• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic EDENSEED: The Genesis War

processing.gif

OH! I get it. He he. Funny.

hahah! Its up to you :) I have no issues with character, but if i do see something queer, I'll just point it out IC. Its much more interactive tht way. Don't take it personally!

@Throne Trinity I appreciate the effort. But tbh, I didn't really like the idea. But I was mulling away on trying to figure out an alternative. The initial plan was to let things run for one battle first, before updating you on it. It looks like you just went and added it though.

No worries, just leave it there for now; no need to erase the post. But for the coming battle, just assume you do not have that melee weapon :)

Sincerely Me] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/29295-throne-trinity/ said:
@Throne Trinity[/URL] I appreciate the effort. But tbh, I didn't really like the idea. But I was mulling away on trying to figure out an alternative. The initial plan was to let things run for one battle first, before updating you on it. It looks like you just went and added it though.
No worries, just leave it there for now; no need to erase the post. But for the coming battle, just assume you do not have that melee weapon :)
Fair enough. My bad : /

@Sincerely Me sincerely this might have been asked and if it has I apologize. Whats the piloting like. Is it like gundam where it's nuerolinked or like linebarrels of iron and we pilot it with joysticks etc.

Abit of both. Cockpit design is up to you. It definitely is neurolinked, though it's significantly less advanced than a complete synchronisation where the machine basically becomes you.

You still kinda do need to press buttons and dials and such, but specifically for EVEs, pilots do feel some sensation. Neurolinking basically makes the EVE more responsive and synchronised to the pilot. Drawbacks is that if you do take damage, you 'feel' a certain degree of the pain. You will not die, but may experience blackouts are at most severe cases, brain damage.

Because of machine limitations, the way the systems are neurolinked between EVE classes are different. Scouts rely most on movement and therefore are most tightly linked to the pilots. Atlas and artilleries are the least, for a few reasons. Their systems and machination, particularly in regards to movement, are highly restricted. If pilots were as tightly linked as scouts, you would perpetually feel sluggish and probably feel a high degree of dislocation; where your perceive brain movements are disjointed from the actual movements. For artilleries, loose linking also helps utilise the more stable and reliable aspects of marksmanship coupled with the finesse that comes with the human part of the link. Atlas pilots who undoubtedly will take more damage over time will also experience less cerebral stress, compared to a scout.

The other classes are somewhere in between, depending on their emphasis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the NARC's that were piloted before the EVE's also be neurolinked? Mainly asking in regards to what Brian would have most experiance and be most comfortable with. @Sincerely Me

Nice, I guess it wouldn't be unreasonable that Brian preferred the traditional pilotting method & so the cockpit of his EVE was more similar to the NARC's. Could have some interesting implications (possible weapons that target neurolinkage?). Shall add it onto my CS or would it be fine if Gwyn just mentioned it on the runthrough, if @theunderwolf doesn't mind ofc.

@Sincerely Me

More traditional cockpit is fine. What do you bean by weapons that target neurolinkage?

You may add it to your cs

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking more about down the line. The confederation might develop weapons to interfere neurolinkage. More of a theorycrafting thing, been playing too much Path of Exile :) .

Ah, that's be an interesting plot twist. Regardless, like it or not, your Edenseed can only function by synchronising neurally with a specific pilot. Technically speaking, you'd still be significantly affected by such weapons, though at a lesser degree than say a more neurally dependant pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back