because she's been with the council.

I don't make random edits to my character sheets, the whole concept of Maya being in the council has been there since her very first post.

I simply made my character both because ...

In the show and manga it was stated that when the magic council was remade after one of the arcs it was mostly filled with the ten wizard saints as seen from this screenshot taken from the wiki about the magic council itself;

EDmMO4O.jpg
I was just trying to follow the lore of the fandom itself and what direction it had taken in the anime. I wasn't trying to go with my own spin on things.

Well if you make OP characters at least do something interesting with them. So far everyone is just meh right now, all power no drive, so it's just a general meh pile. At least if I made Valken Evil and head of a dark guild would push a motive everyone can get behind and hate his guts. Despite what everyone says if there is a threat of invasion all would be called to arms regardless of fluff and romantic denevours

Because despite the fun ships going on, this is boring to RP in now. Even for all its fun normal Fairytail has a more interesting plot arc then this

LeSoraAmari said:
Me and Kyuubey have only ever made these characters with Mitchs permission, and his agreement. As the GM he calls the shots, and if he wanted us to change our characters then so be it we'd do it. But Mitch is okay and always has been okay with them. To be honest, it makes sense for the council to have members being inside guild. With its whole purpose to 'manage' guilds then it makes sense to have people on the inside does it not?
Maya has always been a member of the council, upon her being accepted it was stated clearly. I even wrote it in her first post. Maya isn't even a permanent member of Lamia Scale, she comes back every now and again but most of the time she's doing her council duties. She hadnt seen Sora for 4 years prior to the events of this arc solely because she's been with the council.

I don't make random edits to my character sheets, the whole concept of Maya being in the council has been there since her very first post.
See, here's the problem, several in fact. In-lore no it doesn't make sense to put a council member in a guild. The council oversees hundreds upon hundreds of guilds all across the continent. To have one of their members as a member of a guild displays a gross bias towards that specific guild. Whether founded or not it would erode the trust people have in the council if they display overt favoritism. In fact this very topic was touched upon many times in the show/manga in regards to Fairy Tail. They would never allow one of the council members to also be in a guild.

Beyond that it goes back to the power creep mentioned. You can't structure a rp around a cast of characters if one character completely overshadows everyone else. That's specifically why I didn't like when people started assigning themselves numbers in terms of being saints (when I made Gilad I intended him to be at the bottom of the totem poll in terms of being a saint after all). And that's also why I keep Gilad out of the affairs of most of the characters. He's a plot device, not a character. He exists for the same reason Makarov did, he is not part of the main cast, he's a supporting background character. If you treat Maya as an actual character then none of the other characters can actually do anything. This is why I was against the S-rank spam, this is why I was against the saint spam. They render anyone not in these groups entirely pointless since any form of conflict would be resolved without them since half the cast are leagues above them in terms of power. This is specifically why the manga/anime never truly teamed up the main cast with powerful characters.

Lastly, it was never mentioned Maya was part of the council. Her initial bio made no mention of it and no post ever made mention of it either. You said you wrote that she was a member of the council in your first post but no, no you didn't.

LeSoraAmari said:
Masaki Yamada: Sabertooth Guildhall
What Grace said back then made Masaki rather... Happy. It was evident that the two cared for each other, and it was only certified when she confessed her love for him. Masaki did in fact like her too, but for some odd and unknown reason he didn't say as such. As the boy sat in the guildhall, he saw Gilad talking to Mizuki as he himself sat at one of the many tables in the hall and began to read. The book was titled, "Lost Magics". After his fight with Sarah, his intrigue with Lost Magics had risen, and he wanted to study them. Not for any reason specific... He just liked to read, and study.

@anyonepresent

Maya Morne- 5th Wizard Saint: Lamia Scale Guildhall

While the majority of the guild members were away in their mission, Maya herself had been making sure that everything was running smoothly in Lloyds absence. The thought of tidying up Lloyds hellhole of an office crossed her mind too, but she never did. Making her way down to the guild hall, she noticed that Millie had greeted everyone and that apparently, Grace was going to die due to suffocation from Millie's breasts. As the woman approached everyone she held a smile on her face as she laughed, which most definitely made her presence known, if it wasn't already known from the magic she radiated. "She has been stressing ever since you guys left. It was quite funny, actually." Standing next to Millie she spoke to everyone with a kind smile, and with slight relief in her tone. "But anyway, Thank God you're all alright, I got news that the Council themselves intervened. Were things really that bad?" She sighed for a moment as she then looked over to Millie briefly before turning her attention to Lloyd, "I apologise for not being there myself. I'm just glad that you are all okay."

Maya then stood there with an almost instant look of concern on her face as she approached Lloyd, her look probably intimidated him but she didn't mean to. After all, she was holding her smile. "How did Sora do?" She spoke clearly and with a happy smile on her face. She hadn't seen the girl in quite a while, probably a few years now. But she got wind of the Sky Dragon Slayers presence there, after all, she did slay a dragon.

@HuorSpinks @Kayzo

@anyoneelse
It wasn't even hinted that she was part of the council, and this holds true for every post you made for a long long time.

