• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern βˆ‡π”’π”―π”¦π”±π”žπ”° β–Έβ–Έβ–Έ 𝖆𝖓 π–”π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–Žπ–“π–†π–‘ π–’π–”π–‰π–Šπ–—π–“ 𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗 π–˜π–π–”π–“π–Šπ–“ β–Έβ–Έβ–Έ [CLOSED]

blue UP

[they/them]
Roleplay Type(s)
Veritas-copy-3.png

You step into a building, and a cold chill runs up and down your spine like fingers made of ice. The energy of this place churns your stomach, and the back of your eyes tingle. You know something bad happened here. Everyone has this sort of sixth sense, knowing when things are off, and yours is sounding the alarm. You swallow it down, tell yourself to stop being silly, and then move on. Yet, as a human, you don’t see what is truly happening in that room. A monstrosity formed of corpses in various stages of death watches you walk by. You feel its nails through your hair and its awful breath on the back of your neck. So, you walk faster. Unfortunately, this monster consumes the entire hallway, and every step you take is only a slight shift in movement for it. You reach the door on the other side of the room and exhale as you hear voices you recognize on the other side. You grip the handle when a fast and visceral pain lances through your stomach, and you look down to be greeted by your entrails floating there. But your vision goes blurry, and for a second, you look up at your own bodyβ€”headless.

Your friends open the door, swearing they heard something. All they see is the empty hallway. They had been waiting for someoneβ€”maybe. Actually, everyone was here. They don’t know why they thought you were coming because they don’t even know who you are. In an instant, you are not only food but a withering figment in people's memories.

What you don’tβ€”well didn’tβ€”know is that there’s another world, two actually, layered on top of your own. The umbra, where the demon that devoured you came from, and the lumen, filled with starving angels. They congregate in places of extreme negativity and positivity, respectively, and feed on the humans who are foolish enough to walk into their domain. Thousands of people go missing a year, but they are soon forgotten. There’s nothing that humans can do to protect themselves from this invisible threat. Fortunately, humans share this planet with the divine, humans with the ability to see and interact with demons and angelsβ€”and, more importantly, hunt them. They are called exorcists, and they sacrifice everything to cull this constant threat.

The year is 2025, and our story starts at an academy, in the massive metropolis of Gran Vesta, that trains the future generations of exorcists. Twenty years ago, a class from this academy saved the world. Today, they train new and upcoming students. This is how things are: an unbroken cycle of destroying one’s youth to create a weapon that can fend off demons and angels. And you are a new student at this academy, and your final exam is staying alive.

U2KHZ9N.png

• fNEyMfT.png

RP.png
Veritas is a horror shonen. Yes, I’ve taken heavy inspiration from Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, some of that surprising body horror from JJBA, the in-your-face body horror of Parasyte, a few power system ideas from Darker than Black, vibes from Psyren and D. Gray Man, and the underrated Blood Blockade Battlefrontβ€”mixed that together and make sure that Tokyo Ghoul doesn’t touch it. And true to its name, Latin for β€œtruth and reality”, it has a bit of a mystery to solve. Yet, unlike all shonen, there is no main character. This is a collaborative group effort. Occasionally, we may have backstories or small character arcs shine through, but for the most part, there is no one important characterβ€”mine included.

So, if you’ve ever made an OC for one of your favorite shonen animes and tucked it to the side because that’s cringe and you don’t want to talk about it, this is the RP for you. You’ll have two characters at the outset of the RP. The alumni who saved the world 20 years ago and the student just starting the academy. So, if you are cranky about what happened to your favorite zaddy in that one shonen anime, you can make a new one and coddle them. Points if you know who I’m talking about.

This RP includes:
  • A power system that is loose enough to let you make up what you want, but regimented to make sure no one is OP.
  • An episodical structure to ensure the RP moves at a decent paceβ€”not fast, just decent.
  • A small system to allow players to win, lose, and possibly die in a narrative way that is both satisfying and keeps you from being the MC or forgotten by the plot.
  • Time for all that juicy shonen character drama, tragedy, and possibly some romance.
  • Me. I think I’m swell.

