• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire of the Dead

Tombstone said:
Are you guys still accepting, because I was under the impression this RP had closed.
I closed admissions for a while because it was starting to fill up, but seeings as most people who signed up dropped the RP - as well as activity being generally quiet anyway - I opened it back up. It'll probably never be permanently closed.

So yeah, we're still accepting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have a question, IRL I'm a championship shooter. Currently ranked 7th overall in the nation. Is it ok if my character reflects this? I was planning on having him be one of the best at the start, and working to get better as the apocalypse passes.

Legends speak of a man clad in black, who roams the wasteland alone. Twin Sixguns on his hip, a Winchester in hand, his duster flapping in the wind. His skill with a gun is untouchable, so much so that he's killed a half dozen Z-com members at once. He comes out of nowhere and ventures wherever he pleases. Those who cross him or have wrong others find death by his hand. He walks trails by moonlight demons fear during the day. Even the smartest corpses have learned to feel fear of him.

Name: Jake Holliday

Faction: Surivors

Appearance: Holliday is 6' 2", has bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. His apparel consists of jeans, a long sleeve western shirt, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, leather belt, holsters, and a long duster jacket, all of which are black.

proxy.php

Weapon of choice:

PiettaTStorm-BLUE-4HORIZ.jpg

A pair of Colt 1873 Single Action Replicas with the low wide hammer from a Colt Bisley. Each gun is chambered in .45 Long Colt and has action jobs.

CA241-1873ShortRfl-20-44WCF_2.jpg

Winchester 1873 replica with 24" barrel chambered in .45 Long Colt.

Backstory: Holliday was 16 when the world when to hell, but did it really. Humans had been killing it for a long time, they were bound to fall. Everything that came was deserved, or that was how he saw it. The earth was just exercising a routine extinction, nothing more and nothing less. What set him apart from all the others was his skill with a gun. By this point in the life he was a top tier competition shooter. He knew his weapons like the back of his own hand. When the shit hit the fan, this and his years of outdoor experience gave him a head start on all of the others.

He never had many friends, and everyone he loved perished in the initial outbreak. So he roamed from town to town, keeping himself alive. While others formed groups, he looked out for the one and only. Still, he'd never appreciated the extortion of the Demons or the Raiders. When they wronged someone, he'd find them and try to make the world a little better. It was his own brand of apocalyptic frontier justice.

The years passed, and the whole time he kept training and honing his skills. He was the best and he knew it, there wasn't anyway he was willing to give that up. Because of the actions he constantly took, it wasn't long before both parties had a bounty over his head. This didn't phase Holliday, he beat them every time. Each time he gave them the chance to turn away. Not once was his offer accepted, each time they fell. So day after day, he keeps to the outskirts, to himself. Night after night, the stars are his only friend. Time after time, he lives by the gun.

Additional details:

• The story at the beginning is an embellished version of what he has actually done. It is a reputation that he has helped fostered and spread. It isn't the truth, but it is the story which the survivors tell.
  • He is a lone wolf. Survivors are the only people he tends to interact with, thus he can be considered a very, very loose part of their faction.

Theme tune:

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tombstone I should probably mention a few points that I'd like you to work on before I can accept you.

• The name should be full - first and last. Not every character is on a first name basis with eachother.

• 'Faction' should contain what faction your character is in. No more, no less. Anything else goes in the additional details segment.

• 'Z-Com members' are rare. Very rare - as referenced in the intro. It'd be unlikely to see a dozen, let alone kill a dozen. Or just one, for that matter. There's plenty of ways to make your character sound badass without bending the lore around them.

Regarding the '7th best shooter in the nation', I'd keep in mind that being a crack-shot isn't much in a roleplay that requires permission to kill off player characters - unless you plan on writing up convenient misses whenever you initiate combat with another player.

I'd take some time to read through the intro, as well as the rules before adjusting your character. Link me in when you're geared up and I'll take a gander.

Caffeine Freak] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/15928-tombstone/ said:
@Tombstone[/URL] I should probably mention a few points that I'd like you to work on before I can accept you.
• The name should be full - first and last. Not every character is on a first name basis with eachother.

• 'Faction' should contain what faction your character is in. No more, no less. Anything else goes in the additional details segment.

• 'Z-Com members' are rare. Very rare - as referenced in the intro. It'd be unlikely to see a dozen, let alone kill a dozen. Or just one, for that matter. There's plenty of ways to make your character sound badass without bending the lore around them.

Regarding the '7th best shooter in the nation', I'd keep in mind that being a crack-shot isn't much in a roleplay that requires permission to kill off player characters - unless you plan on writing up convenient misses whenever you initiate combat with another player.

I'd take some time to read through the intro, as well as the rules before adjusting your character. Link me in when you're geared up and I'll take a gander.
Caffeine Freak] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/15928-tombstone/ said:
@Tombstone[/URL] I should probably mention a few points that I'd like you to work on before I can accept you.

Alright I made some changes which I like to point out:

• Ive edited the faction
  • Ive added a first name
  • as far as killing the Z-com members, thats a tall tale. The point of that is his story has been blown a bit out of proportion through word of mouth. He has taken a few down in the past, but not all at once.

I also don't plan to kill off any characters. His specialty is his draw and point shooting abilities. If it came down to it id go with the cliche "shoot the gun out of his hand." Where it more comes into play is when dealing with the undead.

Tombstone said:
Alright I made some changes which I like to point out:
  • Ive edited the faction
  • Ive added a first name
  • as far as killing the Z-com members, thats a tall tale. The point of that is his story has been blown a bit out of proportion through word of mouth. He has taken a few down in the past, but not all at once.

I also don't plan to kill off any characters. His specialty is his draw and point shooting abilities. If it came down to it id go with the cliche "shoot the gun out of his hand." Where it more comes into play is when dealing with the undead.
Sweet - just read through it. Hope the critique wasn't discouraging, I'm loving the character development, it's just that I've had a few RPs crash and burn under a single OP post and I've probably contracted some form of PTSD from it.

More onto the point - You're accepted! (Thanks for your patience, too) Post up whenever you feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back