A Court of Kings

"Very well at the moment. Very good wine, good friends, and good wine." Victor told her smiling, quite drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Okaaay." Katherine said, assessing the situation and realizing the kings predicament. Kat walked closer to him, snatching the bottle of liquor from his hands and taking a few sips for herself. Katherine had not drank anything all night in attempts to be responsible. But if the king was allowed, so was she. "Maybe I ought to confiscate this." She said, smirking as she realized the drinks deliciousness.

"Well there's more inside, feel free." The king said with a smile, "come back inside, enjoy the evening"

Katherine contemplated it, biting her bottom lip. She sighed, nodding her head. "I guess I've had enough time alone." Kat said, a small smile on her face. "Lead the way, your majesty." She says, linking arms with him and pointing onward... A little tipsy.

Victor walked in to see the diplomat from Duphonte. "Atticus!" he called.

Atticus smiled but stopped at the sight of Victors pink cheeks. He never could hold his liquor, he thought as he sighed. He bowed, "King Victor, Milady Katherine. My lord, you mustn't drink so recklessly." Atticus' hands where folded in front of him.

Atticus flinched at his tone, "he appeared during the ceremony your majesty."

Last edited by a moderator:
Katherine smiled, before looking down at the floor. She assumed they were speaking of royal business, and she felt out of her place to get involved. Instead, she just continued on drinking wine. 
[Got to go to bed.. Nice meeting you guys :) ]

"Of course," Atticus responded, "but your majesty please leave the liquor to your guests, you've had enough."

After observing his share of the festivities Baldur saw that Victor had found his way back to his throne with Atticus at his side. He decided to join them.

He noticed the king staring intently at a guest. He followed his gaze... The gentleman from Duphonte?!

He felt a cold chill run down his spine. It would make perfect sense for an attempted assassination to occur during a time like this. Baldur slowly put his arms behind his back; his right hand moving to his scythe. Not due to habit this time, but due to intent. He may have just been overly paranoid he thought to himself.

As he bent his knees slightly he remembered more of his grandfathers wisdom. Always be aware of your surroundings...

Genevieve witnessed this scene with a goblet of wine to her lips. "She has overdone herself. I shall not be so quick."

Cassie, afraid of what may occur, walked casually into the throne room. People were drunk from wine. Cassie was one of the few left with no liquor in her system. She walked through the crowd of tipsy, drunken guests and noticed the man from before. Having courage, she went up to him to dance.

Katherine noticed the urgency of the issue, so she decided to make her way back to her father and his rambunctious friends. Upon arriving at the table, she sat herself down politely. However, Kat continued to drink in order to dull the disturbing way the group around her tried to test the water of her affection.

"Baldur, I don't trust the bastard." King Victor said as he casually sipped his wine. He had a slight suspicion that this man was up to some form of treachery.

Atticus strained to hear their conversation but didn't dare to intrude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back