What you won't get:
  • insanely fancy div coding. Sorry. I learned how to do this on a different site, and a lot of the parameters are different here. Also, I'm not very good at it. On the other hand, I am good at ✨aesthetic✨

If that interests you, let me know. I have almost everything written. I went ahead and included the history for the world above, to let you get an idea as to the state of everything. Get those brain juices flowing. So, my requirements for this RP will be:
  • 5 – 10 interested people. I don’t want to put a lot of work into something that can’t even get off the ground.
  • A writing quality style that gets across what you are trying to say without me reading lines upon lines of every intestinal movement they have. So, Lit-Adv Lit?
  • Be 18+, due to the gore (it won't be extreme, if you can handle JJK, Chainsaw Man, and Hell's Paradise, you're fine), character death, and posts involving mental health and trauma. I promise not to go heavily into the latter part, as this is a shonen RP, but with us playing older characters... I'm sure they've seen some things.
  • The flexibility and interest in doing not only solo posts, but collaboratives ones as well. As I've said before, this is a collaborative RP. No one is the protagonist.

Anyway, do the thing, and ask any questions you want to.

Last edited:
I've got an old character of mine that I think might work well in this world. Definitely interested!

I'm interested! This sounds so well-planned, my only worry is that I haven't done any RP in about seven years, and never this genre, but if you have me I'll join :)

Alright. That's more than enough interest to get this bad boy up and going. I have everything written. I need to go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything is cohesive and easy to read. I also need to finish the example CSes (aka MY character sheets), and then we should be good to go. Expect this to be done either tomorrow or Saturday (8/3) at the latest. In the meantime, I will drop the "how the powers work" bit here so you guys can start thinking about that. I need to reformat character creation, or I would drop that in as well. Hopefully, this gives a good idea of how powers work. Also, feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure I forgot to explain something.

3GEvlAQ.png

• JesYm8V.png

Already have some character/power ideas, but it'd be useful to hear other people's ideas as well.

I'm travelling until Sunday so I won't be super prompt on the starting up process,but I'd just like to register my interest as well.

Perfectly fine with being on the shortlist until a second wave of recruitment starts,if this is already full up for now.

Aight. It'll definitely be tomorrow (8/3), probably in the evening (5 GMT; US CST). My job decided to ignore the on-call protocol and send me two states away for a job. I'll have some spicy words for upper management come Monday. Until then, I'm getting this job done. I should be back tomorrow to get everything wrapped up.

I see this and the first thing that comes to mind is: GUNS.
Guns are totally viable. They're not more powerful than any other weapon, but you can roll up with a shotgun. Actually, a previous idea I had used one, but it felt TOO cool, and I wanted to avoid my characters being too cool. I recommend typing "magical gun art" into Pinterest; there's a lot there.

Already have some character/power ideas, but it'd be useful to hear other people's ideas as well.
When I get the main thread up, I do plan on starting a Discord for people to discuss everything in. Because I totally understand, you don't want to get mostly through a CS, and someone puts something up that's exactly like yours. That has happened to me so many times.

Perfectly fine with being on the shortlist until a second wave of recruitment starts,if this is already full up for now.
I will be honest and say that it won't be first come, first serve. I don't know if I'll have more applicants than slots open, but I don't want people to rush their CS. Hek, it took me a month to write everything, and I changed one of my characters five times. I want people to be happy with what they're playing and not stressed. So, I'll probably make a deadline.

When I get the main thread up, I do plan on starting a Discord for people to discuss everything in. Because I totally understand, you don't want to get mostly through a CS, and someone puts something up that's exactly like yours. That has happened to me so many times.
Aww man, and just when I thought I might've finally found a cool RP I could join without an off-site OOC TwT Ah well- still a great RP concept either way.

Apologies that this took so long~! I was stuck on the hekkin' tarmac for 4 hours yesterday. Anyway, here it is, in all its glory (?):

Hello! Is this still recruiting?

Aww man, and just when I thought I might've finally found a cool RP I could join without an off-site OOC TwT Ah well- still a great RP concept either way.
I understand that. I would love to keep everything on one site. But, unfortunately, keeping the OOC organized to keep chatting away from plotting, away from collabing, away from shitposting would create an insane web of pages. So, using a chat system that can easily categorize everything is easier. Not that I'm disappointed at forums for not having this; that would be a coding nightmare. But until there is a facsimile for it, Discord is the easiest way to ensure that information is where it should be. I really like organization, if you couldn't tell.

Hello! Is this still recruiting?
Yep! This is not first come, first serve. If only to allow people time to think about their characters and the like. So, join us if you are interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back