• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Different Kind of Madoka Magica RP

Karcen said:
Time ones would be funny
Yeah, I could see people suddenly aging (maybe even backwards) in the area, or plants suddenly aging and dying, or even time slowing down a bit.

be91fbfdccde3e6c449a285723345222.jpg

Ay, take as much time as you need. Nobody can be on here 24/7 (I mean, as a college student, I should never criticize anyone about not responding).

EssentPon said:
Using her crossbow, Kyari shot at the three familiars. 1%. Small magic. Nothing special about shooting arrows. Now summoning two extra crossbows, however.... 6% Kyari began to shoot with all three crossbows at the Nightmare. 12%
"Keep going!"

Assuming you can cleanse your gems in a Nightmare's barrier, she cleansed her gem, causing the area outside to start growing ferns. The staff of the hospital can clean that up. If not, then I'll edit this part out.
You can. It just affects the area immediately outside the barrier, as you said.

Karcen said:
Man magic accumulates fast if a few arrows can double it
I'm going to let people use their judgement on how much magic accumulates for what magic use, as it'd be too complicated to write up an entire table of what attack = how much darkness for everyone's character. I will, however, offer you this:

• 1 magical girl taking on a Nightmare that isn't fully formed yet, or several magical girls tag-teaming a Nightmare = about 20%
  • 1 magical girl taking on your average Nightmare = about 30-40%
  • 1 magical girl taking on a tougher Nightmare (think Oktavia and how hard it was for the girls to defeat her) = about 50-60%
  • Any amount of magical girls taking on a nigh-unbeatable Nightmare (Walpurgisnacht-scale) = about 80% or more

We need to plot some if there's going to be a roleplay after we all converge on this Nightmare. Anyone have any ideas on how the plot could move along after we defeat it?

Here are my ideas:

• We find something interesting that the Incubator seems to wish we hadn't found: a schematic drawing of a Dream Seed, a tattered copy of Faust full of strange marginalia, a stray Soul Gem without an owner, or something like that.
  • The discharge of magic causes something harmful to happen to the hospital, changing public perception of magical girls, and/or causes a permanent alteration to one or more of the girls' bodies that makes it hard for them to function.
  • Something brings back memories of when the girls were in the previous universe - and of a mysterious magical girl named Shu Li.
  • Multiple of these, so everyone can get a share of the plot.

Well, it's known that they exist to some people, in the same way people "know" that there are UFOs in our world. Only here, magical girls are undoubtedly real. Most people just think they're a fantasy people made up, but a bunch of magical girls did just cruise through a hospital, weapons out and transformed.

If magical girls were to do something significant, like discharge magic from their Soul Gem in a destructive or strange way, people would start seeing them less as heroes and more as anomalies (which they are).

i am not sure who my character would be in a previous timeline though likely she would have never contracted as her wish would create a paradox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back