• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Capitalise This

Max stood in her bathroom staring at her stash takimg deep breaths. She had been trying to stay clean for her boyfriend Will, but with him being gone for the weekend to visit family she was finding it even harder to not give in to temptation. It had started with pills, she'd had an injury after a car crash but soon the pills weren't enough and she had to go towards harder substances. She reached for the stash but stopped when she heard a whisper like voice tell her to stop.

Jenny helped get this guy into the club calling for Carmen as soon as she got into the main lounge space "He's fresh, found him in an alley. Something isn't right though, I don't think he's fully fallen yet." She said as she got him laid out on one of the couches.

Carmen had been talking with one of her bar staff when she heard the girl. She’d taken Jenny in a few years ago and looked after her. Back when she was still trying to earn those precious brownie points to get back home. But that fever dream was long over and now her focus has shifted to helping new fallen ones adjust. She walked over and crouched near his head frowning a little, something about him seemed so familiar but she brushed it off as he started coming around again.

Joseph had been keeping a close eye on his mark for the past few weeks, doing any and everything he could to keep her on the straight and narrow without fully intervening. He knew she was set to die in the next few days but he couldn’t bring himself to let go just yet and had been using all his spare time keeping more of a watch in her just in case there was something he could do to stop it.

Noah groaned quietly as he started coming to. He frowned deeply as he looked around not knowing where he was "Where am I? What...what happened?! Who are you?!" He asked as he started to freak out only remembering last that he was in his home in heaven and now he was most definitely not there.

Max frowned deeply and stopped herself before she got into her stash. She pulled out her phone and called Will "Hey baby.....I just wanted to call and see how you were doing." She said softly

He smiled a little and nodded. “Hey, I’m just packing my bags and I’ll be on my way home. Should get there by the morning. You been doing okay?” He asked her hopeful. He knew about the drugs and it broke his heart every time he knew she’d gone back to using.

“hey, hey steady. You’re okay, you’re down on earth, fresh meat and all that… what’s your name?” She asked, reaching a hand towards him to try and help him sit up, slowly so she didn’t startle him. “My goodness. You must’ve done some fucked up shit to get thrown out.” She mused seeing his tattoos and recognising the symbolism in each one. He’d clearly been around for a lot. And they didn’t throw his kind down just for misplacing a soul or two

Max gave a soft smile when she heard his voice and took a deep breath "I um....I'm trying really hard." She admitted quietly before she slowly peeled herself out of the restroom to go to their room. She'd been with Will for years now, before the addiction and the car crash. Yet he had still chosen to stay by her side through it all and she couldn't have been more grateful for him. He was her rock, the one person really trying to help her stay clean and right now she was really wanting to do her best to stay sober for once.

Noah frowned more as he sat up listening to her "Thrown out? No....no I must've been sent to watch someone closely or something." He said holding his head some a groaning as he felt the large knot on the back "Noah....my name is Noah.." he muttered when she asked for his name again.

She frowned and shook her head. “I don’t know what to tell you but if you don’t know why you’re here then you’ve been kicked out honey.” She told him gently, calling for one of her bartenders to grab an ice pack. “We were all in your position once. But this is a safe place for us. My names Carmen, you can stay if you like.” She told him.

“I know beautiful I know, why don’t you see if carmens got any shifts available or anything g for you to work? Take your mind off things.” He suggested, “I’ll be home before you wake up in the morning though I promise.” He told her. He knew leaving her for the weekend would be a bad idea but he hadn’t had much choice

Noah took a deep breath and thanked the woman who had brought him some ice "I....No I have to go home...I can't stay." He said quietly just still trying to wrap his head around things. His memory was fuzzy though, all he remembered was being home for a moment a few days ago and then everything went black.

Max nodded some and sighed softly "Yeah thats a good idea, I'll see you in the morning. I love you." She said quietly before hanging up the phone and dialing Carmen hoping she'd have some kind of opening tonight for her to work.

