[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Yeah, 5 from my stamina, 1 from my feathers, and the rest from my Armor Forming Technique. I love that charm.

Hold on - I miscalcualted. it should only be 18, not 22. Armor forming technique gives me 3 points per mote, not 4.

That was Survival, not Socialize.

Fuck.

1h overtime today, my neurons fell prey to Oblivion...

Sorry for the delay on stunting the join battle / awareness, work has been overly busy today, and I just got away.

Z I hope you're ready for some Advent Children moment, 'cause I'm definitely throwing you to them. :lol:

That's why Hill Hurling Might is such an awesome charm (it was SOOO much in my list for Broken Heron....)

:lol:

A- There's an army coming for us... what should we do

B- Send the cavalry

* C uses Hill Hurling Might and starts throwing at the army cute but panicking and screaming horses from the corral... one by one

A&B- WO WO WO...wu what the hell are you doing?

C- ...sending the cavalry ?!

*pokes head in room*

Er, hello everybody.

Could you use reinforcements from an unexpected new arrival about now?

Wasn't really sure about what Walker could see. I assume a warstrider is big enough to see from the hillside, but I didn't know if he could see the flying Immaculates.

Arynne said:
Could you use reinforcements from an unexpected new arrival about now?
Welcome welcome!

Have a look at the Notable Personalities, with so many players there is going to be some overlap, but feel free to propose your concept.

I'm ok with almost anything (we have a ban on Mountain Folk and Infernal Excellencies) but all the rest is game.

You may want to discuss with the other players how to best serve the group and the drama!

@Norts: The beeline distance between your char and the Crown is about 60m

Some of the character concepts I pitched to xarvh are:

A Dawn Caste (or possibly Full Moon Lunar) with Dragon King/stalker allies,

A wandering mendicant Night Caste who fights ghosts and monsters,

A Dawn or Twilight teenage warstrider pilot,

And a Changing Moon Lunar trying to find allies to rescue her Abyssal mate from the Dowager's clutches.

I realize that most of these will probably overlap with somebody else's turf, but do any of them sound OK?

Arynne, why don't you with a Dragon King directly?

You'd start with Essence 4 and have all the experience costs of a Solar, Martial Arts included.

The Dragon King allies would prove usefull in helping to take care of a mass of refugees with their abilities to enhance plants, giving us the ability to grow food in unfavorable conditions. I should know; I'm playing one in a different game right now. :D

Having someone able to see/interact with spirits is always a good thing when dealing with all the dead that plagued the refugees.

Another warstrider pilot to pair up with my suit would be cool.

Trying to rescue someone from a Deathlord would make for a good plot thread.

So, what I'm saying is, all the ideas would work for me. Does that make it any easier? 8)

Arynne said:
Some of the character concepts I pitched to xarvh are:
A Dawn Caste (or possibly Full Moon Lunar) with Dragon King/stalker allies,

A wandering mendicant Night Caste who fights ghosts and monsters,

A Dawn or Twilight teenage warstrider pilot,

And a Changing Moon Lunar trying to find allies to rescue her Abyssal mate from the Dowager's clutches.

I realize that most of these will probably overlap with somebody else's turf, but do any of them sound OK?
We have an army-based Dawn (Orzhov), and a warstrider pilot (Sherwood). Alternatively, you and Sherwood can play Gundam Exalted.

Norts is playing a DK, so a Lunar bent on his redemption could fit in quite nicely.

Cyl is our other Night caste, but I *think* (he can correct me), is more thievery focused, so a ghost-buster Night could jump in nicely. I don't think we have any anti-spirit characters at all (Midboss can tell me I'm wrong, but I think he's more of a crafter twilight?)

Ah yes, the kicking spirit hunter is definitely missing from our suite :twisted:

Sounds like we have a couple of favorites. :)

Slightly fuller descriptions...

Joyous Dove, the first character, was a Realm soldier who joined up in search of glory and adventure and found only mud and marching a lot. She Exalted during a battle with some stalkers...a battle which also enlightened her opponent. Weeks later, the Wyld Hunt caught up with them (the two had become fire-forged friends by then) in the ruins of an ancient city, where their desperate struggle for survival awakened an ancient and powerful Dragon King who made short work of the Terrestrials. Now Dove and her friend Lat'c are the champions of Lat'c's tribe of semi-enlightened stalkers. Under the guidence of the elder, Eneg, they seek to restore First Age ruins, awaken other Sleepers, and reclaim the lost heritage of human and Dragon King alike.

Bone Shadow belongs to a priesthood of Saturn based on the flute-playing komuso of ancient Japan. When outside her temple, she wears a tengai, a basket-shaped reed headdress that conceals her features. No-one outside her order has even seen her true face, only the tengai, or illusions created by Night Caste Charms. Her temple stands on the edge of a shadowland (it might even be the Temple of the Violet Lotus) but at the command of her sifu she has set out to walk Creation. She never speaks of her life before entering the order, saying only, "She is dead."

On the other hand, if Malek is abandoning me, I may not live long enough to care. :-P
Like he has a choice...

Although I'm having ideas for a quite daring stunt to bring us both to the ground :twisted:

Arynne said:
Sounds like we have a couple of favorites. :)
Slightly fuller descriptions...
Very nice concepts.

However, remember that they will somehow participate in the development of a nation.

Since there are many playing characters, you may want to use them for your background.

I would like this game to be largely about the interaction and the drama among playing characters, rather than among the PCs with the NPCs.

I'd rather avoid other Solars, but if it's what you want to play, go for it.

Okay, then. I can easily make Joyous Dove a Lunar.

And that was intended to be the backstory that brought her and "her" tribe into contact (or conflict) with the refugees in the first place. Both in search of the Promised Land...

If you go Lunar, feel free to select one of the PCs as your Mate, with or without her consent. You get ooo bond dots for free.

Excellent. :D

And as for interacting with other PCs, consider: Dove would be a Casteless Lunar, with no comprehension of the modern-day Silver Pact. Her knowledge of her own kind comes from what the Dragon Kings remember about Lunars in the High First Age.

How will the party's No Moons react to the situation?

My thought would be 'Ah! A reason to get the tatooing Charm!', and "Tell me how you would solve these puzzles and challenges..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back