• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Capitalise This

Max looked at the doctor in shock and shook her head "No....no there must be some mistake, he....no he can't be dead!" She said whimpering quietly when his mother asled about their options

Noah opened his eyes only a bit when he heard Carmen's voice "I fee like what I guess death feels like.." he muttered while she dressed his wounds again.

She frowned and felt his forehead, “I would have to agree. You look like shit.” She smiled a little. “Here. Sip on this alright?” She coaxed, putting a cup near where he could sip the water through a straw.

“We don’t have to turn off the life support just yet but it will need to be turned off and there will very likely be an autopsy done to find out what caused it.” He explained to them both, “when you’re ready, just call for a nurse and we will get the process started.”

Noah sipped the water and took a deep breath "I guess....I gotta get used to.... eating and drinking huh?" He whispered as he watched her trying his best to stay awake "Hard...hard to keep...my eyes....open."

Max took a shaky breath before nodding softly "Uh...okay...thank you." She whispered before looking at his mother "You want me to call anyone for you?"

She frowned and nodded. “Go to sleep. Just for a little bit okay?” She murmuted, trying to soothe him until he was out, taking a seat. “Listen… there’s another one in room 304. Can you go see to him? I got this, if you see Callum send him my way though.” She told her.

She shook her head. “I think you’ve done quite enough…. I will permit you to be at the funeral but after that I don’t want to hear from you again. You will ship his belongings to us and that’s the last we need to communicate.” She told her a little coldly, sure that max and her drugs had had something to do with this

Catherine nodded and sighed softly as she went to check on Joseph finding Callum actually in there with him "Hey, he doing okay? Carmen sent me to check on him. She also wants to see you." She explained softly.

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod not even going to try and fight her on it. She looked over at Will and let a few tears fall before she went and kissed him goodbye, leaving soon afterwards to let his mother have privacy.

Callum nodded frowning. “Says he fucked up with one of his wards. He does keep trying to leave though so you gotta make him stay put.” He chuckled and got up, heading out

Carmen glanced over when Callum entered and frowned “Did we hear back from max yet? I’ve been so worried about her but I can’t do anything about it where I currently am.” She explained.

Callum gave her a nod "Yeah Nick finally got ahold of her. Apparently her boyfriend had a heart attack in the middle of the street, completely out of nowhere. She said she'd be at the hospital for the next few days." He explained shaking his head a bit "Looks like Joseph got sent down for interfering with another ward....my guess it was the one he was looking for yesterday."

Catherine gave a small sigh when she looked Joseph over shaking her head a bit "They'll probably fall off tomorrow, but I can tend to your other wounds. They did a number on you too."

Joe frowned and looked over at her. “Always good to see you Catherine…. I don’t want you looking after me.” He muttered. He’d been instrumental in her getting kicked out as well so he was a little concerned that she would make it worse on purpose.

She frowned and shook her head “Fuckin idiot.” She muttered, grabbing her phone and calling max herself until she picked up. “Hey… talk to me sweetheart, what’s happening with everything?” She asked her worried. She knew how much will meant to her and it was him that had convinced Carmen to take her on in the first place. “How’s he doing?”

Max sobbed down the line as she answered the phone "He's....Carmen he....oh god Carmen he's dead!" She sobbbed as she rocked back and forth on the bathroom floor.

Catherine frowned some and rolled her eyes "Listen, its been a very long time and Carmen would have my head if I deliberately hurt you. So you can chill out okay?" She muttered while she still tried to tend to the cut on his eyebrow.

He muttered about still not trusting her but allowed it. “When can I go check on my ward?” He asked. “Cause they’re gonna punish her. It wasn’t her fault but she’s being punished anyway.”

She frowned and shook her head. “Sweetheart you get your things, what hospital is it? … alright get your stuff I’m gonna have Callum come pick you up and you’re gonna come stay here for the night okay? I’m not having you all alone right now.” She told her, “City Heart. Go pick her up.” She told Callum. “Breathe sweetheart just focus on your breathing okay?” She coaxed

Catherine gave a small frown and sighed softly "Whats her name? I'll try to see we can send someone to find her." She said gently as she stitched up his eye "You need to stay here though, don't need your wings going when you're away from here."

Max whimpered and shook her head some as she took some deep breaths "It should have been me Carmen. Will was so good....he didn't...why would this happen?!" She sobbed down the line

She frowned and shook her head. “I don’t know baby but you’re gonna come here and we’re gonna take care of you okay?” She promised, staying on the phone until Callum had her and finally hung up, going to her cabinet to pull out a bottle of whiskey and start pouring.