She smiled gently at him and nodded. “If you can get home then go but if you can’t… there’s warm beds here. And a safe place to stay.” She told him gently. “At least stay until your head stops hurting.” She told him before going to get her phone and answered. “Hey doll, you doing okay?” She asked, hearing the question and nodded. “Give me just a second to check the books but I’m sure an extra set of hands wouldn’t go amiss.” She told her “come on down in about half an hour alright?” She told her, watching the new guy a little closely while he stayed layed out on the couch in her VIP section.

Joe was watching carefully still when things were starting to get fuzzy, unable to help himself by this point and took himself down to earth to make sure she stayed safe. He’d told himself that he was going to keep distance and just watch. He wouldn’t intervene when the time came. That he just wanted to make sure she wasn’t alone. After all the hundreds of years watching his wards die with no one around them to care he wanted to make sure they all felt peace when their time came. He wasn’t planning to cause any chaos

Max got ready quickly and started making her way to the club. She frowned though as she got onto the street feeling like she was being watch almost. She turned to look around but shook it off when she saw nothing there and went on her way. As she arrived to the club she got signed in and put her belongings in the back.

Noah gave her a thumbs up because nodding his head would be too much with the pain he was feeling at the moment. He continued to lay on the couch and try to remember what had happened but everytime he got some kind of fuzzy glimpse the pain in his head became even worse.

she smiled as she bumped into max. “Hey sweetie, just chill for a bit alright? But out here where I can see you… got a new guy came in today and I don’t know much yet. Wanna make sure my lot are safe.” She told her, heading over to Noah again. “Hey I’m sorry to be like this but I need you to move to my office if you’re gonna need to lay down still. I’m not gonna kick you out but I’m about to open and you’re a little in the way.” She told him gently

Joe headed towards the club, sighing a little and hoping she would let him stay for once. He understood why he’d been barred. Part of him regretted being the one to throw her under the bus and get her kicked down in the first place but he was worried about the girl. “Evening Callum. She gonna let me in tonight?” He asked one of her doormen, another fallen like her. He wondered if any of the humans ever suspected anything at all.

Max gave a small nod to her and smiled a bit "Thanks for letting me come in." She murmured before going to sit at the bar and wait until they were opened for business. She'd met Carmen when she was job searching a few years ago. She'd taken her in with open arms and it had really meant a lot to her. She thought Carmen was an angel, the fact that she'd take in what she thought were homeless addicts, and give them a safe haven to fix themselves spoke volumes to her.

Noah gave a small frown and got up slowly "Show me the way I guess." He muttered but was soon swaying on his feet as he tried to follow her. He grunted as he fell to his knees the room spinning around him by this point.

Callum sighed heavily and shook his head noticing Joseph. He crossed his arms and stepped infront of the door as he approached "You that answer, why are you down here anyways? Didn't they give you a slap on the wrist for your last little outing?" He asked him

“They did… but that was an accident. This time I’m just tryna keep an eye. One of my wards hasn’t got much time left and I know she’s in there. Please. Just this once. She won’t even know I’m there.” He told him.

She frowned and tried to get him up, calling to one of her bar staff to come help her get him into her office frowning some. “He looks like he took a beating before they kicked him out. I don’t know how he doesn’t remember.” She frowned, getting him laid out on the couch in there

Callum frowned deeply but gave a heavy sigh "She's going to have my head for this.." he muttered before stepping to the side "Just make sure your face is covered and you stay in larger crowds." He muttered

Nick rushed over to help and sighed seeing he was passed out again "Something seems off about him, I dunno what, but I'm thinking he isn't some lowly angel like the rest of us were."

She nodded and sighed a little. “I think you’re right. Looks like an authority. I’ve only ever known two others like him to come down here.” She told him sighing, getting a blanket over him “shout me if you need me I’ll be in here.” She told him, going to her desk.

He nodded and thanked him, going inside and finding the girl quickly, watching from a distance, keeping an eye on all the other people around her, paying especially close attention to two particular people. One was one of carmens fallen lot which didn’t worry him but the other had a knife and was eyeing max like he was ready to pounce.

Nick gave a nod and went on his way to go start serving for the night.

Noah was up again a few hours later groaning softly. He sat up slowly and glanced around the new room he was now in. His stopped looking as his eyes landed on Carmen and sighed "What happened? How did I end up in here?"

