TV & Film Cartoons you can't stand

Can't stand any Disney shows anymore. I don't really dislike or like the new Teen Titans. I enjoy Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time and on extremely rare occasions, SpongeBob because even though I've seen them all, I sorta like the animation style and it's nostalgic especially the older ones the run. I love Gumball's animation style. I like the way they incorporate stagnant patterns into the show. I wish I new what that technique was.

I love watching Courage the Cowardly Dog On Demand. My cable service needs to add more episodes on there though.

I also enjoy American Dad. Not so much Family Guy anymore.

Leonarc said:
utterly controlled / written by PTA parents and the people who actually liked the D.A.R.E. initiative. .
Have you seen Adventure Time. I swear to god Pendleton Ward and his staff is high as hell.

Cavil said:
Have you seen Adventure Time. I swear to god Pendleton Ward and his staff is high as hell.
Nah. But I'm not surprised from what I've heard about it. There are definitely a handful of shows where the creators have put some good thought and creativity into it, Gumball being one of them (Nephew loves that show.) It just seems like for every one or two shows like that, there are 4-5 awkward and empty ones. There is definitely a rise in quality over the past 2 years though, especially in terms of nostalgia. Adult cartoons are definitely making a big splash too.

I have honestly never been able to get into any adult-oriented cartoons: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Futurama, etc, etc. To me these kinds of shows have always felt...forced. Awkward. Trying to appeal to a weird niche and not really succeeding at it. The assortment of cheap "adult humor" that would make Chuck Lorre proud just feels stupid and obnoxious to me, too. Like, come on, I'm an adult, not some sex-obsessed man-child.

Although speaking of Chuck Lorre, even if his productions aren't cartoons, I fucking hate all of his stuff. Especially Big Bang Theory. The guy wouldn't know funny if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy.

Let's see...

Floogals. Calliou. Jungle Bunch. Tree Fu Tom. Chloe's Closet. Sydney Sailboat. Nature Cat. Ready Jet Go.

There are a lot I dislike, apparently.

The first one that came to mind for me is Steven Universe. Nothing really behind that except the main character has one of the most annoying voice's I've ever heard. Following that are Uncle Grandpa and Clarence. These are just... Annoying, aggravating shows to me. It's probably because I'm dead on the inside or something.

Every cartoon that came out on Cartoon network and Nickelodeon since 2014.

the only new show I want to watch is the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

"Teen Titans Go" reason being, it tainted the good name of the original, and the creators of "Teen Titans Go" are also not nice...

Shoot me, but I could never understand MLP.

A friend tried to get me to watch it with them and I could swear my ears were bleeding afterwards.

I'm a dark tortured soul- bright colours, happy life-lessons and squeaky voices are like torture to me.

That being said, I don't hate on others who enjoy it. I simply choose not to partake and steer pretty clear of the fandom as a whole. People are free to have their own opinions and enjoy what they like so long as it does harm to nobody else.

Versa said:
I'm sorry. *pats him on the back*
But I'm being honest.
I do admit, they went a little overboard sometimes... but for me, that is charming.

I can see where you're coming from, and I respect your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
RibRipper said:
I do admit, they went a little overboard sometimes... but for me, that is charming.
I can see where you're coming from.
Don't worry, a ton of dudes I grew up with were BIG FANS.

MiracleKa said:
I have honestly never been able to get into any adult-oriented cartoons: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Futurama, etc, etc. To me these kinds of shows have always felt...forced. Awkward. Trying to appeal to a weird niche and not really succeeding at it. The assortment of cheap "adult humor" that would make Chuck Lorre proud just feels stupid and obnoxious to me, too. Like, come on, I'm an adult, not some sex-obsessed man-child.
Although speaking of Chuck Lorre, even if his productions aren't cartoons, I fucking hate all of his stuff. Especially Big Bang Theory. The guy wouldn't know funny if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy.
I have a strong dislike for most adult oriented cartoon shows as well, most of them are a bit too raunchy for my taste and are more immature than most of the cartoons on childrens television. However I actually like the Simpsons (earlier episodes), Futurama, and Rick and Morty even though the last two can occasssionally be raunchy, they still have a charm and it's apparent that a lot of effort has been put into it.

As for Big Bang Theory that show is aweful, you should see this video on youtube where the laughtrack is removed, it becomes extremely awkward and rather sad, the actors pause during laughs. It tries too hard to be nerdy but appeal to wider audiences, resulting in pissing off most actual 'nerds'. One time I was stuck on a eight hour plane ride, nauseous, and all I had to watch was TBBT, needless to say, those was probably one of the worst days of my life. (other misfortunate things happened too like over +25 hours of traveling without sleep, but this takes the cake.)

Ballerina said:
As for Big Bang Theory that show is aweful, you should see this video on youtube where the laughtrack is removed, it becomes extremely awkward and rather sad, the actors pause during laughs. It tries too hard to be nerdy but appeal to wider audiences, resulting in pissing off most actual 'nerds'. One time I was stuck on a eight hour plane ride, nauseous, and all I had to watch was TBBT, needless to say, those was probably one of the worst days of my life. (other misfortunate things happened too like over +25 hours of traveling without sleep, but this takes the cake.)
My friend and I like to say that TBBT is a show for the purpose of making stupid people feel intelligent.

MrMister said:
My friend and I like to say that TBBT is a show for the purpose of making stupid people feel intelligent.
^This, I heard that before too, I was just having trouble phrasing it. A lot of people I know proudly announce they watch that show and tell me I might like it because it involves 'science' and is 'very smart'. -_-

By smart do you mean middle school level science?

Chowder, spongebob, uncle grandpa, teen titans go, pretty much any baby cartoon because they drive me nuts, clarence, my gym partners a monkey, etc etc etc

Clear said:
Chowder, spongebob, uncle grandpa, teen titans go, pretty much any baby cartoon because they drive me nuts, clarence, my gym partners a monkey, etc etc etc
Whoa whoa... aye, old spongebob was good, and chowder was a decent show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back