• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

rusticyawn said:
it's been pretty quiet here lately. what's up with everybody? :x
I died.

school year is ending/ I'm graduating from highschool and I've been super busy and focused on other things

sorry

Pashpu said:
I died.
school year is ending/ I'm graduating from highschool and I've been super busy and focused on other things

sorry
it's np, pash. :-) sorry to hear you've been so busy, though!

Scrapmaster said:
*checks this RP's pulse*
Fucking hell...

*Defibrilates*
yeah... (・_・ヾ

i think everyone on one side is sort of waiting for @VioletShadow, but she's said she's a bit preoccupied atm... on our side, we're sort of waiting for @NeverBetter, who still might still be on fire, and/or @SuperiorKunivas, i suppose, if they'd like to post again, but we'd still really need NB at some point.

i know violet will probably be good for it when she has the time, and NB has said he's not in a good place atm, and everyone has said some variant of being busy, so the thread seems to be more on hiatus at this point. hopefully things will revive themselves once everyone's in a better place! may is usually a busy time, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
rusticyawn said:
i know violet will probably be good for it when she has the time, and NB has said he's not in a good place atm, and everyone has said some variant of being busy, so the thread seems to be more on hiatus at this point. hopefully things will revive themselves once everyone's in a better place! may is usually a busy time, anyway.
Yeah :/

*Continues checking for pulse*

*flat-lines*

Fuck.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]SHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH
YUFFIE WILL MAKE IT ALL BETTER

IF JON SNOW CAN COME BACK SO CAN THIS GAME

HECK YEAH! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

and sorry for the wait!

[/QUOTE]

sorry about the wait - my reply has actually been ready, i was just having internet problems when i was trying to post it yesterday and i eventually just had to concede to sleep since it was showing no signs of improvements. > :|

Alright, so...

I apologize for my lack of involvement as of late, this is poor hosting of an RP, and completely unprofessional. However, I've got a rather large reason for this.

I must preface this with that the news is not of a good breed. I don't desire empathy or help or anything other than understanding for my lack of action as of late.

Alright, so, last November I had ended up in a very serious car accident. Both cars were totaled, and I was found at-fault for the accident. The car I was in was insured, however, I am not, meaning that I don't technically have any insurance to cover this accident from my own end. As it is my fault, bu the standard of the insurance companies and state, I am liable for all payments that are not covered by the insurance on the car. This covers up to 10K USD for the car itself, and 15K for injury on anyone involved in the crash (Myself included, however, I was lucky and did not need any further treatments). The other driver was driving a 2012 sedan worth over 20K USD, odds are that I will have to pay at least 7K USD on the car(price is unsure as they are still working out the details on said costs), as they're scrapping it to see how much it's worth as well, and this was the estimate those I know in the car world are able to give me. Mind you, since approximately April of 2014, I have had a herniated disk that has inhibited my ability to work, and I have no savings basically. I have about 2K USD saved up total from family members and friends giving me cash for birthdays or other such events, that's it.

Recently, we were informed the other driver sustained serious bodily harm as a result of the accident, culminating in up to +30K USD in medical fees. I am unsure how much of this was covered by her insurance, were she insured at all/if it is the total after coverage. The insurance on the car covers up to 15K USD in medical fees, and, as a result, she may be coming after me with over 10K in just medical costs alone, should she choose to press on me for this as well. Odds are that even if I were to take out a loan, I would never pay it back, and bankruptcy would be the better of two options, despite how bad it looks on credit. As a result, I've been struggling with severe depression and I have lost my touch at writing as well as a result. I cannot put the same passion into my words as I believe you all are deserving of, and the writing itself is dreary and uninteresting. I have been slacking off on multiple responsibilities in favor of trying to get in as much time as I can enjoying the few things that get my mind off of the subject. In fact, just yesterday I finished a Kanto Living Pokedex. But as time goes on, my own conscience is eating at me for not informing my lovely players why my writing has been so erratic, to say the least.

