[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Malek can resist the Soul Invading Glance, but it costs 2wp for him to do so. Mirror can attempt it once per day. The fact it costs 2wp to resist is reason enough for Mirror to use it every day, just to do her part to keep Malek low on willpower. If he doesn't resist, she finds out exactly what his intimacies are - and thus can even give feedback to Fangs on how much progress has been made. (She can lob enough dice that she'll overcome his MDV.)

Mirror has no problems being Bad Cop.

But please consider this as background info - Mirror is following Fangs's lead. She'll do what she can to facilitate Fangs's attempts, but what precisely happens should be worked out between Cyl and Crazy Ivan.

Caught up on the OOC now to the threads!

Have some time for catch up this weekend. Still need to figure out a new time in my schedule for regular updates.

Glad to have you back Feantari. =)

I'll confess that I was making plans about Argis (no, no gruesome death for him).

But if you want, feel free to have him enter Return of the Thief.

How would that work? I feel like Argis would need a reason to abandon plan test bloom on deathlord. Not a big deal reason or anything, but news that we weren't going to get the weapon in time or that malek was back or some such. I can pretend there was such info and arrive fashionably late?

Your call.

We last saw Argis in Sanctuary with Flickering Claw.

Whether this happened after or before moving troops to Mirunda is up to you.

BUT, Malek has been saved before Argis moved troops from Mirunda, just because I need you guys to be posting more or less synchronous scenes.

If you want to continue with your Bloom-planting plan, we can open a Scene just for Argis while the others play in Return of the Thief.

Otherwise, CI may have Fangs send an Infallible Messanger to Argis, so that he can take part to Return of the Thief.

@JayTee: Decide the features you want for the arm, up to Art 3 you don't need Project Points.

The surgery to attach it will be fun...

Naw, nothing crazy like my other ideas. It's just a basic Jade core for bone and Moonsilver for muscles and skin. It has two special features:

The moonsilver skin can change color to look like normal skin

There is an extra reserve of moonsilver and powdered Jade in the "bone" of the forearm. Argis can reflexively draw out this extra reserve and form it in to any weapon that can be held in one hand. The weapon stats are from the non-magical weapon table, save they have a minimum damage of 2, like all artifact weapons.

Rhapsody should be able to reattach the arm without too much trouble - is it okay to have her do this, even though she's functionally an NPC now?

How about something more interesting/quirky than forming a non-magical weapon? Flash-bangs would be cool; not so great against Exalts, but great against everything else?

According to WotLA, p71:

+2 Limb

+2 Every one-handed non-MM weapon

+1 Detection: Diff 2 to touch or 4 with any other sense.

--

5 -> Artifact 3

Yes, we can have Rhapsody do the surgery, but's not as fun. =D

I can do weirder if we want. I figure stick to the basics since it's not my character who is getting the arm grafted on them.

Feantari said:
Does that work with you @CrazyIvan ? What sort of info if so?
Probably just that's we're back from the Underworld and heading back to the Cross having found Malek. Probably phrased to communicate a somewhat...cautious...attitude toward the latter.

Edited cyl's post, Rhapsody is NOT present to the Scene (she's in Mirunda).

Also, if JayTee does not remind why Fangs calls Siham "Water Buffalo" CI may have to remind him.

JayTee said:
Water buffalo? What?
Cunning Fangs had seen a trap like this before, though somewhat less elegant. A water buffalo, trapped at the edge of a bog, his floundering, frantic movements serving only to churn the mud more, hooves driving deeper into the sucking, clinging morass. Eventually the creature had collapsed, exhausted from it's struggles, mud and stagnant water flooding its lungs.
She had watched the scene in silence, and the scavengers that had learned to lurk at the edge of the bog fed well that night.

But, despite superficial similarities, Solars were not water buffalo.
Cunning Fangs rescues Siham from the Behemoth in one of the opening scenes of the game. She's been referring to him as "Water Buffalo" ever sense, mostly as a term of affection.

Jesus Flying Christ.

Fangs got 52xp in Crossroads, also thanks to three 3-dice stunts, which I am usually very stiff in giving.

Good job boys, quite a show.

xarvh said:
All said and done we can also have Rhapsody regrow the arm.
Up to Feantari, I guess.
This is probably a narratively better way of fixing the crane, though admittedly lacks some of the zomg crazy awesome of a Siham science experiment. I'm totes good with either approach.

One costs you XPs, the other doesn't.

Uh, and provides you with all the weapons you need.

True enough. I just dumped all his current XP on charms, but I can save up for when there are materials to make this arm thing happen (or drop the last two charms I was getting or some such..). I'm guessing the line at the artifact factory is pretty long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back