Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

Ye ima be real its fanfic reading. Roleplaying is easy to list off as me jst playing “dnd” or sum like that, that’s what i tell everyone. There’s no explaining reading a fanfic, especially in a fandom like mha or pokemon. Thanks to all our fav teenage artists over on deviant art, “mha fanfic” is mostly characterized as Shipping. Boy oh boy is that part about fanfics not the best part

I dont really consider my interests cringe and i dont have guilty pleasures, I just like what i like!

Ig if i had to pick it'd be Sonic and Disney in general, I wanna go to Disney World all the time but no one to go with rn ;-;

ok so like religions
Like Christianity I'm obsessed with learning about REAL world religions and faiths and making up ones
Not cringe at all. I'm the same way. I was raised in a completely non-religious family, but took an interest in religion from a young age. This interest eventually took me to Islam and led to me converting, lmao.

Honestly, if it's not RPing, it's singing japanese songs offkey and questionable pronunciation of most of the words.

I love wholesome things, like Winnie the Pooh, Kirby, Pokémon and as a fully grown man I can see how that can be cringey. I can't help it though, sometimes you need some good lighthearted content to not get lost in all of the real world nonsense.

Collecting anime figures. I don't even buy any crazy lewd ones or anything but it still feels strange sometimes. I guess it's a stigma of them being toys, and thus childish?

Rahh anime,, like naruto and ouran host club !! Or Sonic. (i love sonic so much) esp like somic exe spirits of hell.. lice laugh love bad horror games of sonic

i still read fanfiction, OFTEN, and will dabble in looking at self-insert fics because some of the ones i've found are honest-to-god masterpieces.

heavy quotes on that “cringey” there, it’s a loaded term ;-).

we have seen certain interests get mocked relentlessly by the internet before, whether that be anime or stuff like five night’s at freddy’s. stuff that actually isn’t bad (there definitely is some stuff written by gross people that I think we should try to stay away from. don’t get into a “separating art from the artist” argument here please, that’s a conversation for another day/a separate thread.) so, some people feel like they need to “hide” certain interests and things they like.

so, what’s one thing that you like that you feel like is seen as “weird”? for me, i fucking love vocaloid/vocal sythns. the technology and the producers who use vocaloid is so cool to me, but it’s def seen as something “strange” because “haha it’s anime robots”, which is a very big simplification of what the technology even is.
I love MHA, Vocaloid, FNAF and Gacha. I never fully express my love for them since people see them as “weird” and make fun of me for it. I am happy to have a place to talk to people about my interests without being judged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back