Welcome to The Academy

Jonny.Federally

"Mr.....Coranado? Jonathan?" The secretary called. It was more of a question then calling a name.

"Coronado" Jonny Corrected "but Please call me Jonny" he smilled to her

"Of course" she said as she wrote a note on the Call slip. "So where is your paper work?"

It Was November 19, and it was time to finish his registered for his new school Music Art and Culinary Academy for the Gifted

Or rather Mac as he heard some of the other students call it.

Jonny presented the rather thick pack of papers to the Secretary.

"Here You go" he said "This should be all of it"

"Thank You very much" She smilled to him. "Go ahead and take a seat till we are ready to take your picture for your school ID"

she shod him away so she could pass along the proper paper work to the correct department.

He turned around and just to see his seat had been taken by someone else.

With a slight irritated sigh he walked over to the wall and leaned against it wait for them to call his name once again.

"What a day what a day" he mumbled to himself

I was alone in the music hall.

Class hasn't started yet, but i wanted to practice just a little. To warm up my violin after not playing it in a few hours.

I sat down on a black plastic chair next to the violin cases and quickly grabbed my case.

I opened my case and pulled my violin out. I smiled, my violin always seems to bring a smile to my face.

The violin was made out of fine oak with thick wired stings. The bow made out of black horse hair.

A instrument made by the Gods.

I place her underneath my cheek and begun to play.

The sounds drifting around the room, echoing in the stillness.

My pace was slow at first, rhythmic.

Then i sped it up, my bow dancing across the strings.

Sweat trickled down my forehead, my middle finger on my left hand started to bleed.

This is my life, my passion, i will perfect my art.

The music stopped.

i placed my violin back into the case, shut the case and put it back onto the shelf.

I exhaled exhausted and concurred, "This year should be fun."

Sylvie watched the other students in the office. There were a lot of them here. It was surprising to see so many other people transferring this late, but at least she wasn't the only one. She took a seat and folded her hands in her lap. A blonde boy walked towards her, seeming suddenly irritated. Had she taken his seat? She didn't think anyone had been sitting here... She took the stack of papers out of her messenger bag, looking through them another time to make sure all her information was correct. "Sylvie Snow?" A voice called out behind the desk. Sylvie stood up, papers in hand, and walked quickly to the secretary, where she handed in her forms. "Ok, please take a seat, it shouldn't be long." Sylvie nodded and quietly walked back to the waiting area.

Dustin left the music hall in a hurry.

The office better be open.

It was.

I opened the door and sitting in the chairs where all the new kids. I couldnt help by eye each of them, picking them off in my head.

A small girl sat in a chair to the right of Dustin. Her head was bowed and her hands where clasped.

She looks so nervous. Probably a Music Major.

Another boy on the far side of the room also caught my attention. A boy close to his age no doubt, blonde hair, shorter then me.

He was obviously pissed about something.

It was then that i noticed what i was doing, being a bone-a-fide creeper.

I shook back and headed towards the front desk.

The lady there was typing furiously on her keyboard paying no mind to me.

"Ma'am, i need to talk to the counselor." i exclaimed.

she continued to type, either not hearing me or ignoring me.

i spoke a little louder, "Ma'am, i really need to speak to the counselor. my schedule is wrong."

Still she kept typing.

This annoyed me. This insolent old women will answer me, or i will bring this whole campus down.

"Ma'am, for the love of God, i need-"

"I heard you the first time Dustin, the counselor is not in yet. You can take a seat and wait if you like."

My blood boiled.

nonetheless, i turned and walked towards the bulletin on the far wall. Leaned against it,

and waited.

Jonny watched as the Girl sifted threw her paper work and was called to the desk.

Silvia Snow He thought to himself. as she walked back to her seat.

he didnt take his seat back but he made sure no one else took it.

"Jonny" called the secretary. Jonny looked up eagerly.

She pointed to the gray screen. "Picture time"

Jonny smiled and walked over to get his picture taken, after a few moments the card was in his hands still warm from the printer.

"Thanks" he said as he walked away he slide it in to the breast pocket of his denim jacket as he walked away.

unfortunately it didnt go in instead it seemed to slide over it and on to the carpet floor.