He was about to say her name when he passed out again, our cold for the time being.

Noah groaned softly as he started coming to again. He noticed Carmen and gave a small frown "Whats wrong?" He asked quietly seeing how stressed she looked "I'm....I'm sorry I'm causing such stress.." he whispered not really rememberimg them tell him about Joseph and he had no idea about Max.

Catherine sighed heavily and got him tucked in before setting a glass of water on the night stand. She walked out and went downstairs to get herself a drink as well as some food.

She shook her head and smiled. “It’s okay. There’s just a lot going on… how’re you feeling?” She asked him gently, feeling that his fever had gone down just a little.

Callum pulled up and parked, taking max inside and frowned. “Come on, I’ll get you a room sorted… you hungry or anything?” He asked, shaking his head when Catherine went to ask what happened.

Max frowned deeply as they arrived and shook her head "No...I just....I just want to go lay down." She said quietly staying quiet when Catherine came over not wanting to discuss it again, she was thankful though when Callum asked her to leave them and took her up to the room.

Noah gave a small smile "Better with you hear." He murmured quietly before reaching out to her "I still....I can't remember anything....but I know....I know you were special to me." He told her softly

She nodded slowly. “It may come back when your body isn’t focused on surviving… try to keep resting okay?” She coaxed, changing the dressings again and sighing quietly.

He sighed heavily and took her up to a spare room. “Boss lady said if you need anything at all to go see her. She’s in her office, she’ll be up all night long… I’m sorry max.” He told her gently, giving hee arm a squeeze and left her to it.

Noah gave a small nod and took a deep breath "Can I sleep now?" He asked her quietly feeling his eyes getting really heavy from exhaustion.

Max nodded softly "Thank you." She whispered before taking a look around the room. She went to lay down and just clutched Will's jacket that she had taken close to her crying herself silently to sleep.

She nodded and frowned, letting him sleep and went to sit at her desk to order a new couch for the room with all the blood he’d got over it by this point but most of the night she spent just watching him.

By the next morning Noah was awake and still in a great deal of pain. He stared at Carmen and gave a small sigh "I'm sorry about your couch....I presume its covered in my blood now." He murmured to her looking just as pale and exhausted as the previous night.

Max woke up after sleeping maybe a total of three hours from the previous night with a heavy sigh. She went down after she freshened up a bit frowning as Callum stood by the front doors not letting her leave "Callum please move, I just....I just need some fresh air." She said hoping to sound convincing but really all she wanted was a bump to help numb her pain.

She frowned a little seeing how bad off he still seemed and nodded slowly. “Don’t think twice about it, how are you feeling?” She asked him worriedly.

He shook his head and smiled. “Absolutely not. You want fresh air you go out on the balcony with one of us. We aren’t letting this make you bad again. You’ve worked so hard to get sober.” He pointed out.

Noah sighed some "I feel like shit, my back is killing me." He said quietly before taking a deep breath "Can I move? My legs are sore from not moving." He murmured to her.

Max frowned deeply and shook her head some "I just....I want the pain and memories to just quiet down for a bit." She said quietly almost pleading by this point.

He shook his head. “Then come sit and have a drink. Talk. You’re not going outside. And you’re not gonna be able to give us the slip either.” He told her seriously.

Carmen nodded and frowned. “I’m just getting worried… I’ve never had one this bad.” She told him gently, going over and helping him try and move as carefully as possible, letting him take as much time as he needed.

Max frowned deeply but gave a small nod "I just.....it should have been me Callum. It should have been me.." she whispered before breaking down in his arms

Noah took deep and short breaths as she helped get him up "Have you...ever....had my kind...before?" He asked quietly shutting his eyes tightly in pain.

“Slow…. Slow breaths.” She told him gently, “one. A very long time ago…. He didn’t make it for other reasons.” She told him frowning. “We used to meet on this plane…. Every opportunity we got… long before the fall of my goddess.” She told him, trying to help jog his memory.

He shook his head and held her tightly, rocking her and just letting her get it out, glancing up to see Joseph coming out to get some food and sighed a little, flicking his wrist at him to send him away for now.

Max took deep breaths trying to calm down as he held her. She pulled away some and looked up at him "Why would god take him? He was a good man." She whispered to him.

Noah watched her a bit and took her hands in his "In a forest....huge oak trees...I remember the trees were so beautiful." He said softly as he closed his eyes starting to remember the scenery "You.....you wore flowy dresses..." he murmured giving a small smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back