• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Purr Purr D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Wandering Owl Wandering Owl

Hey all. Assuming you're all still up for this, I'm looking to get this game started around this time tomorrow. I'll try and get an IC post up then.

D. Rex D. Rex , I think it might be quicker if we start without you, and allow your character to join the game later once they're complete. Assuming you're cool with that, of course.

I'm good with starting. Looking forward to seeing what this system and game has to offer.

Hey! Everyone save D. is on! Hey everybody!

D. Rex D. Rex Perhaps your ninja assisted with gathering some of the information that made it into the scroll? To be a little more precise, maybe your character helped with map-making, information concerning tactics and people involved, troop numbers,

Purr Purr D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Wandering Owl Wandering Owl

Hey all. Assuming you're all still up for this, I'm looking to get this game started around this time tomorrow. I'll try and get an IC post up then.

D. Rex D. Rex , I think it might be quicker if we start without you, and allow your character to join the game later once they're complete. Assuming you're cool with that, of course.

Sure, I'm good with that.

Ooh, that reminds me, I gotta finalise the bonds on the sheet before I start writing!
Purr Purr I remember mentioning Bamboo could be Li Bao's ward - I could also see Liu Bing filling that role depending on how open she is to healing initially Sherwood Sherwood
For the "capable without my help" role, I could definitely see O-Ren fitting Psychie Psychie or Liu Bing if she's more closed off.
Suggestions welcome - happy to help fill connections you guys have too!

jaydude jaydude What does Han look like? How old is he? What is he dressed in, and so forth? How did we discover he is an Earthbender?

Basically, besides what you wrote, what else do we know about him?

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl Sure! Whatever helps you flesh out your character, I'm willing to try! I don't know Bamboo as well as I'd like yet, but I really like Foundation upgraded for him oh, and that's part of the fun of role-playing!

If I can think of something that requires someone else's help, I'll keep all of you in mind!

Come to think of it, how old are we again? The Bamboo I have in my head right now is about 15 years old.

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl Psychie Psychie Is this O.K. with you?

Connections: (Two of these, each determined by your Playbook.)
  • O-Ren Ichi seems to not fully understand what it means that I’m the icon of my tradition…and I kind of like feeling free around them.
  • Li Bao makes me feel better about my responsibilities and my burden with a smile and a few kind words.

Last edited:
What does Han look like? How old is he? What is he dressed in, and so forth? How did we discover he is an Earthbender?
He's a young man, no more than twenty years old. His features are typical Earth Kingdom; green eyes, slightly dark complexion and black hair, which goes down to his neck. In terms of clothing, it's pretty much just dark-green light outdoor gear; thick enough to protect from cold and the like, but easy to fight and move around in. And I envisioned that you'd all know he was an Earthbender from seeing him fight during the escape.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood , I've gotten an updated version of your playbook's character sheet, and it comes with a selection of six past mistakes to choose from, in case you're still having trouble deciding:
  • I tried to subjugate or dominate a group or place
  • I betrayed a person or group who trusted me in a vital moment
  • I destroyed someone trying to save me from myself or my masters
  • I delivered an innocent into the clutches of my masters
  • I badly injured someone in an accident or moment of weakness
  • I trained someone younger than me using the same awful methods

Man, some of those are harsh! Good "RP food" too!

I think I'll go with this one.

That got me arrested and thrown in the clink with the rest of the group.

I think I'll go with this one.

...ahem...you have to pick four of those mistakes.

(Non-awkward translation: Your character has a fair bit of shit to make up for.)

Oh, four? Ok. I can do that. Do you need them on my character sheet, or just let you know what they are?

Ok, here are the four I picked out.

Oh, four? Ok. I can do that. Do you need them on my character sheet, or just let you know what they are?
I think it would be easier for you to put them on the sheet, just so I can check back on them more easily when they become relevant.

Ok, here are the four I picked out.
Neat.

...ahem...you have to pick four of those mistakes.

Dang! Sherwood's character be causiin' troubllle! =) Gives a guy the impression that Liu doesn't do anything halfheartedly! =)

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I think I'm now on "Bamboo 3.0." I still don't know who it is I'm playing and Jaydude is helping me figure that out.

This is probably no huge surprise to dear Sherwood or Psychie; you two know how much I put into my characters. Trying to create a long-term character that fits in this universe and game system I'm still new to is proving to be a challenge. =)

jaydude jaydude And with curiosity comes more questions along with a disclaimer: I know I've already asked no small amount of questions here; if that's getting on anyone's nerves, let me know and I'll move future questions to Conversation. On the other hand, if folks are enjoying my expressions of curiosity, then terrific!

1. Are Han and Luhan (from the Inciting Incident on the Characters page) the same person or are they different characters altogether?

2. We are allowed one Master-level Technique and one Learned, right? Each of our Playbooks comes with a Mastered Technique we can choose. For this latest Bamboo concept, I'm thinking of swapping Ice Claws for the Icon's Fighting Technique; Wall of Perfection; I think it would fit him better and provide a stronger reason for Bamboo to be Li Bao's Ward.

3. I'd also like to put his additional Statistic from Passion into Focus? Are these changes allowable?

4. Now, if we choose the Playbook Fighting Technique, then we get it at Mastered-level and whatever second Technique we choose must therefore be at the Learned level?

5. On our Character Sheets, under History, I have the following question: • What token of your burden and tradition do you always carry? Could this be a special holy book kept in some protective, maybe metal, container (Bamboo is a Waterbender and most books and water just don't get along!)? Like a combination of his monastery's teachings, a map of the world as his mother knows it (complete with names, notes, and places you'd like us to go), along with a journal to add additional notes to (Bamboo would like to make a translated copy of the scroll we've got)? Having this would keep Bamboo along his monastic path, too.

6. How long were our characters in this Fire Nation prison together? Just how long have we known each other? Do we know each other's names?

Last edited:
1. Are Han and Luhan (from the Inciting Incident on the Characters page) the same person or are they different characters altogether?
Oh yeah, they are the same person. I decided to change the name because I noticed that Ichi's monastery has the same name as the character.

2. We are allowed one Master-level Technique and one Learned, right? Each of our Playbooks comes with a Mastered Technique we can choose. For this latest Bamboo concept, I'm thinking of swapping Ice Claws for the Icon's Fighting Technique; Wall of Perfection; I think it would fit him better and provide a stronger reason for Bamboo to be Li Bao's Ward.

3. I'd also like to put his additional Statistic from Passion into Focus? Are these changes allowable?

4. Now, if we choose the Playbook Fighting Technique, then we get it at Mastered-level and whatever second Technique we choose must therefore be at the Learned level?

5. On our Character Sheets, under History, I have the following question: • What token of your burden and tradition do you always carry? Could this be a special holy book kept in some protective, maybe metal, container (Bamboo is a Waterbender and most books and water just don't get along!)? Like a combination of his monastery's teachings, a map of the world as his mother knows it (complete with names, notes, and places you'd like us to go), along with a journal to add additional notes to (Bamboo would like to make a translated copy of the scroll we've got)? Having this would keep Bamboo along his monastic path, too.
Yes to all of these.

6. How long were our characters in this Fire Nation prison together? Just how long have we known each other? Do we know each other's names?
That's really all up to you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back