[Blood-Dimmed Tides] Non-PC OOC Thread

If I get a do-over is up to you guys. I'd say yes, but I'm biased. I had forgotten about the fire immunity, but I'm not actually seeing a flaming woman in front of me to remind me about it.

I'm writing here otherwise we flood the IC thread again. ^_^

Cindy acted out of combat with blast #1 which missed thanks to Xandra's stunt.

Then we JB.

Then Xandra acted (Speed 6) and Pearl acted (Guard/Defend Other?)

I'd assume that it's now up to Cindy to act, going with blast #2.

Otherwise I don't see anymore the chronological order of our posts and I haven't yet understood whether Cindy threw blast #1 or not. oO

Anyway, Cindy is aiming at Pearl.

Core Pag 182.

I didn't even ask the ST if the Jade Bracers allow MY simple charm to go from Speed 6 to Speed 5.

Not that it will change my life...

EDIT: Core sez they reduce the speed ratings of my attacks, so it should apply.

xarvh said:
Core Pag 182.
I didn't even ask the ST if the Jade Bracers allow MY simple charm to go from Speed 6 to Speed 5.

Not that it will change my life...

EDIT: Core sez they reduce the speed ratings of my attacks, so it should apply.
Mhmm! They do.

Cavitation effects are fucking impressive, but the real king is still the mantis shrimp.

So, does our little Lintha get toasted or does she manage to save her bacon somehow?

In theory she may be able to survive even if badly injuried, Pearl is Heroic and should be able to survive the expected 4L of damage, assuming she can't soak L damage.

I am thinking that there'd be two things that would stop Cindy: either Xandra appearing as Anathema, Cindy would go more "WTF!?" than "Die Anathema!" OR Rei going all Compassion and physically attacking Cindy, she would hesitate to retaliate against another Dynast.

In alternative some Deus Ex to beat the crap out of her, that works too. O_O

Xandra can on tick 3 too, Sherwood. Maybe she can save Pearl's bacon. If Xandra isn't in a place to do so, then she's going to take that damage. Maybe she should change her name to Bacon.

Alright.

So, 4 lethal? She'll still be alive and in the fight.

What? Beat you up using deux ex machina? Never. That's just a mechanism for when writers paint themselves in a corner and need a way to fix the plot. Pearl's a NPC and can be toasted, it's getting the group cohesion to work that I'm trying to figure out.

Xandra spent her action activating a Charm, and won't be able to act until tick 6. But, I'll get to freak out that Pearl got singed, and then go totemic and announce to the world that a Solar is in the area.

So what tick are we on? I don't want to be holding things up if everyone is waiting for me.

Sherwood said:
So what tick are we on? I don't want to be holding things up if everyone is waiting for me.
it is tick 5, and Pearl moved to get the bow and arrow.

Does the tick system even work in the forums? Or, more importantly, do you like using it?

Usually the ST keeps tabs by posting often the battlewheel:

Guard: Rei

3 Xandra

5 Pearl

6 Cindy

(I made numbers up)

You can also record DV penalties right to each name.

Xarvh, just so you know, Xandra is shooting at you.

Gunslinger_Finished_by_mbreitweiser.jpg

Usually you declare it like

Cindy, Tick 4, Speed 5, DV -1

Then follow with the full mechanical action declaration.

You still didn't tell me how much damage did Pearl take.

xarvh said:
Usually you declare it like
Cindy, Tick 4, Speed 5, DV -1

Then follow with the full mechanical action declaration.

You still didn't tell me how much damage did Pearl take.
Why would you need to know that? You can probably guess, but I didn't expect you to ask. You said your fireball had 4L behind it, right?

My fireball had 11L plus extra suxx in it, far more than what burns some clothes.

The expected lethal levels of damage that it should finally deal on an unarmored target is 4, which means that Pearl would be at -2 penalty, but still alive.

Since this is the most powerful attack of my character and deals more damage than a sword, it cheapens my character and weakens the suspension of belief to see that it does no damage worth of note.

In short, the ST intervention to save two main characters feels too strong, as rules are applied in an obviously different way, killing any drama the situation may have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back