2.1 - Back to Greyfalls [The Will of the Yozis]

You dodged

Jakow dances away as the Stinger hits nothing but air, and the wasp buzzes angrily.

-------------------------------------------------------

1 - Lizard Behemoth / Yatagir

3 - Jakow / Garan

5 - Wasp behemoth

Yatagir, you're up.

In the absence of Yatagir, I'll just have the lizard behemoth go. QuicksilverFox can jump in with Yatagir's turn whenever she wants.

The lizard

The fae creature upon the lizard's back leans backwards in his saddle and laughs loudly, "Ha ha! Waspatox has failed again. The great Zilldoga shall smite the interloper, proving again his superiority! None can challenge his awesome might.

With a single swipe of his silver claws, he shall rends the foolish inquirer in twain, splitting him from shoulder to hip in a spray of gore and intestines!

The massive lizard proceeds to attempt exactly that, silver claws flashing in the red-hued daylight as they arc towards Jakow at an impossible rate of speed.

-----------------------------------

For those of you out there running EDS; a fae extra action charm was just activated.

Same principles about stunts / charms being required to defend.

Attack 1: 1d10=3, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=7, 1d10=1, 1d10=3, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=8, 1d10=3 = 6 successes

Attack 2: 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=4, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=5, 1d10=1, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=6, 1d10=7, 1d10=2= 8 successes

Attack 3: 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=8, 1d10=8, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=6 = 9 successes

--------------

Sorry to get back so late on this, but just to clarify, my DDV would cancel the first attack out if I stunted it and I'd have to 'Who Strikes the Wind' for the other two since that's my charm activation? I'm happy to do it, but if I can save the 3 motes for the first I'd like to be able to. Getting expensive :P

Sorry, I got distracted and missed this post.

Short answer, that's fine, this time. I'll write up a longer explanation later. Do note that you recovered 2m for your successful defensive stunt of the Wasp behemoth's attack.

Garan checks his stride for just a moment, then dives into the fray, running directly towards the gigantic lizard. His heart is pounding in his chest as his feet pound the street, but he rides the crest of fear- if he's fast enough, it can't catch him.

Both the lizard, and the fear.

It looms over him, a towering giant against an ant- but he can see it for what it is, a mere figment compared to the perfet order of his Essence.

That doesn't stop it being terrifying.

Yet still he runs alongside the terror, towards the beast- beneath the beast, a plane of force shearing from his mind to catch the beast in the soft flesh behind its talons, cutting through precisely where its armour is weakest. As he outruns his fear, he finds the calm within himself to angle it exactly where it's needed, to destroy this agent of chaos with the minimum effort necessary. The third eye blossoms on his forehead as his essence acts to make it just so.

--------------

First SWLiHN Excellency for 5 dice there, on top of Will+Occult, a total of 12d, but -3 for flurrying it with a Dash action.

7 successes.

Time seemed to slow around Jakow as the claws headed for him and the Scourge could see not one, but three different attacks coming his way. Curses and amusement spread through his mind as he saw around the trick; one single narrated swipe to the fae did not translate into Creation the same and he thanked his studies in Malfeas for this gem of wisdom. As he saw the story narrate itself in front of him, he smiled and poofed into red wind again, denying the Raksha its story as he felt the supernatural ecstacy only Adorjan and her students enjoyed, flayed as a gust trickling through the claws of a foe.

He made his own tale, not these jokers.

The instant later when the claws swiped and retracted, Jakow was carrying himself on the back of the paw, his shadow now anchored to the lizard like some hideous rubbery insect. The smile turned to toothy daggers as his grin spread, and the cat-eyes under his hat gleamed in excitement. It was his turn now, and he had a little tale to teach the rider....

---------------

To sum, since this was narrated as a single swipe I tried to keep with that theme despite there being 3 actual attacks. Dodged one, used perfects for the other 2. Hoping to be able to use the stunt of slipping through the claws to actually attach myself to the beast. If that's all good, I'm going to go after the rider with my turn (which happily is next!).

----------------------------------------------------

That's fine (and stunt 2 for mote / wp recovery). And you're up.

Also, Morkais, Garan hit. Roll ping damage.

Jakow

Running down the length of the beast's arm, Jakow let out a crazy laugh, cackling like a madman as he skittered to the rider on the beast's shoulders. Feeling the wind rip past him at increasing speeds he let out a loud growl as he rushed the final distance to make head-on contact with the rider.... and veered at the last second past him on the way down the creature's back, covering the fae-rider in his shadow-tentacles, letting them wrap around his limbs, head and riding gear. It was only when he had skittered a few meters away that the Scourge stopped the reel on his shadow and willed them to pull.... HARD.

------------------

So, that's a fly-by, covering in shadow, using the shadow in a grapple (which will hopefully work) to dislodge the rider and hopefully toss him/it screaming into the streets below. Dex+MA+Stunt 1: 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=1, 1d10=6, 1d10=2, 1d10=10, 1d10=5 = 5 suxx on clinch roll.

Also, my apologies for the pause between posts. It's my exam season and time often gets away on me.

The fae rider

The Raksha upon the beasts back gives a strange and semi-surprised look at Jakow as the infernal speeds towards him. He does not seem to understand that you'd attack *him* and not the beast.

At the last moment, he dances out of the way of the tendrils, and then stomps his foot upon the beast's back. "No, no, no. Not me, silly, that's against the rules. Zilldoga! No cheating!" He points insistently at the behemoth upon whose back he stands.

------------------

He dodges. 5 is not enough unfortunately.

