Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mitchs98 said:
What innocence? Someones innocent here? Since when..
Also. Going to sleep early for once gnight.(cause 2 am is early lol)
Since forever. Meeee.

Also, g'night don't dream of bad things in your sleep~~

Genon said:
Adrian was shocked as his opponent managed to somehow parry a mace with that tiny key. He wasn't surprised that the key was durable enough, he was surprised that it wasn't knocked out of his opponent's hand. Then he was kicked in the stomach and vaulted away from Aiden, but he recovered with a sliding three-point landing. Adrian formed an Arcane Barrier underneath his opponent's feet, encompassing half the arena, and then forced it upwards and diagonally back, effectively creating a springboard that would hopefully knock Aiden into the barrier behind him or to the ground. To continue the assault, Adrian hurled an Arcane Grenade at his opponent, the purple orb shooting towards the Celestial Wizard. It would create a decent-sized explosion on impact, but of course Adrian was holding back. He didn't want to kill Aiden, after all.
(@Mitchs98 What are the rules of engagement? Is it to knockout, submission, first blood? Does the arena's magic protect the opponent from death, like in Jade Empire? Are there healing services available?
  1. Knockout or Submission/Forfeit
  2. Death isn't possible, no. Though it's an unstated fact.
  3. Yes @Kyuubey is the PC medic while there are NPC medics.

@purplepanda288

I can't help but feel offended that you made Aiden call Adrian, and by extension me, an idiot. I know it's just an RP, but how exactly was Adrian making the first move stupid? I only did so because otherwise it would just be us standing forever.

EDIT: Also, doesn't Aiden know that the contestants are protected from dying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Genon said:
@purplepanda288
I can't help but feel offended that you made Aiden call Adrian, and by extension me, an idiot. I know it's just an RP, but how exactly was Adrian making the first move stupid? I only did so because otherwise it would just be us standing forever.

Ok I'm gonna have to step in and verbally slap you. OOC =/= IC. You do NOT mix the two. His character thought your character was an idiot. That does not reflect on you or him, it reflects on your characters. Do NOT create drama by tying the player to the character and vice versa. There is most assuredly not a 'by extension'. I recommend Panda doesn't even respond to this and you never, ever bring it up again. IC stays IC, period.

Colt556 said:
Ok I'm gonna have to step in and verbally slap you. OOC =/= IC. You do NOT mix the two. His character thought your character was an idiot. That does not reflect on you or him, it reflects on your characters. Do NOT create drama by tying the player to the character and vice versa. There is most assuredly not a 'by extension'. I recommend Panda doesn't even respond to this and you never, ever bring it up again. IC stays IC, period.
I understand. I tend to identify with my characters a bit too much for my own good. The fact that I get embarrassed easily doesn't help either. I didn't want to create drama. But when my character makes a mistake, I feel that I've made a mistake. It actually makes me feel guilty for my actions in real life. I have actually ceased posting in some threads for days at a time until I work up the nerve to reply.

So really, I was asking what I did "wrong" in this situation. But yes, @purplepanda288, let's drop it.

Genon said:
@purplepanda288

Colt556 said:
Genon said:
I understand. I tend to identify with my characters a bit too much for my own good. The fact that I get embarrassed easily doesn't help either. I didn't want to create drama. But when my character makes a mistake, I feel that I've made a mistake. It actually makes me feel guilty for my actions in real life. I have actually ceased posting in some threads for days at a time until I work up the nerve to reply.
So really, I was asking what I did "wrong" in this situation. But yes, @purplepanda288, let's drop it.
Sorry oniichan

Colt556 said:
Pretty much exactly how I feel on the issue as well. Even though aspects of my characters are reflections of my own personality, I personally believe that anything goes in IC as long as it doesn't break character. Different people have different views though.

Genon said:
In the future, just don't bring it up. The other people have absolutely no way of knowing why you do what you did. It could have been calculated to ensure your character was a normal person and not a mary sue. It could have been a mistake on your part. You could have rolled a dice and rped according to your roll. People aren't perfect and as such characters aren't perfect, if you (the player) make a mistake that is still in line with your character, just roll with it. I mean in my fight against with Sora I've been relying on the dice roll method, but I've also made player mistakes. I write a post and then later look back and go "ah shit I shoulda done this". Just gotta go with it. But above all else, never take it personally. IC is IC, OOC is OOC. Especially when you consider that half the time the other player's just talking out their ass. I can guarantee you Panda had no grand strategy or anything, you didn't ACTUALLY make a mistake, the player just thought of a good idea and decided that it was all part of their character's plan.

@purplepanda288

I probably should have included this in my post, but I apologize for my actions.

purplepanda288 said:
Sorry oniichan
Why are you apologizing?

Colt556 said:
In the future, just don't bring it up. The other people have absolutely no way of knowing why you do what you did. It could have been calculated to ensure your character was a normal person and not a mary sue. It could have been a mistake on your part. You could have rolled a dice and rped according to your roll. People aren't perfect and as such characters aren't perfect, if you (the player) make a mistake that is still in line with your character, just roll with it. I mean in my fight against with Sora I've been relying on the dice roll method, but I've also made player mistakes. I write a post and then later look back and go "ah shit I shoulda done this". Just gotta go with it. But above all else, never take it personally. IC is IC, OOC is OOC. Especially when you consider that half the time the other player's just talking out their ass. I can guarantee you Panda had no grand strategy or anything, you didn't ACTUALLY make a mistake, the player just thought of a good idea and decided that it was all part of their character's plan.
You're right, honestly. I should just roll with it in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back