• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Department of Defense Against the Supernatural- OOC

When should I stop allowing new people to join?

• Eventually but not yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only let 2-3 more in

• Now

• Stop letting New RPers in, but current ones can add characters

• Never

• Total voters
Can we get going with the party soon? At the beggining of the other week I'm leaving for a week or so, to my grandpa in the country and I have no net there... So..

Yes! It is happening today. I intended to start it yesterday but was distracted/busy!

Post outfits if you are so inclined :)

BookWyrm said:
So did we decided on Vortigas being busted out during or after the party? @Hel
And it's happening stealthily towards the end of the party. They may be called away to deal with an escape, or those who are left behind may try to deal with it themselves.

I've got an idea on how I'd like it to play out actually. If it is alright I'd like to use it, but I kinda want to keep it a surprise.

@Hel

Yo! Characters like Evan Dor and Death now have a home in the third IC tab! Go chill out over there!

Also, @Azure Sky Don't forget that Allerio was also invited to this shindig for helping out, if you feel like bringing him back ;)d

@BookWyrm They must stay fairly neutral, they will be allowed to intervene in the main storyline at times, but I must give permission for that to happen- with the exception being disguises, for example, Evan-Dor may interact with others as a "journalist" but nothing that would truly alter the flow of events. These beings can be as powerful as you would like them to be yet must be strong enough to have a place among Death and Life and Evan-Dor.

This is also where 'gods' will go, while at full power. The 'gods' like Thor, Zeus, Vishnu, etc. are these cosmic beings who have broken into the real world to share their stories with people or to be praised or whatnot. Make sense?

Hel said:
Yo! Characters like Evan Dor and Death now have a home in the third IC tab! Go chill out over there!
Also, @Azure Sky Don't forget that Allerio was also invited to this shindig for helping out, if you feel like bringing him back ;)d
...He was...but he'll probably appear as Aeron Everlight xD (you know his Aeron persona helped with curing people during the Lich case , so he can go regardless of the 'mask' he puts on).

Evan-Dor is marely on the same level as the likes of Captain Atom though (just way less durable).

I was wondering what kind of equipment this organization uses to fight the supernatural obviously a human is at a large disadvantage when it comes to dealing with supernaturals.The standard issue weaponry or means of subduing a dangerous supernatural.I've been in a rp like this before although on the supernatural side and they have all of the procedures,gear[realistic gear too],gadgets and many other means to allow their agents to be a huge threat to any supernatural entering their city.Take your time getting back to me and if the information doesn't exist so be it I'll do my best to help with it as it helps the human/organization side to know what's available to them. @Hel

Holy shit...I didn't get any notifications about new posts in the main IC thread. WIll make a post regarding Allerio as soon as I can.

So far, we have a few established things. Standard gear for humans tends to be guns, always enchanted in some way so they can be effective against supernaturals. We have established plenty that are as physical as humans, ie vampires being vulnerable to typical vampire weaknesses, werewolves being killable with bullets, Ect. Very little does exist on this though, and most characters tend to be magic. We often let willing members help expand on the lore, so if you want to come up with more, feel free to pm me or Hel.

Airebsi said:
I was wondering what kind of equipment this organization uses to fight the supernatural obviously a human is at a large disadvantage when it comes to dealing with supernaturals.The standard issue weaponry or means of subduing a dangerous supernatural.I've been in a rp like this before although on the supernatural side and they have all of the procedures,gear[realistic gear too],gadgets and many other means to allow their agents to be a huge threat to any supernatural entering their city.Take your time getting back to me and if the information doesn't exist so be it I'll do my best to help with it as it helps the human/organization side to know what's available to them. @Hel

Well in other places I've been to they use the weaknesses as well but one place has something interesting they call it holy water[it's not actually holy water it's a name] they usually throw it at the supernatural to temporarily neutralize their powers, putting them on the humans level.Some people I've talked to say that their holy water is OP and stuff but when it gets down to it.It's humans vs something most likely stronger then them.Then again people there like to play powerful supernaturals and the agency against them is 100% no magic,no powers just 100% human.

I'd hate to just....jump into the rp because that would just ruin the whole flow you've established. How should I join in?

You could be at the party having somehow helped out with the battles before.

Hey, @Kylesar1 The department shouldn't know about that until the end of the party scene, which will be wrapping up tomorrow when Sleipnir and I are back on- hopefully everyone else will be too. :)

UPDATE!

The hosted project is green-lit!! The presidents party is going to be drug out for Character development time until the HP is launched sometime tomorrow or the day after, then we can assume all that has occurred here is still cannon and scoot our boots over to the Hosted Project section for the new cases! :)

Hi, Elias here. As I told you a couple days ago, I'm leaving for a short while today probably until next Monday. Urgent family business at other next-of-kin family members. Until then, use any of my characters if you must, and I'll pick up where you left/if you used them/ when I come back. After I return, expect full-time posts again. Sorry for that, I wouldn't like to go, but is a must.

And about the HP, I'll post when I come back.

I am going to reemphasize what Hel has already stated, just to make sure it's clear. The Department should not be aware of the fact that Vortigas has just escaped. We had planned on the Department finding the evidence once they returned from the party.

Sorry for not jumping in when I should've. I have read the RP thread (and due to my stupidity) I am unsure if its safe and or a good time for me to join. My apologies for being a dummy :P

You'll be able to get in here shortly. We're launching the Hosted Project, so we can make a place for you to get in. Assign you a case of your own if you like :)

Actually I believe that I'll be killing this thread and using it more as an archive, if everyone wouldn't mind moving over to the Hosted Project section?

Sorry for being a bother again....can someone provide me the link (if it exists) to the hosted project section. I can't seem to find it...or maybe i'm just blind. Once again, my apologies ( :x )

By the way, we will be starting the hosted project after the party ends. So go post the post-party stuff, because the party is over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back