• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jaydude jaydude Oh! And I forgot another question that I wanted to ask: each of our Playbooks has a unique Fighting/Combat Technique, right? For example, Icon has Wall of Perfection. Well, if we don't choose that unique Technique at the start, how is it gained later? Find another Master-level person of that Playbook and convince them to teach you? I imagine that might be easy for some Playbooks and a real pain for others. It's got me thinking that maybe I should hold off on Ice Claws and pick up Wall of Perfection now as I imagine Waterbending Masters are probably easier to find than a Master of my character's Playbook (if that's the way the game goes).

Also, you are aware of my dislike of RP Nation's Dice Roller. Could I ask you to roll physical dice for my character during play, please? I don't mind if those dice wind up unlucky; I'd rather suffer bad luck and perhaps lose a character of mine as a result from real dice than this kooky algorithm the Dice Roller uses.

jaydude jaydude Oh! And I forgot another question that I wanted to ask: each of our Playbooks has a unique Fighting/Combat Technique, right? For example, Icon has Wall of Perfection. Well, if we don't choose that unique Technique at the start, how is it gained later? Find another Master-level person of that Playbook and convince them to teach you? I imagine that might be easy for some Playbooks and a real pain for others. It's got me thinking that maybe I should hold off on Ice Claws and pick up Wall of Perfection now as I imagine Waterbending Masters are probably easier to find than a Master of my character's Playbook (if that's the way the game goes).
The game doesn't actually mention any way of picking it up later. That said, whether or not you start with it in some form, I am prepared to let you learn Wall of Perfection in the normal manner; find a master and convince them to train you.

In this case, you'd have to find a waterbending master. Playbooks aren't assigned to NPC's, and you're presumably looking to use your bending for the technique.

Also, you are aware of my dislike of RP Nation's Dice Roller. Could I ask you to roll physical dice for my character during play, please? I don't mind if those dice wind up unlucky; I'd rather suffer bad luck and perhaps lose a character of mine as a result from real dice than this kooky algorithm the Dice Roller uses.
I don't have any physical dice on me. I can certainly use another online dice roller though, if your main concern is avoiding the one here.

Oh actually, re this: any suggestions for Li Bao's origin location? Right now it's just somewhere I found on the wiki that'd been conquered by the Fire Nation, but it makes sense that he'd be near somewhere near Tongdao, but that's been taken or at least already in conflict with the Fire Nation pretty recently. Would it work to be Baju?
jaydude jaydude I think this must have got lost somewhere in everything - any thoughts?

I'm still here by the way, guys! Just been with a new job and its kept me a bit busy. But thanks to Wandering Owl I've been able to get my mind on a new character concept.

As such, I am thinking of going for technology. Making a ninja with the prodigy playbook. But I'm not sure yet of which side they were on before they joined the group.

I don't have any physical dice on me. I can certainly use another online dice roller though, if your main concern is avoiding the one here.
Would you, please?

And as for real dice, I'd gladly mail you some Avatar Legends dice except I can't imagine you have the equivalent of an American P.O. Box (a secured Post Office box that doesn't include your Real Life address because the Internet is the Internet if you follow my meaning). =)

Also, for anyone wanting a giggle, I love one of the reviewers who refers to dice as, "the clicky clacky shiny math rocks." Hah! 8D

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm still here by the way, guys! Just been with a new job and its kept me a bit busy. But thanks to Wandering Owl I've been able to get my mind on a new character concept.

As such, I am thinking of going for technology. Making a ninja with the prodigy playbook. But I'm not sure yet of which side they were on before they joined the group.
Heya, good to see you around.

With regards to your character concept, this certainly works. I have to admit, I'm kinda leaning towards having them be Fire Nation, if only so that Liu Bing has a friendly fellow defector within the group. Perhaps they could even help the others get out of their cell, using their prodigal skills to help pick the locks. It's totally up to you what you do, of course.

Heya, good to see you around.

With regards to your character concept, this certainly works. I have to admit, I'm kinda leaning towards having them be Fire Nation, if only so that Liu Bing has a friendly fellow defector within the group. Perhaps they could even help the others get out of their cell, using their prodigal skills to help pick the locks. It's totally up to you what you do, of course.

