[When Dreams End] Fitful Slumber

[QUOTE="Lady Jane]That character generator is unbelievably helpful.
Ended up going with the human ranger...because every time I roll a spellcaster in a new system I wonder what the crap is wrong with me because magic is always incredibly more complicated than just about everything else.

[/QUOTE]
Good stuff. I have like 25Mk I need to figure out what to do with.

Psychic powers are wonderfully uncomplicated compared to Ki abilities. I haven't looked much at actual magic, but I get the feeling that they're both better and worse. :confused:

This system be complicated, yo

You are not kidding, it reminds me of some old school systems from back in the 80's like Aftermath, Space Opera or Tablemast--er-- Runemaster.

I'm too much of a whipper snapper to have played much of those, but I'll take your word for it. ;)

I feel like I'm playing some weird hybrid of Exalted and DnD.

JayTee said:
I'm too much of a whipper snapper to have played much of those, but I'll take your word for it. ;)
I feel like I'm playing some weird hybrid of Exalted and DnD.
well I'll just put this way, Anima is tame by comparison. If you knew what you were doing, an Aftermath character could take 6 hours to make and one for Space Opera could take 9 hours, neither of those being exaggerations. Add to that the fact that the systems were as lethal if not more so than L5R and Anima does not seem quite as crazy, but about as close as you will get with a game these days.

In my day our games were complicated and bloody and we had to play them uphill --both ways, barefoot in 20' of snow---and we like it. :tongue:

Spacemaster.

Fuckin Spacemaster- I wont SPEAK of Rollmaster, but SPACEMASTER.

I LOVED THOSE CRIT CHARTS. I LOVED THEM LIKE A FATHER LOVES A CHILD, AND LIKE A CHILD LOVES ITS MASSIVELY ABUSIVE FATHER!

And Char Creation was fun. I once had a Psychic with a Three-Track mind.

Yeah those are great times, I still remember the one time I actually roll an 18/00 Str in D&D and that was 20 years ago.

Mhm. I just wish I'd actualy rolled 1000 on that Chart. That result was just... "Hiya. You are a Master Fucking Psychic dude. Fuckin A. You have access to /all/ the disciplines. You just WON." Almost. xD

How close to people feel they are to gaming? I feel like I'm mostly done, just need to allocate my psychic points. I'm excited to get started. :)

Alright, I have been through the characters. All of them are approved, at least enough to begin play with. I noticed a lot of you don't have equipment and are still working on history, but that will be fine for the beginning.

I will create the first thread soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back