With out realizing it he had dropped it on the floor and was walking away without it.

Thats when he noticed the boy at the counter Dustin, I believe. He thought to himself

Seems a bit proud to me. he thought for a moment as he Probably Culinary

"this is defiantly going to be a very unique school year." he said softly to himself.

Sylvie watched as the blonde boy collected his things and started to leave, dropping his ID card in the process. "Hey," she called as she stood up. "You dropped this." She picked it up and handed it over, giving a tiny smile. A moment later her name was called for her photo, and she walked away to the desk. She stood there for her picture, not quite smiling but not a blank expression either, and then collected the card. She picked up her bag and slid the card into an outer pocket before leaving the office.

"Thank You Sylvie" he said smiling warmly at her. "It is Sylvie right?"

he took the card and made sure to put it in his pocket this time.

He watched her take her picture and gather her thing.

talk to her he thought to himselfYou Promised Tori you would makes friends.

with a sigh he calmly asked. "So whats your Major?"

Amias finished his cigarette and threw it down, crushing it with his old brown leather boot to ensure it was put out. He heaved up the large black guitar case with gold decor and engraving on it.

His cocky smile shined as he put his turtle shell raybans in the pocket of his white collared shirt with baby blue pinstripe on it. His tan denim jeans folded and creased as he walked briskly to the offices to gather up his schedule and I.D card.

Amias sweet talked the lady behind the counter to get his papers and I.D quicker, leaning onto the counter and getting his bright blue eyes closer to the woman. Charisma was his strong suite. Charisma, and music on his acoustic guitar.

He gathered up his stuff, put one hand on his nicely brushed black hair that swayed to the right in a swooping look, and started walking to where his papers indicated.

Something caught his eye. A girl sitting alone in what seemed to be a waiting area. Amias didn't know anyone here and he figured now was the time to meet people.

"Hey there, I'm Amias. Amias
Esha. I'm new here, how about you?" His white smile lit up as he finished his sentence. "I could try and speed up this process for you, the lady helped me get everything I needed within a few minutes."

Dustin hated waiting.

He stood there for what seemed like hours.

"Dustin?"

I looked up & standing before me was the head counselor. Thank God.

​"Yes sir, i need to speak to you about my schedule." I exclaimed, pushing myself off the wall.

"Alrighty, just step into my office please."

I followed him into his small office, there was a desk with a mac book on it, a small desk chair and a file cabinet against the wall.

Besides that his office was empty.

How bland.

He sat down and asked, "What seems to be the problem Dustin?"

"Well sir, you have track on my schedule. I did not sign up for that and id like it removed."

"The couch said he wanted you on his team. Just try out Dustin, it wont hurt."

i could see this wasn't going to go my way.

i stood waiting for this man, for nothing.

I got up and left.

Walked out the office and headed outside, toward the fountain in the courtyard.

I could use a smoke.

Sylvie nodded to him. "Yes, that's my name." She smiled.

As she was leaving, she saw that the blonde boy was still here. Was he waiting to talk to her? How odd. Usually no one talked to her... "Oh, I'm a music major." She said when he asked about it. "I play piano." She blushed a little, unused to talking about herself, and quickly changed the subject to him instead. "What about you?" She asked. "It seems strange that there are so many late transfers. But I'm glad it's not just me!" She brushed her long brown hair over her shoulders, then her sapphire eyes returned to Jonny as she waited for his answer.

(( [MENTION=3529]SpinachRavioli[/MENTION] Sylvie is outside the office now 3: Sorry ))

Jonny looked around not sure what to think ,ost people just kind of shy away from him.

"Culinary actually" He said as he patted a thick bundle that was slung across his back.

"Its my Knife kit. Never go anywhere with out it." he said. "It Must be some beautiful music you play if your here"

he looked around and saw some one with what appeared to be a guitar case walking towards them. her boy-toy probablyhe thought to himself

"Yeah i just flew in from Salt Lake This morning came straight here after i dropped off my Luggage in my dorm room."

He looked around a bit before continuing. "Where are you from?" he asked not really sure what to say.

