• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Beauty of the Heart

Rhys followed him to the counter and smiled a little when his father attempted the signs. Most people didn't, but he felt happy that the man had tried. "Nice to meet you too, sir." He signed, starting to speak as well. He found it was easier for most hearing people. Plus, he had years of speech therapy and he just had a strange accent.

Devan looked up when Venir spoke. "Um...I guess not." He mumbled quietly, although he was unsure if Venir was actually talking to him or not.

Zen: I grin as father smiles, *what would you like to drink," I asked Rhys, speaking aloud for the benefit of my father.

"Sir is a little formal," his father says, double checking he had enough cups.

Venir: "What do you wonder about?" I look at him.

Rhys wasn't sure what he wanted. Although he was then at a loss for what to call his father. He didn't have Zen's last name or anything. "I'm feeling adventurous, why don't you pick for me?" He signed to Zen. For a moment he forgot to speak. It was sort of hard to remember sometimes.

Devan looked down at the question. "When I'm going to finally stop moving." He mumbled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhys nodded a bit. It sounded like it could be good to him.

Devan found himself blushing just a little bit and he looked down to try and hide it. "I hope we'll stay here too." Even if it wasn't just for Venir, he was part of the reason.

Zen: "Two please," I tell father.

"Alright," father goes about making the drinks.

*Let's sit down,* I sign to Rhys.

Venir: "Do you have any plans today? If you don't I could show you around town, or something." being nonchalant it hard when you're trying to be nonchalant.

"Okay." Rhys followed him, although he still looked around at some of the things in the store. It was some really cool stuff.

Devan didn't know what to say for a moment. "Um, no. I don't have plans." He said. He was surprised to find that he wanted to spend more time with Venir.

Zen: *A lot of this stuff is just for show, some it was actually useful once upon a time. See anything you like?*

Venir: "Cool, there are a lot of fun places around. or I could give you a tour of the school."

Rhys smiled a bit as he went to looking at everything. "It's all really cool." He told him. "I tend to like things that do absolutely nothing." He added.

"Um, either is fine." Devan said after a moment. He was going to have to see both the rest of town and the school at some point anyway.

Zen: I try to find a way to say we sold some tesela orbs as new age paper weights. The best I can come up with is *We have a color dragging clock.* dragging was the closest thing to dragon in my limited dictionary,

Venir: "Okay, cool, we can start at the school and then work our way around town. I'll show you all the good places."

Rhys tried to understand what he was saying, but it just left him confused. "I'm sorry. A what?" He didn't want to be rude, but he really did want to understand.

Devan nodded just a little bit. "I, um, I think I should take Brutus home first." Besides, it wasn't good to keep him out all day.

Zen: I expected that, *D-r-a-g-o-n, I don't know the word.* That was the first sentence I ever learned, I don't know the word

Venir: "Okay, no problem,"

"Oh." Rhys smiled a little bit and showed him the sign. He figured that would happen eventually.

Devan smiled a little bit. He was actually sort of excited to see everything and it felt weird.

Zen: *Thanks," I commit the sign to memory, *We have a dragon clock.*

Venir: "Do you want to run home and meet at the school or should I walk with you?"

"You're welcome." Rhys smiled a little bit. "That's so cool."

"Um, you...you can walk with me." Devan said quietly. He didn't know where the school was yet.

"It still sounds cool." Rhys signed. He liked weird things like that.

Devan had slowly finished his drink. He stood up and took hold of Brutus's leash again.

Rhys smiled a bit. Then he showed Zen the sign for paper weight.

"I'm glad it's nice today." Devan said. There were times when he liked rain and times when he didn't.

Zen: I try not to blush and fail rather miserably, it's always good to learn though. *thanks*

Venir: "I like foggy mornings, but today isn't hot or cold which is cool."

((Sorry...I thought I got back to this...))

Rhys smiled a bit. "You're welcome." He signed. "I know learning sign can be confusing."

Devan had never thought about fog like that. "I guess I never thought about that before. I like it when it rains though."

Rhys smiled more. "Other languages will always be an issue for me." He told Zen. The whole 'not hearing them' was an issue.

Devan smiled a bit. "I guess I never thought about it that way. I just sort of see every rainy day like a new beginning."

Zen: *True, but you could learn other languages in sign language. You could learn how to sign in french."

Venir: "Yeah, new flowers and and trees and stuff. And mud, lots of mud and worms on the sidewalk."

Rhys smiled. "French sign language is easy." He told him. "It's the closest to ASL, I already know it. And British sign language."

Devan nodded. "I like it all but the mud." He said. "Brutus likes the mud though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back