Max was busy that night, just making sure to get all the orders to the right people. She was thankful for the busy night, kept her mind off of using for the time being. She went over to a man in the corner of the club and flashed a happy smile his way "Hi there, can I get you a drink?" She asked sweetly not seeing the knife he had out under the table at all.

She smiled at him a little, “hey there… you passed out soon as you stood up. Here…” she got up and took him a mirror, frowning some as she held it up to his face. “You’re a lot more banged up than I think you realise.” She told him gently.

Joseph was watching them still, frowning as he heard the guy muttering about money owed for a drug deal and before he knew it he was out of his seat, walking over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder and standing between them. “I’m so sorry love, I can’t find the bathroom in here, you mind directing me?” He asked her, feigning being drunk, noticing the guy behind him stand up and leave instead as several people had been drawn to look at the interaction. It was when he felt the shift in energy though that he realised he’d fucked up. He’d stopped her from dying as she was supposed to.

Noah looked in the mirror and groaned some as he saw himself "Shit....what happened to me?" He asked quietly to himself.

Max frowned deeply and felt a small sense of panic rise in her when she heard the man mutter something about drug money. She gasped quietly when another man came over putting his hand on her "Huh? Oh uh yeah right this way." She said softly before leading him to the restroom. She finished up the rest of the night and made her way home late. She gave a small smile as she got in abd saw Will's things by the door. She rushed to r
Their room and quickly got stripped down and into bed cuddlimg up close to him.

He groaned happily and pulled her in tightly. “Hey… I’m sorry, I tried to wait up but the drive was so long.” He mumbled. “You go to work tonight?” He asked her quietly, nestling his face into the top of her head.

She shook her head and frowned. “I don’t know. But maybe you should get some rest and in the morning I can help you work something out. Let me take you to one of the rooms.” She told him, staring at him and feeling that same sense of familiarity again. “Do I know you?” She asked him outright.

Max smiled softly and sighed happily "Its alright, yeah I did. Thankfully it was pretty busy." She murmured before nuzzling her nose against his gently "I love you." She said quietly before yawning.

Noah frowned and shook his head a bit "No....I don't think so." He mumbled not feeling any kind of connection towards her, but at that moment as well all he felt was pain.

He smiled and pulled her in a little tighter "I love you too... Missed you this weekend." He told her quietly, "Get some sleep beautiful, we should go get a coffee in the morning." He told her happily, drifting off for what was left of the night

Shejust nodded slowly and helped him to a spare room, "Get some rest Noah... See you in the morning." She told him gently, leaving him to it and going to her suite on the top floor to get herself settled for the night, finding herself as usual watching the stars instead of sleeping

Max nodded happily and started to drift off. She woke up happy the next morning when she felt Will's arms tighten around her. She turned over and nuzzled into his chest again sighing happily as she listened to his heart beat.

Noah woke up the next morning still feeling like shit. He got up slowly and made his way to the small bathroom in his room groaning quietly as he looked himself over again. He should have been healed by now, but that wasn't the case.

Carmen was knocking on his door, setting a mug of tea down on the side for him. “Morning, listen if you still want to head out no problem, you go do what you gotta do to get this squared up…. But if you need to you can come back.” She told him. “We aren’t bad people here. All of my lot are down here because of stupid rules that benefit no one. They’re not hardened criminals.” She told him, turning to leave.

He smiled as he woke up and stretched out a bit before pulling her in tighter. “Morning…. Now I don’t wanna scare you by making us do something t really adult but we still need a new vacuum cleaner. Thought we could go get coffee then head over and buy one… we got this nice place now and you’re starting to get a little better but by bit…. I wanna celebrate the small wins.” He encouraged,

Noah looked over at the door when he heard the knock and sighed heavily. He opened the door a few minutes later and found the tea picking it up quickly and shutting the door again. Something was telling him to trust her but another part of him was saying not to.

Max gave a small smile and nodded some "I think that sounds like a great idea." She said before kissing him gently "64 days today..." she whispered taking a deep breath "Its the longest I've been clean since everything.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back