• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ-ZAO-Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *Always Open*

Who should be my co-game master?

• Stonewolf18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zCrookedz

• rapjack123

• Nomination to add?

• Total voters
I'm still here! Just been swamped and all, and also not knowing what's going on in the RP at the moment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course not. The extinction of a species is very sad.

Hopefully the roleplay will continue long enough for Vali to find someone to begin the regrowth of his species.

No, they produce eggs. They also need a mate to do so, however, the physical act that many species do is not needed among the Carbuncle species. They can, it is just not needed to make more.

Did you ever watch Farscape? Or play Mass Effect. It is sort of like how the Asari or Delvians mind meld. A Carbuncle presses their gem against their mate's forehead and becomes of one mind, sharing experiences and genetic material in this way. This a very deep and intimate act and is only used to create a new Carbuncle.

About three to four days later, the Carbuncle's gem will change to a deep blue and will stay that way for weeks. When in danger, this gem can stay blue for years. When they have found a safe and quiet place, a Carbuncle will create a small egg shaped shield in front of them. Unlike normally, this shield will be visible and the same color of their gem. The process can take hours, but after some time, an egg will slowly take form within the shield.

Carbuncle eggs are very pretty and come in a wide variety of colors, some even have patterns along their surface. After a period of three months, the egg will begin to hatch, bringing forth a young Carbuncle.

Wow! thats an awsome amount of detail. The mind melding thing sounds alot like the Vulcan Mind Meld from Star Trek. Course Spock never made an egg from Mind Melding.

Mind Melding is more of an invasive procedure in that case.

In the case I am talking about it is more like fusing into one mind, to fully and completely know another person in the deepest way possible, to have shared memories. Very romantic really.

While the Vulcan Mind Meld did have its invasive applications, it is characterized by two mind becoming one inside of two separate bodies. Between two creatures like a carbunkle I will admit it is a very romantic type of relationship. So a Carbunkle could preform this with any creature? or just another carbunkle?

I've only watched so much Star Trek, any time I saw the technique, it was used to get information.

Any creature. This is also not limited to just the opposite gender. Both males and females can produce an egg.

Wow, that is seriously one of the most complex and interesting reproductive abilities I've ever heard of.

Time skip? Yes! I don't have anything else to write. Sorry DemonKitten, I haven't been getting notifications for this :/

A million apologies! Some personal business resurrected and I was forced to go missing in action on extremely short notice. Gah! But I have returned, and I have an idea on how to reintroduce my character if you are willing to hear, @DemonKitten , but I don't know if you'd want to discuss that in our own conversation or just here in the OOC thread. It's a rather simple concept, but I feel I should at least run it by you as the GM before proceeding with anything.

Go ahead, @Syrix Don't worry. We haven't ran too far ahead. I never got Ruby's message or I would of time skipped, but all is well.

I was thinking of introducing a mystery character to help Asyra through the blizzard - specifically an ice phoenix (cyro phoenix). He'd only be introduced for a short bit, for now at least, with the possibility to return later. Would that be alright? @DemonKitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back