• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When Darkness Comes.

"So, you got robbed, and went to find supplies in the city? Where all the dangerous gangs of criminals are, and all the zombies are too? Right. But hey, you can keep your secrets. I don't think anyone will mind. So, the reason we're out here is because we're chasing a serial killer. He's into nursery rhymes, and poems, the like. Rhyming. Lately he's been taunting us, I think that we made him angry. Figured out his clues, the word was 'Nursery.' So basically, if you think you're up for fighting a killer, then join us. If not, I wouldn't stay in the city."

Carter stood up again, and pulled the crutch from off the ground, using it to stay up.

She was taken aback by his remark. He really thought she was lying? Oh, shut up. I wouldn't believe you either. You're me! Ugh! Her snake rarely talked, but only stepped in when needed. She had always thought her snake was an older version of herself, and liked that. Sort of like a parental figure, she couldn't really remember her parents, but had distinct memory of them. Swinging her backpack off of her shoulder, she pulled out a thick book that was worn and old-looking. Across the front in cursive, it read, 'NURSERY RHYMES'. She stared up at him with the book clutched in her dirty, small, bony hands.

"I found this, if it's any help. Some of the first pages are ripped out, but in the contents it shows all of the Rhymes." She said, voice flat. Serial killer and nursery rhymes? Talk about creepy.

Craven sighed.

He was locked in a closet.

A bloody closet of all things.

They'd wrapped him head to toe in duck tape, the only thing he could move was his head.

His eye trained on the only other person in this dimly lit closet.

The Hunter was wrapped up as well, but they'd left his uniform on... even after looting all his weapons and ammo.

"How'd they catch you?" Craven asked indifferently

"I'm going to kill them."

Craven sighed. He wasn't really the best conversationalist.

"Any idea how to get out of this?" Craven asked

"I'm going to slaughter them. With my own bare hands."

"Heh, sure you are Rambo."

"
That is not my name."

"Care to enlighten me then?"

"
You do not deserve to hear my name, filthy mutant."

Craven rolled his eye.

"These beasts think that wounding a Hunter is enough to quench it's blood thirst, strike fear into it. Only a fool of the lowest of filth would think that someone such as I would dare gift them with even a hint of emotion. Freak or no freak, all prey fall to the mastery of the Hunter in do time."

"Christ you guys lay it on thick."

Cotton fiddled with the minigun some more.

Elroy's wolf had bailed after leaving the unconscious Hunter.

Cotton had to wrap him up quick. Though he was a highly adept dodger, Hunters could go at speeds that rival wolves.

He dumped him in the closet with Craven, figured the mutant would enjoy his company.

He sighed as he pulled out a piece of metal that had been lodged in its side.

Where could that wolf be going? Wasn't like Elroy knew many places besides the one Cotton tells him about.

But which one would his wolf go to?

Whatever, those two knew how to work together so they wouldn't be getting killed at least.

Besides, Cotton had to focus on getting that other 'armament' before polishing their plan of attack.

No matter what, the Conductor's time in power would soon come to an end...

"Thanks. I'll have a look at it later." With that, Carter grabbed the book and stuffed it in the small pouch on his back. He looked around, looking for a new clue. "I'd say I according to the last clue, we could head forwards, and likely find the next one." This new girl seemed strong. She was quite the fighter to have survived this long, likely by herself.

Eyeing him as he shoved the book in his pack, she nodded in understanding of his statement. She licked her pinky finger and held it in the air. Weak wind. Hot sun, and it was going in a few hours. She headed forwards with a skip in her step, but still alert. She wasn't one to follow a person, so she just went off. Her amber eyes flickered around for clues.

Carter continued after the small girl, and looked around for more clues. Nothing yet, just the occasional zombie that was completely unaware of the three walking by. And talking. In fact, the zombie was walking right past them obliviously. Carter looked at it, and realized that it's eyes were stitched up, and it's ears were ripped off. Caryer looked it over to see if it had any clues on it. Didn't look like it. He continued hobbling along the beaten down road.

'DARREY YO DARREY' said my wolf

'what' i said groggily back 'five more minutes'.

'WELL DONT YELL AT ME WHEN YOU GET TORN APART BY A ZOMBIE'

"what" i screamed as i woke up not remembering what happened "how did i get outside the bunker"

'SOMETHING ABOUT GOING TO FIND FOOD AND GETTING ATTACKED BY A ZOMBIE THEN BLACKING OUT' my wolf said annoyingly

'why didn't you stop me' i said

'HMM MAYBE BECAUSE I REALLY COULDNT DO ANYTHING'

i started walking towards my bunker when i realized

'where did shadow go'

'THE DOG WENT TO GO FIND SOME ONE TO HELP BUT NEVER CAME BACK'

'then we nee to find him'

'NO ITS ALMOST DARK PLUS IT'S A BIG CITY HE IS PROBABLY STILL SEARCHIN FOR SOMEONE'

'but' i said but hesitated 'fine he knows his way back' i said entering my bunker.

