• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e: Seeking DM and Players! PbP

Junn

Easily startled.
Hello, hello! The name’s Junn, and I’m looking for a few other players as well as a Dungeon Master for a 5e game! I personally don’t mind what the game is, be it a homebrew of some kind or a pre made campaign. I have experience with D&D and consider myself to be pretty flexible as far as roles and such goes. I’d like for this to be a PLAY BY POST game only! I don’t have access to my microphone and such, so typing is all I can do. It’s what I prefer anyway.I’m thinking there will be 4-5 players, but it is up to the DM, should we find one who is interested. Anyone who is interested, either as a player or the DM, feel free to message me or post here! Thanks!

I don’t really want to make any commitment right now, but I may have time to serve as DM if need be. I have a few campaigns’ worth of experience DMing, so I think I could do good with the role. Not 100% sure if I want to participate yet though.

I don’t really want to make any commitment right now, but I may have time to serve as DM if need be. I have a few campaigns’ worth of experience DMing, so I think I could do good with the role. Not 100% sure if I want to participate yet though.
That’s completely fair! I appreciate you even considering regardless!

I might be interested, depending on some technical aspects (and of course what the campaign ends up being). Specifically:
---> Starting Level (really not into starting campaigns at 1st level)
---> Post Requirements in terms of time and length (if a campaign allows posts that are too small that is unlikely to be enjoyable for me, and if the pacing is too fast then I can't promise to be available)

To be clear my potential interest would be as a player, since I already have my own campaign that I'm DMing.

Edit: Oh and of course, the conditions above are simply the conditions for my interest. If anyone reading this would like to join but wouldn't like those conditions, or if you are a DM and would like to run a different kind of game, it's no sweat off my back. I am simply stating that if the game you want to run/participate in happens to meet the conditions above, then I am interested.

I might be interested, depending on some technical aspects (and of course what the campaign ends up being). Specifically:
---> Starting Level (really not into starting campaigns at 1st level)
---> Post Requirements in terms of time and length (if a campaign allows posts that are too small that is unlikely to be enjoyable for me, and if the pacing is too fast then I can't promise to be available)

To be clear my potential interest would be as a player, since I already have my own campaign that I'm DMing.

Edit: Oh and of course, the conditions above are simply the conditions for my interest. If anyone reading this would like to join but wouldn't like those conditions, or if you are a DM and would like to run a different kind of game, it's no sweat off my back. I am simply stating that if the game you want to run/participate in happens to meet the conditions above, then I am interested.
We’ll be starting at lvl 3 - not sure about post requirements.

Additionally, though it’s not a requirement afaik, we’d appreciate it if you played as a dragonborn, as that would help fit with the racial class system we’ve got going on in the setting.

We’ll be starting at lvl 3 - not sure about post requirements.

Additionally, though it’s not a requirement afaik, we’d appreciate it if you played as a dragonborn, as that would help fit with the racial class system we’ve got going on in the setting.

Ah you guys are joining PatriasLover PatriasLover 's campaign then? Got it. I already said I didn't want to be a part of that one so I'll be passing then.

Idea Idea

Understandable! I’m not sure what the DM for this campaign will require as far as levels and post lengths, but I personally agree that a slower-paced story with more detailed posts would be more up my own alley as well. For the campaign related to THIS thread, there is of course no request specific race or class, since we don’t have any other players yet or a for certain DM. (: Feel free to lurk and we’ll see what comes of this thread, or of course feel free to join the other campaign if you’d like to do that instead.

hey Junn Junn im running a campaighn and we need one more player would you want to join?
Thank you so much for the offer, but I’m going to have to pass on that campaign, as I don’t think I would be a good fit for the remaining slot. Best of luck! 🤞

or of course feel free to join the other campaign if you’d like to do that instead.

Thanks. If the potential for another campaign from this isn't dropped then I'll be lurking until there's more solid news.

As for the other campaign, as I just mentioned I already told them I didn't want to participate. I didn't like the setting and if I remember correctly not the plot either.

Thought you were replying to Patrias’ post - apologies

No need to apologize, mistakes happen :)

PS: It's not true for everyone, but I personally tend to quote the posts I'm responding to, and don't quote if my reply is only to the opening post.

Is this still a going concern, or did it get dropped? I do enjoy me some DnD. Would this be a PbP here on the site?

Cool. Would this be a PbP game here, or were you thinking of using Discord? I personally prefer to do the PbP here, but it is not my call.

I'm also interested, too! But I would like to know more a bit about the campaign plot first. :)

That is what I'm seeing. Let's see what details that Myrkwise has for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back