• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Magical Ladies and gentlemen (adult magical girl/boy(s)) Out of character (invite only))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
… they’d be wishing for infinite happiness as a girl, …

just letting you know, that wish is open to 2 side effects. One they would always be a girl if they werent before, just as base form, this means they would need new forms of identification To be able to do things like drive. (Though I imagine they dont mind this and it may be what they had in mind considering what you just said)

With the whole infinite happiness thing.

im letting you know now just incase you wanna alter it because it may affect how your character acts and feels, and i dont wanna push that on you without forewarning.

they would no longer be able to feel anything except happiness Due to its overwhelming nature.
No regrets, sadness, anger, guilt. nothing unpleasant, even when they should.

and because its infinite, it would not stop. And it would only grow, and be really intense, So they could go crazy from it.

just letting you know, that wish is open to 2 side effects. One they would always be a girl if they werent before, just as base form, this means they would need new forms of identification To be able to do things like drive. (Though I imagine they dont mind this and it may be what they had in mind considering what you just said)

With the whole infinite happiness thing.

im letting you know now just incase you wanna alter it because it may affect how your character acts and feels, and i dont wanna push that on you without forewarning.

they would no longer be able to feel anything except happiness Due to its overwhelming nature.
No regrets, sadness, anger, guilt. nothing unpleasant, even when they should.

and because its infinite, it would not stop. And it would be really intense, So they could go crazy from it.
First one is a win on their part.

Second. Would the infinite happiness fully cloud up even their thinking, so they wouldn't be able to hurt anyone even if they needed to, or would they just do it sociopathically? because that sort of thing seems like it'd be pretty exaggerated. And while I'd be fine playing the infinitely happy psychopath, you seemed pretty opposed to any of the less realistic character ideas. So that might end up being less of a burden on me, and more of a burden on you.

Oh no, they would be happy to do whatever they want. Or whatever anyone else wants for that matter. They wouldnt see anything in a negative light. optimism to the extreme. They might fall in love with everything because they feel such joy from it.

tooth hurts? Yay! You get to see the dentist!
accidentally bump into someone on the way? they are the one youve been dying to meet, you could talk to them for hours even as they try to walk away!
police come, because youve been follo this guy for multiple blocks. they start hitting you with batons? Suddenly your a masochist because the blunt force trauma just feels so nice! It makes you laugh so hard!

it would be very exaggerated

Honestly go for it if you want, it may be different, but its a realistic side affect to infinatley being happy.

the only thing that worries me is how other characters may react to it, or the things that may happen to her because of it

Like she’d be happy with it, but will you?

it’d be almost sad to see someone in such a state

I mean, people hate me for being sad all the time, and roleplay is all about being someone you're not. So, It'd probably be a good valley of escapism to have indomitable happiness.

Especially if we work a corruption angle into it. Since I kinda... really like corruption storylines.

I mean, people hate me for being sad all the time, and roleplay is all about being someone you're not. So, It'd probably be a good valley of escapism to have indomitable happiness.

Especially if we work a corruption angle into it. Since I kinda... really like corruption storylines.
Loveley

In that case, remember to have their family and friends react to it. Itd be like talking to a completely different person

And if you want, have it start off slow, that way we can see the happiness build into insanity

And if you want, have it start off slow, that way we can see the happiness build into insanity
I'd like that, it'd really exemplify their corruption via the magic and hammer home the idea that getting exactly what you wished for is a bad idea, and if you want to make a wish with a magical being, Hire a lawyer.

I can just see the moment before the snap, when they realize something is wrong, but cant stop it, not even vocalizing it in time to where they no longer see it as a problem

I can just see the moment before the snap, when they realize something is wrong, but cant stop it, not even vocalizing it in time to where they no longer see it as a problem
It'd also be neat to tie that in with their power development. Like they're having to get more powerful as time goes on, but it's driving them to a point of disconnected insanity.

It'd also be neat to tie that in with their power development. Like they're having to get more powerful as time goes on, but it's driving them to a point of disconnected insanity.
Also, it would be fitting if the character had issues with depression before the wish. Because at first they wouldn’t regret their wish

Also, it would be fitting if the character had issues with depression before the wish. Because at first they wouldn’t regret their wish
Well. I've experienced myself. Dysphoria and long term depression isn't exactly the light of my life. I'd probably be pretty happy at first too.

Dang, i hope things get better for you, and actually better, not worse, like it will for your character eventually

Dang, i hope things get better for you, and actually better, not worse, like it will for your character eventually
I think I'd need a major turning point in my life in order to start rebuilding my happiness. But thanks.

I think I'd need a major turning point in my life in order to start rebuilding my happiness. But thanks.

As someone who has had depression since being a child, and has had facial disphoria, i get it. At least some of it.

hey um i have my whole character sheet finished except i’m stumped on what power would suit my character… wormie ~ do you want me to go ahead and post my character here for peer review or do you want me to send you a PM? I will warn you all, I wrote a whole novel ooof

hey um i have my whole character sheet finished except i’m stumped on what power would suit my character… wormie ~ do you want me to go ahead and post my character here for peer review or do you want me to send you a PM? I will warn you all, I wrote a whole novel ooof
I I would say, put the character sheet in a PM as a draft, then after I approve it send it here ( in a spoiler) until the character sheets thread is made

Not gonna lie. My idea for a power is very simple. I want a Brick. Someone that is tough enough to get knocked through some stuff, and strong enough to return the favor. The more stuff i can Cast “Yeetus Deletus” with the better.

Yeetus deletus- Mankinds oldest magical attack. Comprised of picking up a thing, and throwing it at another thing with the intention of deleting the latter mentioned thing.

Not gonna lie. My idea for a power is very simple. I want a Brick. Someone that is tough enough to get knocked through some stuff, and strong enough to return the favor. The more stuff i can Cast “Yeetus Deletus” with the better.

Yeetus deletus- Mankinds oldest magical attack. Comprised of picking up a thing, and throwing it at another thing with the intention of deleting the latter mentioned thing.
so superhuman strength would be a good idea, I’m thinking for the weapon, how does a vaporizing bazooka sound?

so superhuman strength would be a good idea, I’m thinking for the weapon, how does a vaporizing bazooka sound?
Im definitely a bazooka kinda guy. but im not sure Scott will be. Im working on the memories now and will have them sent to you in short order. After reading it, you may have another weapon in mind…or perhaps a more utility based object.

Though admittedly the Power and weapon are kinda irrelevant to my interest. I know what my favorite power is (brick) but i think i can happily accommodate any kind you can think up.

Im definitely a bazooka kinda guy. but im not sure Scott will be. Im working on the memories now and will have them sent to you in short order. After reading it, you may have another weapon in mind…or perhaps a more utility based object.

Though admittedly the Power and weapon are kinda irrelevant to my interest. I know what my favorite power is (brick) but i think i can happily accommodate any kind you can think up.
He could try a comically sized bowling ball or a ball and chain?

A good idea. But as my brain cranks him out, scott is looking more and more like Defensive guardian type.

Dudes wholesome AF, and Tough as nails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back