That sounds pretty good with me, actually. Don't want to leave Liu Bing high and dry. And I think a familiar face will help them stick all the better to this new path.

What are some things a fire nation ninja might be ordered to do? Something that would be fitting of our themes and tone.

What are some things a fire nation ninja might be ordered to do? Something that would be fitting of our themes and tone.
Probably break into Earth Kingdom places to scout and steal things, if we're keeping to the 'no killing' rule.

Probably break into Earth Kingdom places to scout and steal things, if we're keeping to the 'no killing' rule.
Maybe that's linked to why they defected? Like while they were spying on the Earth Kingdom they began to realise that these were normal innocent people and that the Fire Nation propaganda was wrong

Perhaps they witnessed other Fire Nation members (maybe their direct superiors?) doing things to the Earth Kingdom prisoners that went entirely against what the PCs believed and were fighting for? Perhaps they came upon irrefutable proof in the form of first-hand knowledge that they were being lied to by people they trusted with their lives?

No killing would be an easy one to keep. And like Owl said. Could be the reason why they defected.

Few scenarios

1. The prodigy, while having done plenty of spying and stealing, his team was being ordered on increasingly more aggressive jobs, they were then given a task to assassinate an Earth Kingdom official. They obeyed, getting close enough to them to deliver a killing blow but he could not go through with the act. Letting the target get away. His team, who he did not recognize anymore, captured him there, sending him back pending trial.

2. While spying, he learned the information he was trying to gather would result in the deaths of innocent people by an attack that could have been a great victory. So he sent back wrong information to spare them. This treasonous act landed him dishonored and in prison.

3. As Dannigan suggested. A spy and thief for the fire nation, he learned of a nefarious plot by his superiors that he could not condone. He sabotaged the plan, but was caught in the process.

No killing would be an easy one to keep. And like Owl said. Could be the reason why they defected.

Few scenarios

1. The prodigy, while having done plenty of spying and stealing, his team was being ordered on increasingly more aggressive jobs, they were then given a task to assassinate an Earth Kingdom official. They obeyed, getting close enough to them to deliver a killing blow but he could not go through with the act. Letting the target get away. His team, who he did not recognize anymore, captured him there, sending him back pending trial.

2. While spying, he learned the information he was trying to gather would result in the deaths of innocent people by an attack that could have been a great victory. So he sent back wrong information to spare them. This treasonous act landed him dishonored and in prison.

3. As Dannigan suggested. A spy and thief for the fire nation, he learned of a nefarious plot by his superiors that he could not condone. He sabotaged the plan, but was caught in the process.
The inciting incident involves us learning about a big planned Fire Nation attack, right? Would it make sense to link it into that somehow?

Yeah! What if (my favorite two words in fantasy and roleplaying!) D. Rex's Character was somehow partially responsible for putting together that scroll that's gotten us into so much hot water with the Fire Nation (pardon the pun)?

Are we? I kind of like that rule.
It's basically "don't have characters who are comfortable with solving all of their problems by killing someone." and "If someone does die, it has to be a significant occasion in the story, as is largely the case in the source material".

Yeah! What if (my favorite two words in fantasy and roleplaying!) D. Rex's Character was somehow partially responsible for putting together that scroll that's gotten us into so much hot water with the Fire Nation (pardon the pun)?
I am most certainly onboard with this idea. And not just because it might save me some work. I like to encourage creativity from everyone else.

It's basically "don't have characters who are comfortable with solving all of their problems by killing someone." and "If someone does die, it has to be a significant occasion in the story, as is largely the case in the source material".

I am most certainly onboard with this idea. And not just because it might save me some work. I like to encourage creativity from everyone else.
I'm certainly down for this idea. How could I get my ninja be factored in to this?

D. Rex D. Rex Perhaps your ninja assisted with gathering some of the information that made it into the scroll? To be a little more precise, maybe your character helped with map-making, information concerning tactics and people involved, troop numbers, or whatever elements are in the scroll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back