Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jackaboi said:
If you mean two or three for each guild then yeah I agree
No, I mean total. And even then they'd have to be low-tier S-ranks like Erza. No Gildarts style S-ranks.

I don't mind downgrading Valken. Still doesn't mean he'll be any less effective in battle. Guys almost untouchable unless you use fire or light. :D

Zuka said:
I don't mind downgrading Valken. Still doesn't mean he'll be any less effective in battle. Guys almost untouchable unless you use fire or light. :D
*cough cough* Alfie *cough cough*

Colt556 said:
No, I mean total. And even then they'd have to be low-tier S-ranks like Erza. No Gildarts style S-ranks.
I agree. Having a character that is already at the top in terms of ability is stifling in any medium, but especially so in rp. It limits both character growth as well as ability growth and can only really work if the narrative is built around it (such as in One Punch Man). However, in rp you can't really do that, because there is no one "main character", so when it does happen, it makes the rp mundane and removes any semblance of risk or challenge. You end up with boring plots where the characters breeze through every obstacle, never even coming close to facing defeat.

That's why watching Kelica come a few years will be BEAUTIFUL :3

Also everyone being A-rank groups them together. Because Valken is S I purposefully keep him out of combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't be rank but rather type.

Support/Tank/Agility based. Every ability has strengths and weaknesses.

Only villians should have a rank so we know what level we are fighting against (will one person work or do we need multiple?)

Zuka said:
It shouldn't be rank but rather type.
Support/Tank/Agility based. Every ability has strengths and weaknesses.

Only villians should have a rank so we know what level we are fighting against (will one person work or do we need multiple?)
Sadly it's not a MOBA and people can be more than one thing. Rank is sufficient in determining one's general power. Whether that power is put into support, or tankiness, or agility, or damage, or whatever is ultimately irrelevant.

Colt556 said:
Sadly it's not a MOBA and people can be more than one thing. Rank is sufficient in determining one's general power. Whether that power is put into support, or tankiness, or agility, or damage, or whatever is ultimately irrelevant.
I agree. The raking system in this rp, when it's been used correctly, has been quite helpful

I don't know why but I've always compared magic to electricity. Like a c clas Mage can hold up to one to two car battery's worth of magic out put, and b can hold three, A six, and S can hold 12. It would seem wrong to simply change it to classes

purplepanda288 said:
I don't know why but I've always compared magic to electricity. Like a c clas Mage can hold up to one to two car battery's worth of magic out put, and b can hold three, A six, and S can hold 12. It would seem wrong to simply change it to classes
The ranking system is really just a rough guideline. Basically "I'm rank A, they're rank A, so we're fairly even". However it doesn't account for other factors. For example if one A rank is a combat veteran and the other A rank isn't, then the fight will still be fairly one-sided even though they're both A ranks.

Another example would be Valken, he's an S rank yet he would very likely get his ass beat by Tanari who's an A rank simply because the match up is so disadvantageous for him. His magic is entirely nullified fighting Tanari and in raw melee combat he's at a disadvantage because Tanari can augment her melee with magic while he can not. So even though he's a higher rank and technically vastly more powerful, the types of magic being employed means he still likely loses.

Basically it's just a rough guideline and the players involved will have to augment it accordingly. But it's nice to have if the players can't/wont augment it and then they can just go blow for blow knowing they're both equal in rank.

Valken is ruthless in certain circumstances, at night time you are dead before you blink despite having light/fire magic

But his powers are best for breaking and entering, disabling, getting out unseen. Once spotted his effectiveness dwindles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuka said:
Valken is ruthless in certain circumstances, at night time you are dead before you blink despite having light/fire magic
But his powers are best for breaking and entering, disabling, getting out unseen. Once spotted his effectiveness dwindles.
It being night doesn't make Valken any better against fire/electricity/light types though :(

Colt556 said:
It being night doesn't make Valken any better against fire/electricity/light types though :(
It does if he kills you fast enough.

Walking down a side alley completely unaware.

Suddenly arm around your throat choke hold and watches you pass out with nothing visible but the soft glow of purple eyes.

Not even a sound.

Zuka said:
It does if he kills you fast enough.

Walking down a side alley completely unaware.

Suddenly arm around your throat choke hold and watches you pass out with nothing visible but the soft glow of purple eyes.

Not even a sound.
Yeah well that applies to most people. Can't defend against something you don't know is there. Even straight forward brawlers can sucker punch you.

Colt556 said:
Yeah well that applies to most people. Can't defend against something you don't know is there. Even straight forward brawlers can sucker punch you.
He's just got 100 in Sneak.

I'd like to point out I made Valkens powers more secondary he can function fine without them. They are more a game changer. In combat he uses his extreme agility and precision cuts to attack, taking an almost Drunken Martial Arts approach to let his enemies swing then using there own momentum to side step/trip up/circle around ect.

He can pretty much be called a Disabler.

I think I might use his Zoro move more often to undress his opponents.

Colt556 said:
The ranking system is really just a rough guideline. Basically "I'm rank A, they're rank A, so we're fairly even". However it doesn't account for other factors. For example if one A rank is a combat veteran and the other A rank isn't, then the fight will still be fairly one-sided even though they're both A ranks.
Another example would be Valken, he's an S rank yet he would very likely get his ass beat by Tanari who's an A rank simply because the match up is so disadvantageous for him. His magic is entirely nullified fighting Tanari and in raw melee combat he's at a disadvantage because Tanari can augment her melee with magic while he can not. So even though he's a higher rank and technically vastly more powerful, the types of magic being employed means he still likely loses.

Basically it's just a rough guideline and the players involved will have to augment it accordingly. But it's nice to have if the players can't/wont augment it and then they can just go blow for blow knowing they're both equal in rank.
Would this also apply the 'rock, paper, scissors' of advantage? Like for example water magic has a distinct advantage over fire magic if the respective mages are equal in most aspects?

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]Would this also apply the 'rock, paper, scissors' of advantage? Like for example water magic has a distinct advantage over fire magic if the respective mages are equal in most aspects?

[/QUOTE]
Yes but magic is not the only factor. Combat style and physical attributes also play a big part in determining advantages

Rhodus said:
Yes but magic is not the only factor. Combat style and physical attributes also play a big part in determining advantages
I see. This clarifies and opens up so many things. Also is it too late to greet you a happy birthday? I've been busy for some time.

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]I see. This clarifies and opens up so many things. Also is it too late to greet you a happy birthday? I've been busy for some time.

[/QUOTE]
Technically my birthday ended three hours ago, but I'm willing to bend the rules a little

Rhodus said:
Technically my birthday ended three hours ago, but I'm willing to bend the rules a little
Happy-Birthday-Meme-Funny-Girl-10.jpg

16aqfzl.jpg

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]

Happy-Birthday-Meme-Funny-Girl-10.jpg

16aqfzl.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Also, I forgot to mention that experience is also a huge factor in determining advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back