'DONT YOU EVER WANT TO NOT BE ALONE FIND SOMEONE FIND A GIRLFRIEN' my wolf yawned

'no' i said plainly 'now be quiet i need to meditate'

She paused her skipping, her he'd looking around. Her ears rang, trying to focus on something she'd just heard. Light steps were nearby, and were getting closer. She waited, and saw a dog wander into the middle of the road, looking straight at her. Its eyes weren't clouded and foggy like the infected animals.

She ignored the dog, and walked around looking for some clues. The dog trotted towards her, sniffing at her heels. She knew it was there, but ignored its presence so she wouldn't bother it.

'REY REY REY ANSWER ME' my wolf yelled

'what do you want' i said calmy still meditating

'IT SEEMS LIKE THE DOG HAS FOUND SOMEONE'

'how can you tell'

'SENSE YO HAVE A STRONG BOND WITH THE DOG I CAN USE THAT TO SEE WHAT HE IS DOING. BUT WHOEVER THEY ARE THEY SEEM TO BE IGNORING HIM'

'good then i wont be found'

'YOU KNOW DOGS ARE A GOOD JUDGE OF CHARACTER' at this i stopped meditating

'how is that going to change my desicion'

'MAYBE BECAUSE SHE MIGHT BE A GOOD COMPANION FOR YOU,REY'

'why are you callin my rey'

'BECAUSE IT SOOTS YOU'

'hmm...wait did you say she'

'YES I DID AND I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT CARE'

'im going to go find him' i said running ot of my bunker

The 13-year-old girl just continued her little search. That dog behind you is annoying. Her snake within her said silently. She just scoffed to herself, and sat on the concrete, and the dog circled around the girl, sniffing in her direction. The dog inched towards her, and laid a paw on her knee. Cocking a brow that was set above her golden eyes, she raised a small, dainty hand and patted ay his head.

I was running in the direction i know shadow would go. i was running as fast as i could for no apparent reason. i wasnt worried for shadow or for myself i felt something different like i was hungry and full at the same time. it felt wierd. then i stopped and stared at my dog being petted by a girl. i shrugged the feeling and walked up to her

'SO MUCH FOR GETTING HELP'

'shush'

"h..hi" i said nervously

'I THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO FIND ANYONE'

'i changed my mind'

She looked up, piercing golden brown eyes glazing over him casually. The girl stood to her feet, and the dog tried to jump up at her to be petted at again. She simply ignored the pooch and shoved her hands in her pockets, which were adorned in metal knuckles.

"Hi. I'm not looking for any trouble." The young teenager said bluntly. Hesitating a bit, she pulled her hands out of her pockets, and reached out her right hand for him to shake. "Khan." She greeted, a small curving on her lips. Her gaze was threatening, as if saying, 'Come on, try me, I'll shoot you in two point five seconds', but she didn't do a thing.

"umm... i see you found my dog" i said motioning for shadow to come to me

"his umm... name is shadow" i shook her hand "do you have anywhere to stay tonight... i mean if... not like... if you want to... aaagh"

'YOUR LOSING IT DUDE'

'no i just bad at talking to people lay off'

She nodded, and didn't bother to eye the dog as he walked off to his owner. She listened closely, flicking her eyes around that were framed with thick, ink black eyelashes around as his she was analyzing him. She shrugged nonchalantly.

"I really don't know. I just got here," she said truthfully. She cocked her head to the side. "I'm kind of with someone, so we'll see." She added, and shrugged again. Wow, how smooth of you. Her snake mocked snidely.

"oh" i said disappointed

"i gues i will see you later, come on shadow"

i motioned for shadow to follow me then started to slowly walk away

'YO REY GO BACK THERE AND MAKE OUT WITH HER'

'no i barely know her'

'JUST TURN AROUND AND DO SOMETHING'

i stopped and turned my head to look at the girl

'maybe some other time'

When i arrived back at my bunker it was still day time so i went searching for food

'HEY WHY DON'T YOU JUST CHANGE YOU WOULD GO WAY FASTER'

'hmm first good idea all day good job buddy'

i changed into wolf form in fromt of a drug store

"hey shadow wanna race"

i said to my dog beside me. he gave a nod and started running

"hey cheater"

i quickly followed him. we ran for awhile maybe to long

'HEY REY WHERE ARE WE'

i suddenly stopped i didn't reconize where i was or how to get back.

