[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

JayTee said:
I'd like to argue for attunable artifacts, if only because I love the irony of "crappy looking artifact actually houses phenomenal cosmic power" :D
We can make an exception for that. =D

cyl said:
Hey we play young exalts... we are not supposed to know or understand much about them.
Technically, we play low Essence Exalts - a high Essence Exalt is by definition old, but a "old" Exalt need not necessarily be high Essence. Beyond that both Fangs and Siham have Lore and Int out the yinyang, and have been squatting on First Age library-manses since the start of the game.

xarvh said:
Thanks Jay.
-sigh-

Other sources specified that indeed the EDs ARE Gaia's fetich souls. T_T

@CI: Sorry, I may need some time to come with a decent response from Big K.

That is, unless I ditch canon entirely, which will cause problems to your understanding of Primordials.
Take your time. I think I've mentioned this before, but since PbP lacks the ebb-and-flow of a tabletop game, I like sticking to material we can all reference as much as I can.

And in fairness, I did kind of spring it on you, because I am a huge jerkasaurus.

Kacie said:
Which is why I suggested using the Void Heart's psychological pathologies against him, instead of trusting in a straight-up fight.
Despite being nearly killed by him, Cunning Fangs hasn't figured this out yet. She'd be up for it though. She's carrying around a Perfect Parry (because as mentioned, you can't trust Lunar Hardness to get you out of everything) and a probabilistic-perfect if she picks up whatever the Terrestrial-level "Explode into a flock of birds" spell is, because she'd explode into *five* identical flocks of birds.

JayTee said:
Fair, in that case Siham will just smack her upside the head for getting irrational and failing to talk to her intellectual equal about the problem to see if the two of them can solve it. :tongue:
He'll get a hint as to what's to come when she approaches him about something she wants to make. Waiting until after we get Ankss sorted out, but it can be summed up as "The kind of walking stick you ask for when you're not planning on a return trip".

Consider that Project Point spent!

(I think we're ready to move to the Science! now, unless @Kacie wanted to do something else, or just more RPing)

@CrazyIvan: Flight of Separation, for that spell you mentioned. Also, aw :(

Ok, I'll create a thread in Wonders.

Do you want me to post anything specific? Blueprint is definitely a sandbox thread.

The Myrmidon Worker-Soldiers to mass produce. As mentioned in the thread, they're there to take a lot of the load off the citizens and soldiers to make their lives easier.

I'd like to build some kind of sentry system to oversee and protect Cross. I'm thinking Warstrider-grade Golems disguised as vanity statues that have hella detection and offense/defense abilities.

Also in case I haven't mentioned it earlier, almost everything that Siham builds (or grows with Genesis) has some kind of emergency shutdown/reboot command installed, in case it's turned against him or something manages to get past all the security measures he puts in place.

EDIT: Oh, and my Factory Cathedral and 5 Dot manse, can't forget those.

Fine.

But remember than any increase in complexity can be exploited.

I wonder if it is thematically appropriate for Infernals to have a set of Charms that imitates the Essence signature of a specific Exalt...

A personal command code generating enchantment, which changes the password every two weeks, using an algorithm that only Siham knows?

Good luck.

JayTee said:
A personal command code generating enchantment, which changes the password every two weeks, using an algorithm that only Siham knows?
Good luck.
security.png

Immunity to Everything, Seven Shadow Evasion, Elusive Dream Defense, Integrity Protecting Prana, etc etc.

Good luck.

Actually, screw it. I'm just going to raise their artifact level to make it literally impossible to hack.

Yeah, I want a perfectly loyal robo-army, so by god I am going to fucking build a perfectly loyal robo army. > :)

Also, can I get this charm from the Hundredfold Facets of Enlightenment?