So, I figured it was sort of time to spill the beans. I want to continue this game, but I've also noticed a severe drop in activity from other players and it's disheartening. So. I want to hear from my community: Do you want to continue? Or should I begin planning the next idea I had? I apologize for being so grim, and for my absence, but I am here now. Even if my own heart isn't in it right now, I want to do you lot justice. I want to keep it going. So. What do you say?

oh, @NeverBetter. :-( that really is awful, man. your absence is certainly understandable, and your dedication to us here is honestly remarkable. i'm sorry you've been having this trouble - i just... honestly can't even imagine it. personally, if you're at a point where maintaining this roleplay would be more of a burden, it wouldn't bother me if you wanted to drop it. these are extraordinary circumstances, and tbh, i would totally understand if that's what you wanted to do. it just wouldn't feel right to ask you to keep on just outta obligation, y'know?

i can only speak for myself, but if you're still up for it at the end of the day, i'd like to keep on. i, uhm, feel like i say as much a lot, but i really like and admire everyone here a lot. we're all pretty different, but i've really come to appreciate everything everyone has contributed here in ways i never really considered. i feel like in the past, roleplaying has felt like more of a... contest to me? with people just competing to be more interesting or to have a longer post count and not really collaborating at all, and things dying quickly and uneventfully because of it. i think this is the first roleplay i've been in a long time where we've had actually had a chance to focus on the adventure and the excitement and drama and everything i got into roleplaying to experience! i just, really like of y'all. and i'd really love to see things through, if it's feasible, because of that.

i always get so sappy augh on a lighter note, @VioletShadow says she'll be likely be back after this weekend, and i think with her, we'd be able to get things back to normal, if that's what we want to do. but yeah! just... again, @NeverBetter i just really hope things get to a better place with you. and regardless of what things come down to, thank you for starting this roleplay for us all in the first place. it's really been fun. :-)

rusticyawn said:
oh, @NeverBetter. :-( that really is awful, man. your absence is certainly understandable, and your dedication to us here is honestly remarkable. i'm sorry you've been having this trouble - i just... honestly can't even imagine it. personally, if you're at a point where maintaining this roleplay would be more of a burden, it wouldn't bother me if you wanted to drop it. these are extraordinary circumstances, and tbh, i would totally understand if that's what you wanted to do. it just wouldn't feel right to ask you to keep on just outta obligation, y'know?
i can only speak for myself, but if you're still up for it at the end of the day, i'd like to keep on. i, uhm, feel like i say as much a lot, but i really like and admire everyone here a lot. we're all pretty different, but i've really come to appreciate everything everyone has contributed here in ways i never really considered. i feel like in the past, roleplaying has felt like more of a... contest to me? with people just competing to be more interesting or to have a longer post count and not really collaborating at all, and things dying quickly and uneventfully because of it. i think this is the first roleplay i've been in a long time where we've had actually had a chance to focus on the adventure and the excitement and drama and everything i got into roleplaying to experience! i just, really like of y'all. and i'd really love to see things through, if it's feasible, because of that.

i always get so sappy augh on a lighter note, @VioletShadow says she'll be likely be back after this weekend, and i think with her, we'd be able to get things back to normal, if that's what we want to do. but yeah! just... again, @NeverBetter i just really hope things get to a better place with you. and regardless of what things come down to, thank you for starting this roleplay for us all in the first place. it's really been fun. :-)
I don't want to punish you lot for my own failings, I want to continue,

NeverBetter said:
I don't want to punish you lot for my own failings, I want to continue,
like, realistically though, your mental health should come first, man. for all the positive things i mentioned i feel like i got out of this roleplay, i couldn't live with any of them coming at the cost of your wellbeing, y'know? like, i do have sort of a selfish expectation for a long-term GM to tough it out through minor stuff, but the problems your having obviously run pretty deep. in the end, i think you should prioritize your own mental health above your duty to us. if it would help you to stay and spend energy in up-keeping things here, then by all means, but if further maintenance would just be another weight dragging you down right now, it really wouldn't feel right to have you stay.

like, seriously, you've went above and beyond the call already in regards to getting us this far. we'll do what we can for you, no matter what you decide. do what you do next for your own sake, please!

Fine.

*insert thanos i'l do it myself gif here*

Jokes aside.

Course I wanna continue this. not like I got any important RPs to focus on and I need my RP fix. and the others in RPn don't cut it too much :P

Also kunivas needs to get on with the Rp he is making. (which I am co-hosting...)

We're all having plenty of problems, I am having to deal with dating now lol :P so yeah.

