[Blight!] Tominic Through the Pipes [OOC]

Not being a native to Bastion or even this nation, I doubt Custodian of Unity is welcome to a Tripartite meeting.

I wouldn't mind to group the party quickly.

CFS is just preparing to make a formal appearance.

He may not arrive there, or leave soon.

Thousand Diamond Echo's is off to the sounded like a relatively public Tripartite meeting on the grounds that she only recently showed up in the city and hasn't been given any assignments yet, if only because they aren't really sure what to do with her yet, I'm thinking, if that sounds ok.

Two posts up. One of them introducing the Blight Skiff! Hooray, your own Nebuchadnezzar. But you can name it whatever you want when you get it, I didn't wanna take away the fun of naming your own vessel away from you all. It doesn't have to be a name proper either, some cryptic call number or designation is always good too. But that will be later.

I promise it will be less dudes talking soon, just gotta get the ball rolling into your court.

About style... Shall we narrate in the past or in the present?

I'm kinda making a bit of a mess. :mrgreen:

I kinda go back and forth myself. :oops:

I usually prefer present, with past tense being used if you want to fill in what you were doing while others posted. Just keep it internally consistent. I won't pop a blood vessel if your tenses are messed up, as long as you promise to give me the same grace.

LOL, yeah, I don't think we're here to leap at each other's throat, but at least maybe kinda agree on a more or less sorta guideline can be useful. :mrgreen:

Present it is then. ^^

BTW, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, requests etc. please feel free to PM me. If you want to chat on AIM, I'm never on but I can usually hop on at a moment's notice if you PM asking me too (unless I am at work, and even then sometimes). The story is as much yours as it is mine, and I know I am not a master ST, so I don't have any pride to bruise if you want something different. I don't think anyone has any problems or doubts yet, I just like to put that out there.

Let's start and see how this develops. ^^

Uh, BTW, I'll have sporadic computer access for the next two weeks, if need be the ST can play my char.

huzzah!! at long last I have posted! I also needed a bit of time to consider what I was going to say - I do not often play social characters so I will frequently spend a day contemplating what Im going to do/say.

Crap! I didnt see the second post you made for the crowd ST, can you please handwave it away or would you perfer I edit my post?

Shit, sorry. I wasn't sure if you were waiting for a post, so I just went for it. Rolled back the post.

So is that a performance based action? When he says "you" is he addressing the Jurashite or the crowd? Do you have a specific Emotion or Compulsion or Intimacy you wanted to go for? Or are you just rolling to roll?

magnificentmomo said:
Shit, sorry. I wasn't sure if you were waiting for a post, so I just went for it. Rolled back the post.
So is that a performance based action? When he says "you" is he addressing the Jurashite or the crowd? Do you have a specific Emotion or Compulsion or Intimacy you wanted to go for? Or are you just rolling to roll?
Ah, I should have been a bit more specific in my description and/or OOC block.

I am addressing the crowd of populat first with the Jurashite second, I am primarily trying to tamp down any negative Emotions or Intimacies he may be instilling and reinforcing a positive Intimacy towards Autochthon as such things have a way of growing with a life of their own once started.

S'all good. If you are just trying to counter his effects on the crowd without any direct effect on him then you don't need to roll or blow motes. Assume success. I'll reply when I get home from grocery shopping; I hate doing IC posts on my smart phone.

Man, everytime I hear about someone with high clarity, I always get the urge to throw books on game theory at them....

Yeah, Clarity is weird.

Granted, even without Clarity Bastion wasn't a people person.

edit: what are your personal feelings on clarity? Other than the impetus to throw books.

I personally try and interpret it broadly, because emotions are the important parts of characters IMO.

Ok, Honestly? I think the idea is interesting, but the general application and view of it is crap.

I've seen it described as two ways. First is an abandonment of Emotions for Pure Logic, and the second one is to become more in tune with how the Autobot thinks. Thing is, neither of those descriptions fit how I've seen Clarity commonly used as. For the Logic thing, its, well, Look, even if you don't feel emotions, its not like its that hard to understand the basics. You might not know why to people fall in love, but you should damned will know what will happen if you start poking at one of them, not get surprised when the other one gets mad. Done right that wouldn't be so bad, but mostly I've seen it used as an excuse to give people an idiot ball in dealing with people. I mean, it's a bloody city. Exactly how many people live inside it to give it data to be able to understand this stuff, even without prying into private areas?

For the in tune with the Autobot thing... Look. if the Big A sucked that much on being able to understand people in general, how the hell did he manage to work with everyone else long enough to beat all his kin up? Strange, alien patterns that we find hard to understand and can find us likewise, sure. Emotions are unlogical and therefor we can't predicate these humans even though we have huge amounts of data available just by paying attention to our innards? It just makes me twitch. Clarity should make you think like something that isn't really mortal, not like a vulcan with an idiot ball.

(This is all in general, not anything specific to what we have in this game.)

In specific to this game, its looking like Bastion got distracted with her project and didn't notice people getting that nervous/curious about it till the Tripartite said "Hey, what the hell are you up to that your diverting stuff to and then not telling us anything?" Or at least that's my running theory on how a city would miss having the ruling council get annoyed enough to basically call her on the public carpet.

Edit - And yah, she is so not a people exalted. Her issues seem to come from being, to be blunt, a nerd, rather then anything else.

MrSerious said:
Hmm, I see the rabble in the square being assigned shifts on our voyage into the deep reaches.
I saw the refugee population being larger still than the Reaches teams. The Sovans have regular work through your patronage. Everyone else is working more in a day laborer fashion: hope to get picked, but all work is temporary. So you might get picked for one expedition, then not get another for weeks if your unlucky. There is already one team out currently, so these people haven't been making the cut, nor have they been selected for factory work.

While not perfect, I like to think Data from Star Trek the Next Generation is a good example of high clarity. He is supremely aware of emotions, but has a hard time with them himself. Some writers handle him better than others.

High clarity Alchemicals still have Virtues and memories, eidolon and personal. So it is more a distancing from parts of the human condition. More big picture, usually to match their scale, though you can have high clarity Champions and collosi.

Also, the last part of the compass has some really interesting insight into the way Auto thinks.

Back to work for me now though. I'll copy some of the new auto info when I get home.

"Far more radically, Autochthon heavily modified his own fetich, excising the deva’s free will and grafting

the resultant lobotomized thought processor directly into the centrality of Autochthonia. He did this in the

Time of Glory after giving the Jadeborn purpose for the third time, realizing he needed better understanding

of how his creations thought. The resultant artifact-organ is the Godhead itself, a place where Autochthon

can artificially think outside of his own limits (at reduced competency), enabling more nuanced tactics and

meaningful communication with lesser beings"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back