• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Rebirth of Razgriz OOC Discussion

Whisker Whisker SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman

To prevent a stagnation of posting I think it'd be a good idea to make a posting order for us all to follow.

So here's two options for us:

1) A rigid order which is followed to the T

2) A general guideline for when posting is acceptable so nobody is left waiting on anyone else.

Which would you guys prefer?
Yeah, I'd say 2. Since the first one can get into gridlock.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Whisker Whisker SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Okay then. 2nd option it is.

So from now on, here is a general set of guidelines for posting etiquette within this RP to help prevent gridlock and stagnation:

1) If your character has the opportunity to engage another character, or in some meaningful way has the opportunity to move time forward even if it's only a few minutes IC, you are allowed and encouraged to post.

2) If you are posting for a conversation which is taking place between only your character and one other player-controlled character, the two of you may continue posting until the conversation is either concluded or has led them to a situation where a third (or more) individual has been added into the mix.

3) If you are waiting for someone but they do not reply within 48 hours, you are allowed to post again to push your character forward in time and you also have my permission as GM to drag the other player's character along with you (so long as you don't take direct control of their actions) to help keep their character in a position which allows them to be engaged when they come back to post later.

- So let's say Kasumi and Amelia were in conversation, and Amelia was not posted for in 48+ hours since my last post. The following example would be acceptable for me to write in order to keep things moving between both women: Kasumi noticed that Johan had called to her, gesturing for her and Amelia to join him. After a few minutes to finish their conversation, the two women met with Johan who informed them that their flight lead, Charlie, had called them together for a meeting.

- In that same instance, this would not be acceptable: Kasumi noticed that Johan had called to her, gesturing for her and Amelia to join him. Kasumi waved to him, and Amelia mouthed the words "okay, okay," before they both stood up and walked over to his position. They were then informed that their flight lead, Charlie, had called them together for a meeting.

- It's a small difference but you can see how the first example I implied Amelia's actions leaving everything open for Amelia to react to later on in Commissar's reply instead of directly controlling her and taking the right of reaction away from him as I did in the second example where I made her actually do something specific which he would not be able to write out later.

Does that make sense? Implication of motion, action, or compliance is fine. Direct control of their actions is not.

-------------------------------------------------​

So those are my three guidelines for posting in the RP as of now. If you guys think of anything else, please do share it and I'll add it to this list.

Does it all make sense or do you think a few tweaks could be in order?

I'm also good with it. I'll probably be posting tomorrow then.

So I got my next rough draft post done and there are no shameless AC 5 references in it whatsoever. Lmao. :D

I'll be getting my post up tomorrow hopefully before work. If not, afterward.

ChoShadow ChoShadow I apologize for the extreme tardiness of my character sheet. Anyways I await to hear from you about my character sheet.

I like it save for one detail: his call sign.

"Reaper" is a very, very common call sign/nickname/alias used in far too many RP's these days, so I'd like you to come up with something more original and more true to who he is rather than a "passed down from father to son" call sign like Reaper.

If you can do that, I'll approve the profile and you'll be good to post as soon as you're ready. If you need some help, just ask.

sorry about the gap in my posting I'll leave a reminder on my computer about the rp

I like it save for one detail: his call sign.

"Reaper" is a very, very common call sign/nickname/alias used in far too many RP's these days, so I'd like you to come up with something more original and more true to who he is rather than a "passed down from father to son" call sign like Reaper.

If you can do that, I'll approve the profile and you'll be good to post as soon as you're ready. If you need some help, just ask.
I don't mind changing it. However, I don't have anything in mind right now. So I am thinking that I won't be using a call sign until later. Maybe the squad can give him a call sign. If that is fine with you I will change my cs to match.

I don't mind changing it. However, I don't have anything in mind right now. So I am thinking that I won't be using a call sign until later. Maybe the squad can give him a call sign. If that is fine with you I will change my cs to match.

That's fine. Call signs are often given by peers in the military once the individual in question has done something identifiable (most commonly a mistake/screw up of some kind).

ChoShadow ChoShadow My cs is changed up now. Just waiting for your approval.

I also wanted to add, based from where the story is right now, where I think the best time for Leon to enter the fray. My idea is that he belongs to another squad sent up just before manticore( could even add that the squad sees Leon's squad take off before manticore). Anyways, around the same time manticore is engaged chimera(Leon's squad) is also engaged. After the fighting is over with only Leon(chimera 2) left alive with the rest of the squad KIA. He is then sent to reinforce manticore as he is the closest to do so.

Now that it just an idea. If you don't like it, want to change it a bit, or have something else in mind I am fine with whatever. This was just an idea I could use to introduce Leon to the story since I am late to the show.

Last edited:
I got a day off tomorrow and just got off work. I'll probably write my bit tomorrow. For now, I'm going to bed.

ChoShadow ChoShadow My cs is changed up now. Just waiting for your approval.

I also wanted to add, based from where the story is right now, where I think the best time for Leon to enter the fray. My idea is that he belongs to another squad sent up just before manticore( could even add that the squad sees Leon's squad take off before manticore). Anyways, around the same time manticore is engaged chimera(Leon's squad) is also engaged. After the fighting is over with only Leon(chimera 2) is left alive with the rest of the squad KIA. He is then sent to reinforce manticore as he is the closest to do so.

Now that it just an idea. If you don't like it, want to change it a bit, or have something else in mind I am fine with whatever. This was just an idea I could use to introduce Leon to the story since I am late to the show.

I think that idea works rather well actually, so let's roll with it.

You're good to post, and I think Kasumi will have the perfect call sign ready and waiting for him once he joins Manticore.

I think that idea works rather well actually, so let's roll with it.

You're good to post, and I think Kasumi will have the perfect call sign ready and waiting for him once he joins Manticore.
Sounds good. I look forward to hearing the callsign she will have for him.

Last edited:
I know it's kind of dead in here, but I just re-finished playing through the whole AC series and I gotta say that the 2 minutes of peace before you fight the SOLG is one of the best moments in the whole series. Damn. I almost teared up.

I know it's kind of dead in here, but I just re-finished playing through the whole AC series and I gotta say that the 2 minutes of peace before you fight the SOLG is one of the best moments in the whole series. Damn. I almost teared up.

Right?

Especially when you are playing on Ace Difficulty, Edge's request to fly as your wingman "one last time" really gets me.

Right?

Especially when you are playing on Ace Difficulty, Edge's request to fly as your wingman "one last time" really gets me.

That and the Captain Snow speech and you're just cruising in formation into the dawn. Just Grade - A feelz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back