'umm... i think we are lost'

'NO DUH SHELOCK'

i started searching for any place to hide for the night

'no...no...no...no...no...god no'

'HOW ABOUT THAT OLD FARM HOUSE EVER THERE'

'i hope there isn't any zombies' i said changin into human form

"shadow stay"

i pulled out my machete and walked. what i say made me freeze there in the house were atleast 20 zombies.

before i could even think i pulled out my pistols and started shooting

Elroy groaned as he slowly rolled to his hands and knees.

He'd told his wolf to rush home before they changed back.

Of course, his wolf was so caught up in his project that he'd completely ignored him.

And now here he was, naked and weaponless on the roof of a Save-Lots.

Do not mock my work! A hunter must prep himself in any and all ways of the hunt!!!

Elroy groaned as he looked out across the city.

Ah, seems his wolf got him fairly close to the Office building, he could see it some distance away.

He could make it.

He walked back to the spot he woken up at and was relieved to see his mace.

Good thing his wolf knew how to accessorize.

I knew leaving you alone would be ill-advised. Do not think for a second I approve of your barbaric form of weaponry.

"Hunters don't use retro weapons?" Elroy asked as he picked up the mace and began walking to the edge of the building, where a ladder led to the alley below.

A hunter uses the BEST weapons!!! Preference does not matter!

"Isn't that a preference?" Elroy asked as he climbed down.

Don't make me dislocate a chunk of your brain you swine!!!

Elroy didn't know if his wolf could actually do that, but he was glad for an end to the conversation.

He entered the save-lots and instantly grabbed the first clothes he could get his hands on.

The sweats would do until he got back to the office, but he didn't think he could squeeze into the frilly pink sweater so he tossed it.

He searched some more and killed two zombies roaming the place before finding a thin, zip-up hoodie.

He'd never be able to get the hood over his head, so he tore it off.

It now looked like a strange zip-up sweater.

It would do.

Next he worked on finding shoes.

Seems that lots of people liked sneakers.

He just picked the first pair to fit.

Well, that was that....

He busted the cash register down to the ground for old time's sakes. The thing was probably looted as **** but that didn't stop him from kicking it a few times before leaving.

Now he just needed to keep away from crowds and make it back to the Office building without any incident.

'WAY TO WASTE ALL OF YOUR BULLETS REY'

'shut up' i said while slicing a zombies head off. i then relaxed finally all the zombies are dead and now i dont have any bullets and left my sniper at the bunker.

"shadow help me clean this place out" i said to my dog. he came in and started dragging bodies out side the door. i changed into my wolf form and started helping. about half an hour later we cleared the place out. it seemed cozy a big bi-level house the windows were already borded up i found a shotgn with a big box of bullets and thankfully books a whole room full of books.

'hey what do you think about living here' i said to my wolf

'WHAT ABOUT THE SNIPER IT'S PRETTY POWERFUL'

'i will go get it later'

i sighed 'i need to meditate'

'NO WE NEED TO TALK'

'about what'

'REY YOU WON'T SURVIVE LONG ON YOUR OWN'

'then what do you want me to do, put signs every saying 'boy needs people to stay with cant survive on his own' thats not going to help'

shadow sensed my anger and layed down on my lap

'i'm going to sleep'

'Hold the door...'

'Push harder...'

Alexander grunted, forcing his feet onto the porcelain toilet in front of him and his arms and shoulders onto the metal, bathroom door which was the only thing separating him and the horde of zombies on the other side. He was able to hear their screeches earlier, but now all he heard was the beating of his heart. Everything seemed in slow motion and he noticed every little detail around him. The bead of sweat rolling down his cheek, the blood dripping from his blade, the hinges of the door slowly becoming distorted from the constant abuse of the zombies flinging themselves into it. If he stayed there any longer he would die.

'Look for a way out...'

Looking up as he had commanded himself, Alexander noticed a ventilation shaft above the toilet. He just needed to pop it off and slip in quickly for the second he released his barricade on the door the creatures would get inside. With a jump, Alexander landed on the toilet, ripped off the ventilation shaft's cover, and squirmed inside. The sound of crunching and tearing metal sounded behind him, a flurry of undead corpses running after him. He was in the shaft and about to escape except for the fact one grabbed him on the foot. Although he tried, Alexander could not break free from the grasp of the zombie and quickly shoved his axe awl into its head. He resumed his escape and following the shaft for a good few minutes until he saw a light up ahead. "Yes!" After reaching the light he kicked the frame of the vent out and peered out into the light. It was a little blinding at first as he had been in the dark building for a while but he quickly got used to it. After a little wiggling his body around and maneuvering the old ladders and railings he reached the ground. "Time to set off, I suppose." He grumbled to himself, as though the fact he nearly lost his life had not worried him or even happened in the first place.

'REY... REY WAKE UP'

i slowly opened my eyes

'what' i said in an annoyed tone

'IT'S NOT SAFE IN HERE'

'what are y...'

as i spoke a zombie came crashing through the door of the book room. i quickly grabbed a book and protected myself from the zombie. then i jumped back away from the zombie then grabbed a hard cover book and started bashing the zombies head. after making sure the zombie would not get back up i had the perfect idea.

