[When Dreams End] Fitful Slumber

Everyone gets a bejeweled dagger with a glass blade (regular plain old glass), a monocle and a top hat from the Prince's armory. But is is a REALLY nice top hat :tongue:.

hellrazoromega said:
Everyone gets a bejeweled dagger with a glass blade (regular plain old glass), a monocle and a top hat from the Prince's armory. But is is a REALLY nice top hat :tongue:.
Sadly, there is only one top hat. It is a powerful magic artifact forged from the soul of the demon Fedora and raises your Style exponentially at the expense of your soul.

What level of cash can I withdraw from the Princes' coffers? I was thinking that to make it easy to keep track of, I would just resking the "starting wealth" advantage, calling it "financial backing" and putting it on my sheet.

Starting Wealth is actually a ton of money--I actually paid the points for the advantage because I did not want to be totally without anything.

Well that's your fault for not min/maxing Yeah, that would be pretty unfair. Nevermind on that :confused:

JayTee said:
What level of cash can I withdraw from the Princes' coffers? I was thinking that to make it easy to keep track of, I would just resking the "starting wealth" advantage, calling it "financial backing" and putting it on my sheet.
Roughly 150GC, though if you actually ask for that in cash the clerks will laugh at you. Please list any big ticket items, I have... plans.

@hellrazoromega I don't remember if I said this, but any of your Starting Wealth you haven't spent is still available. You paid for it after all. I would not recommend carrying forty lb. of gold on your body though.

Double-Edged Katana, the Heaviest Armor I can wear, and possibly a Magic Amplifier of some sort if I can spot one. The last is just me being a greedy bitch, and I am perfectly understanding of having to ditch the idea. :P

Exthalion said:
Roughly 150GC, though if you actually ask for that in cash the clerks will laugh at you. Please list any big ticket items, I have... plans.
Nothing special, just general supplies and equipment. I'll look over what's in the book and let you know what I'm grabbing within that amount.

Exthalion said:
@hellrazoromega I don't remember if I said this, but any of your Starting Wealth you haven't spent is still available. You paid for it after all. I would not recommend carrying forty lb. of gold on your body though.
Yeah I hoped I got to keep it. If possible converted to precious stones or the like rather than in cash.

JayTee said:
Well that's your fault for not min/maxing Yeah, that would be pretty unfair. Nevermind on that :confused:
And no worries if you guys had gotten that I would have asked for it too I'd be rich!!!

[media]

[/media]

SephirothSage said:
Double-Edged Katana, the Heaviest Armor I can wear, and possibly a Magic Amplifier of some sort if I can spot one. The last is just me being a greedy bitch, and I am perfectly understanding of having to ditch the idea. :tongue:
Do you mean the Two-Bladed Katana? To my knowledge there was only one to three double-edge katana ever made in history and it was something of a prototype before true katana were fully developed.

Edit: And Magic Amplifiers are not available, especially not for something as pedestrian as money. (There are rules to make them if you would like me to elaborate on them.)

Please note that Kaori has never once ridden a horse in her life. This'll be fun. /usedtoliveonranchknowshowmuchhorseridingcanhurt.

I was going off of the Rulebook, in which they exist- but screw it, normal Katana. Better all around, slightly less damage than the Double Bladed un'- I'm fine.

Stealthfox16 said:
Please note that Kaori has never once ridden a horse in her life. This'll be fun. /usedtoliveonranchknowshowmuchhorseridingcanhurt.
A friend of mine used to work with horses, and I'd visit them with her when I stayed at her place. The hoses and I had an agreement: they'd like me well enough if I didn't try to sit on them. Fortunately, I was wise enough not to try to explain to them that this is what they were for, or the time one of them nearly ran me over wouldn't have been with the intent to just scare me.

All's I really need is a longbow and a quiver of arrows (just regular ones are fine), and maybe a short sword for melee backup just in case. Also possibly bolas, if you're feeling generous. They're not super necessary, but I can see a number of potential uses...

SephirothSage said:
I was going off of the Rulebook, in which they exist- but screw it, normal Katana. Better all around, slightly less damage than the Double Bladed un'- I'm fine.
I didn't actually see it in the rulebook. Where was the reference? And again, did you mean sharp on both sides or two different blades?

[QUOTE="Lady Jane]A friend of mine used to work with horses, and I'd visit them with her when I stayed at her place. The hoses and I had an agreement: they'd like me well enough if I didn't try to sit on them. Fortunately, I was wise enough not to try to explain to them that this is what they were for, or the time one of them nearly ran me over wouldn't have been with the intent to just scare me.

[/QUOTE]
LOL funny you say that as I have always told people that I have a long standing agreement with horses--I won't try and ride them and in return they do me the same courtesy. Just like my agreement with sharks, I stay out of their territory and they stay out of mine. Both agreements have worked out well thus far.

Exthalion said:
I didn't actually see it in the rulebook. Where was the reference? And again, did you mean sharp on both sides or two different blades?
When I first read Two-bladed katana I mentaly pictured a double-edged katana.

Sharp on both sides, yes- Double-Edged. Which was highly unusual- Historicaly, it only really happened after Europeans where introduced to the Katana and tried to fuck with it.

Yeah but the one in the game book (at least in my copy) says Two-bladed Katana sort of like a version of the three bladed sword from this 80's cheese festival.

triple-blade-of-awesomeness-sword-sorcerer-1982-review.jpg

Bonus points if you can name it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back