[Astrum: Heavens] The Galactic Cantina

Frixz said:
Is it bad my entire race/lore is going to be revolving around the pun "Loan Shark?"
No not really, but it dose bring up the thought of were dose the line draw between the Furry Fandom and Sci-Fi... Hmmmm, Vulcans are elves...

Freeman said:
No not really, but it dose bring up the thought of were dose the line draw between the Furry Fandom and Sci-Fi... Hmmmm, Vulcans are elves...
Kzin are total furries!!!!! :eek:

[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]Kzin are total furries!!!!! :eek:

[/QUOTE]
The Kzinti were made before the furry fandom was made ><

[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]Or the furry fandom was made because the Kzinti were made? Eh? Eh? ;)

[/QUOTE]
Okay, they are cats I admit that. But you know what I want to see a fandom for this mofo.

Pierson%27s_Puppeteer_illustration_from_Barlowe%27s_Guide_to_Extraterrestrials.jpg

Woot got some of my race done! I suspect it needs much work but it's a start. owo Any and all suggestions will be welcome.

The idea really came around because I wanted to see a threatening bestial looking race but be involved in like, high finances. Then I wanted an aquatic race so my ships and tech could all be aquarium ish. As in filled with water becuase they don't have tech for long term land breathing.

And sharks are just awesome alpha predators!

But I do see the concern. It took forever to find a dang shark person that wasn't of of some anime or had hair or huge and I mean ridiculousy large boobs -_- why would they need them?!

Frixz said:
The idea really came around because I wanted to see a threatening bestial looking race but be involved in like, high finances. Then I wanted an aquatic race so my ships and tech could all be aquarium ish. As in filled with water becuase they don't have tech for long term land breathing.
And sharks are just awesome alpha predators!

But I do see the concern. It took forever to find a dang shark person that wasn't of of some anime or had hair or huge and I mean ridiculousy large boobs -_- why would they need them?!
Well I am sure thats not the only thing you found of it, but thats for a discussion on 4chan not here really.

[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]I wonder which predators would win- Kzin or the Salechim.. :cool:

[/QUOTE]
In space, they will be destroyed by superiority, on land their hearts will be feasted on by our greatest Warriors. As for under the sea, the Jotoki know no bounds in the deep.

Freeman said:
In space, they will be destroyed by superiority, on land they harts will be feasted on to our greatest Warriors. As for under the sea, the Jotoki know no bounds in the deep.
Indeed, but the Jotoki are hardly predators, especially the tame slaves of the Kzin.

[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]Indeed, but the Jotoki are hardly predators, especially the tame slaves of the Kzin.

[/QUOTE]
Well slaves now, yes, shell armor as hard as steel yes. Possible robotic control priceless.

A shark would win in the water against a cat. 90% of the cats would be too afraid to go in! And I'm sure we could flop around on land and crush some with the flopping....

Frixz said:
A shark would win in the water against a cat. 90% of the cats would be too afraid to go in! And I'm sure we could flop around on land and crush some with the flopping....
Hmmm, well I always did want to know what boiled shark would taste like

Can someone help me with my races culture? I'm having a terrible block.....;~; I feel like an idiot.....

ERM like putting my ideas into a coherent paragraph. I have an idea of what I want I'm just terrible at explaining things. :'(

Well, make a list of what you want your nation to have and what you want it to be in bullet point style. Then we can go from there!

Frixz said:
First page of the hyper capitalistic Shark people is done! Any feedback would be appreciated.!!!
I think I just came back from Spoiler city! :P There's only need for spoilers, in the case of large/multiple images- But it works, so you don't have to remove them.. I'm just paranoid of spoilers, because of how much time I've had to spend, fighting their seemingly random bugginess after posting/editing threads. :confused:

soulpelt said:
ERM like putting my ideas into a coherent paragraph. I have an idea of what I want I'm just terrible at explaining things. :'(
In my opinion, the best way to go about writing the culture of a nation- Is to approach it from the view point of your race as a species. Your's for instance, are arachnids and obviously insectoid in nature, so try to think about the living habits and routines of insects and then think about how those might apply, to a futuristic civilization. It's also good to write their history first and then look at it for how your race handled things in their past, as it's the history, that molds a nation culturally. Then just add in religion(s), morals, believes etc.. etc..

Frixz said:
First page of the hyper capitalistic Shark people is done! Any feedback would be appreciated.!!!
[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]I think I just came back from Spoiler city! :P There's only need for spoilers, in the case of large/multiple images- But it works, so you don't have to remove them.. I'm just paranoid of spoilers, because of how much time I've had to spend, fighting their seemingly random bugginess after posting/editing threads. :confused:

[/QUOTE]
Well I think its more of a problem with XenForo's main code that cause a lot of problems. I personally like IPboard but there little bit bland as compared to what goes on in this site. XenForo pretty but buggy, IPbored operational, but ugly as sin if you don't know what your doing.

soulpelt said:
My opinion fill out the major details, like apperince, and history, before you start doing culture, since a culture might arise form your history. (at least it dose for me, but I have a general idea that just gets expanded on) And its not like that it has to be perfect or completely unique. I mean I am playing Nivin's Kzinti but there more like Klingons in the end, just furry. If your having a block, find some inspiration.

B..b...buh.... But I like spoiler boxes! I don't like that wall of text and using spoilers is more like an actual book to me. Not sure why.

Also! What about the substance in the spoilers!? Does it all look good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back