'hey remember when we saw that girl'

'YES WHY'

'do you remember that huge tree'

'YES BUT WHY WOULD WE NEED A TREE'

'we are going to build a tree house'

'WHAT THATS... ACTUALLY NOT A BAD IDEA'

i then went to the attic and started pulling up the floor boards and collecting the nails. after getting almost all the floor boards i put them in a big bag and headed off with shadow on my tail.

'i don't exactly remember where the tree is'

'ARE YOU KIDDING ME... WAIT ITS OVER THERE'

i looked in the direction that he mentally showed me. i quickly ran towards the tree and started my project.

Saaaammmyyyyy. Saaamy? SAMMY!

"Go away Curly." I growled. I always called her that. She hated it at first, but after a while, she had given up trying to get me to call her werewolf. To get her to stop I had threatened to call her Wolfy instead.

Sammy, get your lazy butt UP!!

I groaned, slowly lifting myself off the ground. I was at t the edge of town, in an old farm house. I sat up and ground my palms into my eyes. Curly was always the last to sleep, first to wake, and insisted. I do the same. I put on my sneakers, tied the laces, and got a piece of dried meat to eat on the go. I slipped my backpack on, and headed for the door. Just as I was about to open the it, I heard all the zombies. There had to be at least 20.

"I can't get out! I'll get clobbered!" I wailed

Duh, I could have told you that.

"Oh shut up, would you?" I replied, aggravated. I slid down the door and onto the floor, and started to fiddle with my locket. How would I get out of this one?

How about we go loco on 'em, and just ram 'em? Just charge right through 'em

I frowned.

"Curly, even you can't withstand that much zombie venom. 3 bites, remember? We would get at least 10 bites going through that alone!" I explained. I could feel Curly was pouting now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you better think of something, and quick. You can't survive in here for long, your out of water

I signed. Curly was right of course. I got up, brushing my pants off, investigating the room. There was bathroom. I suppose I could investigate in there. I pushed open a door that was off to the side. Everything was covered in dirt, grime, and dust. I coughed at the wretched smell. There was a dead zombie in the tub that I had killed last night. I pulled my shirt over my nose, and climbed on top of the toilet, to inspect a small window. I frowned, struggling to open the window. "Even if I could get it opened I'm not sure I could fit through that!" I wailed.

Oh stop your whining, and let me take control. I can bust the glass

"Curly that-" I stopped and considered it. "-ACTUALLY isn't a bad idea!" I grinned, and turned into my wolf form, and broke the glass, quickly returning to human. I groaned at my stupidity, as I realised all the zombies would here the glass breaking, and come find me. Thinking of this, I MADE myself fit through the window, cutting my arms and legs on the jagged glass that still remained embedded in the wood. I finally was free, and I took in deep breaths of fresh, clean air, before adjusting my backpack, and preparing myself for a run, taking my daggers out.

"finally" i said as i looked p at the treehouse i just made. it had a spiral starcase leading up to a trapdoor that opened up to a roughly 10 by 10 foot room with a slanted roof. inside there was a couch and a bed from the farm house and some candle and a pile of books.

'REY DON'T YOU THINK THIS IS A BIT NOTICABLE' my wolf said

"well..." i started but realized i wan't talking in my head to my wolf

"why can't i talk in my head to you" i said

'I DON'T KNOW BUT STILL... WE MIGHT GET ROBBED OR SOMETHING'

"oh well i will just put a lock on the hatch"

'like thats gonna stop anyone'

theni smelt something or someone i ran over grabbed a pistol and went down the stairs of my treehouse. there was a girl pulling out knives out. she had cuts all over her

"thats what i smelt" i whispered

'get back inside'

i nodded then started walking backwards up the stairs. after about ten steps i tripped on the stair and fell of the side landing hard i screamed out in pain then realize i was trying to hide but she saw me.

I jumped as a boy screamed in pain. I raised my daggers, and wasabout to run, when Curly interrupted.

Being in your head, I know what you are about to do, and since I want to be contrary, I insist you go slice him. I want to see what his insides look like.

Curly suggested cheerfully. I frowned. Nice image, but no, I don't think we will do that.

But he is CUTE! You need someone in your life.

Curly wheedled.

1. No, I don't need a guy in my life, and 2. He is not cute. 3. It's dangerous. 4. Your going to insist that I kill him, and when I don't, you will on the full moon. Shall I say more?

Please?

No.

I was surprised. She never said please.

Just do it Fuzz Brain!!!

Curly shouted at me, giving me a sudden headache. I groaned again.

"Fine." I muttered under my breath

I walked over to the boy, hauling him off the ground. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back