• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D&D 5e idea [closed]

estelle

BLACKJACK!
Beginnings | Story | Characters | Lore | OOC

For now, just a bunch of ideas:
  • Standard medieval fantasy, with no firearms.
  • The PCs are magistrates of the provincal duchess, with a badge, vested power, and associated responsibility.
  • Their job is to find trouble and deal with it.
  • Sometimes they get a specific task (for example, at game start), sometimes they are free to look for and choose a problem.
  • Generally low-magic, heroic fantasy (not saving the whole universe with each quest).
  • Magic users are feared and usually avoided by the common folk.
  • No tactical maps. I might make a map for general clarity, but not measuring movement precisely.
  • I don't like how Inspiration works. I'll come up with something similar to Fate Points.
  • Somehow I'll use formalized downtime.
  • Favor points: the more satisfied the duchess is with the team's work, the more favor points the team gets. You'll be able to spend those on ... favors (what a surprise!).
  • Options (voted by players once selection is over): healer's kit dependency, slow natural healing, gritty realism.
  • Divine casters are less feared and more respected than other types.
  • Limited amount of races, and less frequent ones.
Mechanical stuff:
  • starting level: 3
  • classes: all official WotC except artificer
  • 24 points to buy ability scores
  • 3 extra feats at start
  • You get your starting equipment or gold, your choice, +250 gp. You can sell your starting stuff for full price for chargen.

Last edited:
Hey! I might be interested, especially if this has some good ol politics.

Question, what classes are on/off thr table? I'm personally a fan of Paladin, but I can also go Fighter!

I would be interested. Is this using point buy for Attributes?

Hey, everyone!

I'm glad to see some interest.

Aside from artificer, everything's ok.
Fewer points than usual for buying attributes, but 3 extra feats make up for it and add extra customization.
Divine casters are less feared and more respected than other types. People do seek out clerics for healing and spiritual comfort.

What I forgot to add to the idea list is that I'm really bored with the usual races, so I'd like to choose a few less frequent ones and base the setting on them. And add a little history to each. For example: human, gith, deep gnome, lizardfolk. What do you guys think about this?

Also, I don't want to involve any other platform, RPN forum only.

So it is with 24 points for attributes and three Feats? Hmmm. That is a lot of stuff starting out, but I can find some way of making it work. lol

As far as the races go, I have an old concept of a minotaur paladin that I enjoyed playing. Would you be up for that?

If you are wanting some of the lesser used races to be the focus of this game, I could go with something like a Warforged fighter. Or I could try a Gnome. Haven't played a Gnome before.

I've never had that many Feats before. It will be very interesting to try and pick them out from the list that's out there.

I'll probably go variant Human because I'm basic. As for class...hm, Oath of the Crown, Oath of Devotion, and Oath of Redemption all fit the sort of vibe I want to go for of a noble knight sort of character. It's really just a matter of what role he'd need to fill

Another question. Since we are starting out at third level, are we getting some kind of bonus regarding our starting gear?

I am leaning more to the Gnome Cleric idea. We will need someone to keep the party alive in the face of our challenges, am I right?

Interested in playing a former thief who got recruited

So we have me playing a Paladin, Rusty pulling in some sort of Knight, Psychie has a Cleric, and Gears wanting to be some sort of Thief. Interesting arrangement of characters.

So we have me playing a Paladin, Rusty pulling in some sort of Knight, Psychie has a Cleric, and Gears wanting to be some sort of Thief. Interesting arrangement of characters.
What sort of paladin are you considering? I was gonna go for that myself but if not I can easily go Fighter!

The original idea I had for this character concept was that his tribe had been rampaging in the area, plundering what they could, when an order of knights were asked for help. They killed most of the band, but my character was a baby at the time and was spared by the leader of the knights. He was brought back to the keep where the knights were based out of, and he was raised and trained by the Order until he was able to take his own oaths to be a full fledged paladin.

I went with the Oath of Devotion for him, and now he is doing his best to try and live up to the high expectations of his fellow knights.

The original idea I had for this character concept was that his tribe had been rampaging in the area, plundering what they could, when an order of knights were asked for help. They killed most of the band, but my character was a baby at the time and was spared by the leader of the knights. He was brought back to the keep where the knights were based out of, and he was raised and trained by the Order until he was able to take his own oaths to be a full fledged paladin.

I went with the Oath of Devotion for him, and now he is doing his best to try and live up to the high expectations of his fellow knights.
Ahh okay! I'll go Fighter, then. Think I'll go for a bit od a historically accurate knight build: halberd with a longsword to act as a backup. With the extra feats I think I'll pick up Great Weapon Fighting, Sentinel, and if I'm feeling cruel, Polearm Master.

I am snagging Heavy Armor Master, Savage Attacker and Great Weapon Fighting for my three Feats.

I guess it was a good thing that I picked a cleric to play; with our two tanks up front, I'll have my hands full healing you guys up! lol

estelle estelle
I'm potentially interested, just figuring out what I want to play. As such, I had some questions to either confirm or rule out options.

1) Are you okay with the use of optional class features? One of the options I'm considering is Ranger, and the class clicks for me a bit better with the replacement features in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.
2) How do you feel about the Custom Lineage to approximate races we don't have stats for or half breeds not covered by base rules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back