[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Yeah for now it's Don't look a gift horse in the mouth time :mrgreen:

I'm sorry I screwed up for my first target, I should have flurried at least 4 attacks.

And they're not tonfas, just batons :wink:

cyl said:
I'm sorry I screwed up for my first target, I should have flurried at least 4 attacks.
Surprise attack is 'Flurry the shit out of it and hope it dies' time. This is why paranoia combo's exist; DV 0 is bad for your health.

And it's no problem. I've made much, much worse tactical decisions in the past. :-P

(Also, calling BS on 'just batons'. Tonfa are far cooler than batons and spinning Tonfa make for good stunt fodder, ergo, you should make them Tonfa.)

Sorry for the delay on my defense / attack / athletics roll. My computer has been acting a bit wonky this evening.

I'd love to, but I'm waiting to find out what I did or didn't see. :roll:

Gimme some time... ^^

Midboss, Orzhov, Crazy Ivan: the map refers to the plateau and the caldera.

We'll make it nicer and add details as we play, for now take it as it is.

Exams done, and none too soon. I'll be working on catching up on story reading and creating my character soon, but I must recover first (was almost physically ill from stress). And enjoy my delayed Christmas present (A:tlA season 2 DVD box, yeah :mrgreen: ).

So, please refresh my memory, do we start as Exalts or mortals, or is it a choice (I'd rather start as an Exalt myself); also: which group would be more likely to meet an Eclipse navigator/free trader? (or am I likely to start solo?).

Brekkir said:
So, please refresh my memory, do we start as Exalts or mortals, or is it a choice (I'd rather start as an Exalt myself); also: which group would be more likely to meet an Eclipse navigator/free trader? (or am I likely to start solo?).
It's a choice, and I'd push Exaltation to happen fast.

How you meet the others depends largely on your background and how I can co-opt it for my evil plans.

xarvh said:
Okay, I'll go as soon as I can think up a stunt more appropriate than "Stab him a whole bunch with my knife."

(Or if the immaculates want to resolve, I can resolve after)

Actually they already attacked on T10 (their first attack was on T6, and their second on T10), they'll act again on T14 :wink:

cyl said:
Actually they already attacked on T10 (their first attack was on T6, and their second on T10), they'll act again on T14 :wink:
They speared me on Tick 2 and Tick 6, so they'll be going again on tick 10. (which is a misuse of the coordinated attack rules; they should have attacked on T5 and T10, since Coordinate Attack is a speed 5 misc, and the attack window is on the last tick of the Coordinate Attack action, so they shouldn't be up again to T15, but I figured I'd roll with how Xarvh has been applying the rule)

Though I do like your idea that they have already gone; fewer motes I have to burn on SSE. >.>

No, they didn't attack on T2 :mrgreen:

They're using coordinated attacks, it takes some downtime to use (in their case 4 ticks)

So what happened was:

T0 - T6 the bad guys do nothing and prepare their evil attack (see the first post of the second page)

T2 Malek attacks

T6: the bad guys attack in sync against Callen (you burn your 4 SSE) + they coordinate another attack against Callen on T10 + Callen attacks + Malek attacks

T10: the bad guys launch another wave of coordinated attacks at Callen (and you burn 8 SSE) (dunno if they plan another on T14 but it's likely) + Callen's turn + Malek Aims

So, technically it's your turn, you need to resolve your action and then this is what will follow

T13: Malek is up and will attack

T14: the bad guys are up, Callen is up.

T17: Malek is up and will attack

T18: the bad guys are up, Callen is up.

ST: please confirm ? :D

ST confirms.

I hate sync ticks.

Internet is fucked up.

Dunno how much access I will have.

Sherwood: we wait for Norts' action, then we see.

You're right! I'm an idiot. I thought they attacked 2/6/10.

They actually attacked 6/10.

So, they *should* have attacked 5/10. (Because the guy on tick 0 was coordinating)

Coordinate Attack is a Misc Action (and speed 5). So they could be throwing non-coordinated javelins on 14, or they could launch another Coordinated Attack on tick 15.

Sorry for being dumb; I really don't know why I thought they attacked on tick 2. My apologies.

I'll get my attack up shortly, since I guess I'm the only person left on Tick 10.

Note to Xarvh: I assumed the city was somewhere there, but Siham doesn't want to poke the Behemoth without the others being at safe distance.

As soon as Norts and Cyl respond to the flipping omelette I'll open Scene 4.

Midboss said:
Note to Xarvh: I assumed the city was somewhere there, but Siham doesn't want to poke the Behemoth without the others being at safe distance.
Yeah, I just wanted to ensure I wasn't confusing you guys. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back