Ultimately these sort of things shouldn't be allowed, power creep needs to be kept at bay. One or two characters who show up for a specific arc or something is one thing, they're glorified NPCs played by the players. But the moment you try to take someone this powerful and this important and put them into the main cast, that shouldn't be allowed. And the last issue with it is it removes a lot of potential for future RP. Due to the saint issue there's no longer any mystery, no plots that can made from that. We know who the strongest saints are. There can't be anything imposing or awe inspiring like the 'four gods of ishgar". When you have common characters holding positions of the absolute top of the food chain there's nowhere left to go. Going back to Gilad he was never meant to be THAT strong, OP due to being a guild master sure, but there was suppose to be plenty of bigger fish in the pond. And yet now he's the second most powerful man on the entire bloody continent. There's nowhere left to go. At this point anyone that could beat Gilad could single handily destroy every character in this RP because Gilad's power has been set too high. This same logic applies to all the saint characters, the S-ranks (to a lesser degree, even the anime showed there's bigger fish than your average S-rank, even among S-ranks) and now these council members. The overall power of the RP needs to be kept at a reasonable level.

Sorry for the rant but eh, I don't like power creep. Bad experiences with it in my long history of RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colt556 said:
See, here's the problem, several in fact. In-lore no it doesn't make sense to put a council member in a guild. The council oversees hundreds upon hundreds of guilds all across the continent. To have one of their members as a member of a guild displays a gross bias towards that specific guild. Whether founded or not it would erode the trust people have in the council if they display overt favoritism. In fact this very topic was touched upon many times in the show/manga in regards to Fairy Tail. They would never allow one of the council members to also be in a guild.
Beyond that it goes back to the power creep mentioned. You can't structure a rp around a cast of characters if one character completely overshadows everyone else. That's specifically why I didn't like when people started assigning themselves numbers in terms of being saints (when I made Gilad I intended him to be at the bottom of the totem poll in terms of being a saint after all). And that's also why I keep Gilad out of the affairs of most of the characters. He's a plot device, not a character. He exists for the same reason Makarov did, he is not part of the main cast, he's a supporting background character. If you treat Maya as an actual character then none of the other characters can actually do anything. This is why I was against the S-rank spam, this is why I was against the saint spam. They render anyone not in these groups entirely pointless since any form of conflict would be resolved without them since half the cast are leagues above them in terms of power. This is specifically why the manga/anime never truly teamed up the main cast with powerful characters.

Lastly, it was never mentioned Maya was part of the council. Her initial bio made no mention of it and no post ever made mention of it either. You said you wrote that she was a member of the council in your first post but no, no you didn't.

It wasn't even hinted that she was part of the council, and this holds true for every post you made for a long long time.

Ultimately these sort of things shouldn't be allowed, power creep needs to be kept at bay. One or two characters who show up for a specific arc or something is one thing, they're glorified NPCs played by the players. But the moment you try to take someone this powerful and this important and put them into the main cast, that shouldn't be allowed. And the last issue with it is it removes a lot of potential for future RP. Due to the saint issue there's no longer any mystery, no plots that can made from that. We know who the strongest saints are. There can't be anything imposing or awe inspiring like the 'four gods of ishgar". When you have common characters holding positions of the absolute top of the food chain there's nowhere left to go. Going back to Gilad he was never meant to be THAT strong, OP due to being a guild master sure, but there was suppose to be plenty of bigger fish in the pond. And yet now he's the second most powerful man on the entire bloody continent. There's nowhere left to go. At this point anyone that could beat Gilad could single handily destroy every character in this RP because Gilad's power has been set too high. This same logic applies to all the saint characters, the S-ranks (to a lesser degree, even the anime showed there's bigger fish than your average S-rank, even among S-ranks) and now these council members. The overall power of the RP needs to be kept at a reasonable level.

Sorry for the rant but eh, I don't like power creep. Bad experiences with it in my long history of RP.
I have to agree. I made Valken an S-Clsss but other than fighting with other S-Class wizards, he isn't going to bother fighting because he is so far out ranked.

Without mage battles, there is really only his intel and plot driving, or elongated romantic scenes. So for the most part he has become like the Guild Masters. Just there and without purpose right now.

Zuka said:
I have to agree. I made Valken an S-Clsss but other than fighting with other S-Class wizards, he isn't going to bother fighting because he is so far out ranked.
Without mage battles, there is really only his intel and plot driving, or elongated romantic scenes. So for the most part he has become like the Guild Masters. Just there and without purpose right now.
You did introduce Valken during the slower arc meant mostly for character mingling and with less action, so y'know, there's that. It was stated that it was going to be a more lax arc from the get go. I'm not sure what awesome out there action you were expecting from this one in comparison to the previous arc or the ones coming up.

Zuka said:
WITHOUT TENSION NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO BE HEROIC!
P.s. @HuorSpinks I think it would be an awesome ending if Lloyd and Valken duked it out, Master to pupil. Valken joined Lamia Scale as a child, now he is the forefront of the Western Invansion and Lloyd's hatred. Can you imagine that battle?! It'll be like Goku v Vegeta, beautiful :D
Lloyd would be hurt, sure, but well... he would be more devastated if Lysander was in Valken's place. Lysander's his padawan learner xD .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back