Tenfold Master Laborer Technique

Cost: 10m, 1wp;

Mins: Craft 5, Essence 4;

Type: Extra Action

Keywords: Combo-OK

Duration: Instant

Prerequisite Charms: Crack-Mending Technique, Craftsman Needs No Tools

If the Solar Exalted make the production of wondrous trea sures look easy, it’s because, for them, it is. This Charm is a flurry of up to ten separate dramatic or extended Craft actions, none of which suffer multiple action penalties. The targets of each of these actions must all be in the same workshop or the Solar must be able to reach each project within a few minutes from any other project; greater distance prevents the use of this Charm. If the Exalt is working exclusively on objects, he can instead build or repair as many as (Essence x 10) items at once.
It should tied me over until I can get a factory cathedral up and running, so I can automate the process of building large amounts of things at once.

I'd rather steer out of that.

I'm still very frustrated with all the combat Charms.

I find myself hoping hard for 3e, conscious that it might be shit.

I know.

I'm sorry JT, but right now I'm having already hard times managing this thing and what Siham is doing.

I'm keeping the door open for the future, but right now I prefer to keep things easier for me.

JayTee said:
I utterly and emphatically disagree. Int/Lore/Occult 5 with an excellency mean I can average 10 successes on a knowledge roll, meaning I know or can figure out literally everything that is not impossible for my character to know, and even then I can extrapolate or deduce what I don't know using what I do know.
And while impressive, it does not necessarily mean Siham can figure out things that guys with int/lore/occult 8+ could not figure out during the First Age.

There are plenty of things in the books not detailed simply labelled "too complex / strange for the human / exalted mind to grasp".

Siham is probably one of the brightest mind of his time, but he probably often feels like a dumb child reading a quantum physics manual whenever he reads some of Agatha's stuff, don't you think ?

Technically, we play low Essence Exalts - a high Essence Exalt is by definition old, but a "old" Exalt need not necessarily be high Essence. Beyond that both Fangs and Siham have Lore and Int out the yinyang, and have been squatting on First Age library-manses since the start of the game.
I play a low essence exalt since I'm still at essence 3 and you guys pretty much all have 5 :D

I'd also argue that access to FA source material does not necessarily means that one can comprehend or practically use that knowledge.

Essence (which kind of represent a character's insight / strength in the force) and skills minimas still restrict an exalt's power most of the time IMHO.

Even if you're a superhuman dudes, at essence 5, there are still limits to what you can do.

But you raised a good question: how far does your (all of you) current incarnation get back ?

Malek being the reincarnation of Blue Amber who died during the Banquet Purge... he's probably been around for less than a decade.

@xarvh : thanks for the new scene ! :)

Nope, as far as I am concerned. Siham knows everything that it's possible for him to know at 5/5, and even the things that are impossible for him to know are likely to be deduced. That whole "too complex for the mind" is bullshit. I'm a fucking Solar Exalt, nothing and no one is beyond my power.

Higher dots just mean you don't need to exert yourself with excellencies as much, or in the case of Charms, it means you have a greater degree of specialization. That's it. End of discussion.

@Arynne : so we're still in the long range observation phase, but apparently the fog is restricting us from seeing too much.

I thought about using Traceless Passage (to cover my tracks since you can fly and leave none), and while on the ground MIT + the stealth group charm so you can benefit from whatever stealth effect Malek can wrap himself with.

@xarvh: not to be finical but... keen sight normally allows Malek to "make out the detail on a commander’s epaulet at 500 yards distance, at night".

Considering the tables for clear vision, it translates as 20 times the maximum clear vision for average condition (leafless forest at night, during a full moon).

The fog during the day defines a clear vision maximum of 10 yards, so if my logic is sound it means that Malek can see clearly up to 200 yards with Keen Sight while in the Ankss area.

I'm just trying to get a feel of how far we can stay / how close we need to get to gain a satisfactory amount of information.

That whole "too complex for the mind" is bullshit.
Difference of style then :)

As a ST I've always respected that "rule" because it made sense to me.

It's kind of the same logic used with access to the Circles of Sorcery / Necromancy and the different types of exalts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back