What's your favorite Exalt type (and why)?

Which Chosen do you choose?

• Solars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunars

• Sidereals

• Abyssals

• Terrestrials

• Alchemicals

• Infernals

• Total voters
Lunars! I will gladly give up focused super powers of the Solars for broad applicability of Lunar Charms and excellencies.

Re:

Joseph said:
Marquis said:
Although I'm definitely partial to the Abyssals, as I really appreciate the Macabre setting, the dragonbloods far surpass even them. Part of the dragonblood appeal is their social relevance. Unlike the solars and lunars, they exist within a social context.
Marquis said:
They have a world that they have created. A world with consequences.
No, they have a world Sidereals have created for them. There's a reason the elder members of the Scarlet Dynasty are COATED in long term Astrological Effects. There's a reason the Immaculate Order is such a big deal. There's a reason the Scarlet Empress was actually able to maintain control over even the Realm and it's few subsidiary states. It all traces back to the Sidereal Exalted.
This is why i consider Sidereals the most socially relevant. They are the ones pulling the strings. The DB might be the face of the rulers of Creation but the Sidereals are the real powers. They are real manipulative . Consider the fact that they control both The Realm with the Bronze Faction making sure the Scarlet Empress got on the throne and then manipulating the various houses behind the scenes and the Solars via The Cult of the Illuminated. In the end no matter who wins the Sidereals will be on top pulling the strings.

Re:

Lotus said:
I have to say i love Sidereals, why? Because i am really into secret societies, and they are part of an elite club they they are only privy to. They are great warriors (martial arts), strategists thanx to astrology, and can cast powerful spells ( and i am into the occult). There power my not be absolute or as versatile as a Lunars, or Solars, but what they lack in brute strength they make up in guile and cunning. I absolutely love thinkers.
Agreed, although I perfer Solars to Sidereals I would take Sidereals number two for that reason. They tend to be schemers and so you have to put more thought into it.

First is Dragon-Blooded. Its the elemental power, Solars can just do everything better but......only Terrestrials can blast around water and fire and such, Solars just seem too plain.

Lunars are a definite second, I like the shapeshifting and freedom people and such.

Sidereals are my third. Sure they're manipulative bastards and their charms are specific and light touch kind of things but that is sort of the challenge of them: figuring out how to accomplish things in tricky ways with knives what other Exalts do with swords.

Lunars are my definite first. I like the shapeshifting and protecting theme a lot in them. I like the Sidereal too, the way they work everything out in the shadows.

There is no type I actually dislike, they all have their own charm to me.

Lunars relate to me in a way the other exalted don't. Either because of the shapshifting, the stewardship, or that they are often The Lancer. Balancing man and beast is popular theme and who can not love the Sword of Luna

Compared to the other factions, initiation into the Swords of Luna is daringly simple. Go into the Wyld, and find something bigger than you are, kill it and bring back its head to any member of the faction.
Next favorite is Sidereals for their martial arts and their arcane fate.

Solars are definitely my favorite Exalt type. Mostly I guess because they're the first type of Exalted I got use to playing and understood. That and they have the most potential for growth and despite the Abyssals and Infernals, Solars are more powerful then them at least in my mind. Give a Solar no Great Curse and well... You've got yourself one mighty champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back