I've disappeared lately as well, and I'm sorry. Between dealing with rl stuff, and being stuck in a place in the rp where my character is waiting on others to react to her actions, It's been rather hard to keep up with this one. I've been reading most of the IC in my free time, and I want to eventually introduce a new character but this simply doesn't seem like the right time. In short, I do want to keep going, but as Scrap pointed out, peeps prolly have a lot to deal with atm. Mid may is tough for peeps in school, which seem to make up most of this rp. Perhaps an official hiatus is in order until more people, NB included, can get things sorted out. Just letting ya guys know I'm still here and willing to play, and wishing you well @NeverBetter, that really does suck and I hope everything works out.

rusticyawn said:
like, realistically though, your mental health should come first, man. for all the positive things i mentioned i feel like i got out of this roleplay, i couldn't live with any of them coming at the cost of your wellbeing, y'know? like, i do have sort of a selfish expectation for a long-term GM to tough it out through minor stuff, but the problems your having obviously run pretty deep. in the end, i think you should prioritize your own mental health above your duty to us. if it would help you to stay and spend energy in up-keeping things here, then by all means, but if further maintenance would just be another weight dragging you down right now, it really wouldn't feel right to have you stay.
like, seriously, you've went above and beyond the call already in regards to getting us this far. we'll do what we can for you, no matter what you decide. do what you do next for your own sake, please!
I'm ready to handle it again, for the most part.

DergTheDergon said:
I've disappeared lately as well, and I'm sorry. Between dealing with rl stuff, and being stuck in a place in the rp where my character is waiting on others to react to her actions, It's been rather hard to keep up with this one. I've been reading most of the IC in my free time, and I want to eventually introduce a new character but this simply doesn't seem like the right time. In short, I do want to keep going, but as Scrap pointed out, peeps prolly have a lot to deal with atm. Mid may is tough for peeps in school, which seem to make up most of this rp. Perhaps an official hiatus is in order until more people, NB included, can get things sorted out. Just letting ya guys know I'm still here and willing to play, and wishing you well @NeverBetter, that really does suck and I hope everything works out.
If multiple players agree, we can suspend till about July 5th, which is when school lets out for summer over here.

continuation is always best case scenario

But HIATUS is also good idea, especially since it will give you time to recuperate, get back in touch with that writing passion I know is inside you.

I vote for that, but should we decide to continue from now, I won't be heartbroken, rather, will be excited to get back into it!

*hides 18 thread commitment that are real reason for hiatus vote under rug*

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]continuation is always best case scenario
But HIATUS is also good idea, especially since it will give you time to recuperate, get back in touch with that writing passion I know is inside you.

I vote for that, but should we decide to continue from now, I won't be heartbroken, rather, will be excited to get back into it!

*hides 18 thread commitment that are real reason for hiatus vote under rug*

[/QUOTE]
Oooooooooh a 18 thread? color me interested now xD

Is it in RPN?

I say we COULD do a hiatus but how'd we explain what our characters were doing in the meantime? timeskip? training? work? Research in Xicor's case? xD

If we did a timeskip I could customize the hell out of Xicor's mechs and Suit. He does have Technomancy now...

alright! :> i'm also fine either way on a perspective hiatus.

and a short timeskip sounds like fun! we're all in a good place to do one and it'd be really interesting to see what everyone's characters gets into in the meantime.

IF Xicor shows up with a heavily modified mech, shoulder cannons, plasma gloves, laser rifles and a protective shield.

He was hard at work. And none of you were there to receive any tech other than Somrene. Who is a true bro. Who is free to grab any tech Xicor made :P

You all lost the opportunity of a lifetime xD

Scrapmaster said:
Oooooooooh a 18 thread? color me interested now xD
Is it in RPN?

I say we COULD do a hiatus but how'd we explain what our characters were doing in the meantime? timeskip? training? work? Research in Xicor's case? xD

If we did a timeskip I could customize the hell out of Xicor's mechs and Suit. He does have Technomancy now...
It's that GoT/ASOIAF site I never stop talking about. It's a site wide game, where you thread with one character at a time for like 5-unlimited posts and then the thread is over but the event still happened for both characters and the setting as a whole.

I'd love to have you on Scrap if you've watched the show/read the books/both! I had Silver on for a bit but she dropped (understandably)

6I9Jwfc.jpg

I know we're all busy but this is just ridiculous now -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back