Waspatox

The fae riding the massive wasp smiles as the infernals concentrate upon the Lizard. His smile momentarily fades as Jakow assaults the rider, but he quickly recovers himself. "Death to the rule breakers! Waspatox, battle form!" The fae pauses for a second, as no change occurs in the massive wasp. He blinks, and then continues, slightly more sheepishly "Oh, yes, you're already in battle form. Ahem. Well, STAB HIM REALLY HARD!" The wasp bears down on Jakow, it's massive stinger once more aimed at the Infernal.

Zilldoga

The massive lizard roars in both defiance and pain as Garan's cut nicks its leg. The fae riding in shouts in a booming voice, "What is this? Another gnat that dares to attack the mighty and unstoppable Zilldoga? He shall be crushed underfoot by the inexorable Zilldoga's massive feet and claws! None can stand against his grandeur!"

The giant monstrosity proceeds to attempt to squash Garan beneath his feat, and swings its massive tail at him as well.

------------------------

Waspatox, aiming at Jakow - (Charm enhanced action, extra damage charm being used) - 1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=3, 1d10=7, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=2, 1d10=9 = 13 successes

Zilldoga, aiming at Garan (Another flurry charm) -

Attack one (stomp)- 1d10=8, 1d10=4, 1d10=8, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=4, 1d10=6, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=6, 1d10=6, 1d10=7 = 9 successes

Attack two (stomp) - 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=2, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=9, 1d10=2, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=9, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=9, 1d10=5, 1d10=9, 1d10=1, 1d10=1 = 10 successes

Attack three (tail lash) - url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3076813/]1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=7, 1d10=7, 1d10=4, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=3, 1d10=10, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=4, 1d10=2, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=4[/url] = 11 successes

It occurs to me I should have updated the tick list.

1 - Yatagir (Whenever you happen to come back, feel free to make appropriate attacks.)

8 - Jakow / Garan

10 - Wasp behemoth

11 - Lizard behemoth (1 Agg HL)

You guys are up again. (Also, successful Stunt 2 for Jakow's defense, and Stunt 2 for Garan's attack (since he hit). Unfortunately, Jakow's awesome stunt 2 attack missed. Take your appropriate mote / wp regen)

Jakow

Never halting his moving down the spine of the lizard, Jakow cursed silently to himself as his tentacles failed to connect. He mused about the fact that he'd managed to anger both riders and took it as a good sign that they disapproved of him attacking them directly. Feeling the lizard shift and trample under him, the rider calling out curses to another attacker (and he smiled at the thought of it being another local Chosen, though he assumed it to be one of his fellows) he repositioned himself by skittering under the tail and resuming his charge, re-directed to the lizard rider again.

Then, the wasp came down for an attack and Jakow got his dagger-smile again. As the stinger came down to pierce him, he simply gusted up the shaft of it and bypassed the attack entirely. The split-second later as the stinger pulled away and the Scourge was this time running up the front of the wasp's body, even as it began to fly high above once more. Skittering up and over to the back of the wasp, he moved towards the rider and paused his rush. With a smile, he planted his shadow-body in front of the rider and shot several of its tentacles out to grasp the rider.

------------------------------

So that's a who strikes the wind on the attack, using the attack and hopefully being able to stunt moving from the lizard to the wasp. Going to do another tentacle-clinch attempt but on this fellow this time.

Dex+MA+Stunt 1 = 11

Note: going to post this now as is, but the die roller isn't up and working for some reason. Will check back later and post a roll if it's up. Alternatively, feel free to do it if you need to move things along!

Edit: added in roll: 1d10=3, 1d10=1, 1d10=1, 1d10=10, 1d10=6, 1d10=8, 1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d10=10, 1d10=9, 1d10=3 = 6 suxx

Garan

Garan realises his mistake as the beast's foot first comes down- his Essence still sings, moving his body and mind in the crystalline simplicity of She Who Lives in Her Name, and there's no time to realign it to another pattern. All he can do is fall further into the dance of the spheres, tendrils of invisible mental force springing out to deflect each of the beast's limbs as it swings towards him, his body aligning to pass between them- as long as his mind-hands deflect them far enough...

As he slips between the beast's limbs, he takes fire, a storm of green and white flame bursting from his flesh to light up the air with the light of Hell. For a moment the fire obscures him from view with a blinding flash, and then it clears into a flickering cloud of white with arms of ephemeral green fire reaching forth, tipped with spikes and claws- and stranger things, halfway between a claw and a tool.

And in the centre of it, Garan is resplendent.

A third eye burns on his forehead, a tongue of green flame reaching out- but all else about him is colourless, clear. As his pounding feet take him from beneath the monster, the sunlight glints from his crystal features, the faceted hinging at his joints... and his wings.

He leaps into the air, diamond pinions beating, and turns a wide loop to face the airborne invader. His face seems still, but with each beat of his wings, his face changes slightly, shading from panic to determination.

Then a spear of mental force lashes out to slice into the Raksha riding the wasp-behemoth, unravelling the lie of its existence. Garan whispers to himself as he flies.

"I don't believe in fairies."

-----------------

Oops.

Using 8 motes on the Pyrian Excellency for each attack; a little risky, but it looks about right; also Minimum Necessary Force...

BRR activates Wings and Tough Skin.

Attack 1: 5 successes, PDV 11

Attack 2: 4 successes, PDV 10

Attack 3: 7 successes, PDV 13

Will roll my attack as soon as I find out whether I can use Wings to move fast enough to qualify to use Who Strikes the Wind; it says flight speed is twice normal running speed, so is that OK to count for "above base move rate," or do I need to dash?

----------------------------

So, you're using the SWLiHN EX to defend, or to attack?

(If to defend, why aren't you just using her PD?)

And yes, Flight speed is fine for Who Strikes the Wind.

--------

I'm using it to defend, because I used it on an attack on my first action and my DV hadn't refreshed between then and the point where the beastie attacked me. I may have slightly forgotten how Exalted works when I did that attack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back