I walked out the office only to find two transfer students in the hallway.

To my surprise it was the girl that seemed so scared and the boy with the blonde hair.

"Oh, I'm a music major." he heard the girl say.

I knew it, i could tell by her hands. Soft and small.

I walked up to them and casually said, "Welcome to MAC my dear transfer students! Don't be discouraged by the size of our glorious school, its very calm and relaxed here."

its not.

Jonny looked up and smiled at him so he doesnt know her then

"Not in the culinary wing" he smiled at him "Nothing but controlled Chaos there" he said

Thats when he noticed it. the bit of dry blood on his fingers. Jonny slung the kit in front of him and pulled out some gauze and wrap.

Then presented it to him. "Here, For your fingers." he said gesturing to his hand. "Its a chef thing. We're always ready for cuts" he smiled "and whatever else can happen in a kitchen"

(( WHOOPS! I was slow. ))

The girl who was in the office, ( now is someone who wasn't playing ) blew Amias off.

"Hah! Fine, you don't know what you're missing. " He smiled and walked outside noticing a guy outside near the fountain. He decided to cut into the conversation.

"Hey, I'm Amias. Mind if I chat with you for a bit?" Amias took out a pack of smokes and packed the tobacco tight. American Spirits, Amias favorite.

He noticed Dustin eyeing the pack. "Want one of mine?" He gestured the pack forward towards Dustin.

Sylvie was about to answer Jonny when another boy came up. He and Jonny started a conversation and then Jonny handed the boy something to wipe his fingers. Sylvie hadn't noticed any blood, but she wasn't always terribly observant. She smiled at the new boy who had entered the conversation. Wow, talking to two people in one day? She was on a roll, that was more people than she usually interacted with in a whole semester.

"Ahhh, thank you!"

i take the supplies from the boy, thank god my cut had started to burn. i stick my supplies into my pocket and continue talking.

"A chef i see, i hope you are a good cook. We got a lot of A class students here that whip up the best dishes ive ever tasted."

"Oh dear God, yes."

Takes the cig and proceeds to light and smoke

dear god its hard to keep up with all these new transfer kids

Jonny Looked at the pack but decided not to get one. He hadnt had one sense the airport in SLC but he would rather wait to see what everyone thought. "Its a pleassure to meet You Amias" He said holding out his hand "Jonathan But you can call me Jonny, Everyone does" Jonny looked at the others

Dustin inhaled and exhaled slowly.

"So, im guessing you are a music major Amias?"

That was a nice guitar case the man had.

"And you too Sylvie?"

​New class mates already, joy.

There were now three of them beside her. This was strange for her, she wasn't used to so much interaction. She crossed her arms, not to be rude but to be comforted by it, and listened in on the boys' conversation. So at least one of them was a music major, and Jonny was in the culinary major. She didn't know about this newest person yet. Staying quiet, she felt a little awkward and wondered whether she should make an excuse to run off...

Sylvie nodded at Dustin. "Yes." She said.

Jonny Looked at her and watching the body language out of the corner of his eye. Jonny Coughed a little. "sorry" he lied "not used to smokers quiet yet" He said as he looked at the Pack of smokes and the cloud that came to from the Burning paper in there hands "Im actually going to go do some exploring anyone want to come?" he said looking at Sylive hoping she would catch on.

"Thats wonderful! The music program here is astounding."

no shit Dustin, its a arts school.

i pull out my phone from my pocket and checked the time.

"Damn, i have to go. I'll see you guys around school, nice meeting yall. Dont be strangers."

I walked briskly away from the newcomers, competition.

Wonderful.

Time to practice.

Jonny watched as he walked away "He seems nice enough" he said He's a cocky one got to watch out for him, although he is in a diffrent major he could be good for me he thought He looked at the others "so how long have you guys been here?" he asked

Sylvie watched as Dustin walked away. He looked determined, like he didn't want to be around the transfers for some reason. She shrugged it off, hoping her standoffishness hadn't been a part of it. She looked back to the others, realizing Jonny had asked something. Crap, what did he say? She stayed quiet in hopes that the other boy would answer first so she wouldn't look dumb for asking Jonny to repeat himself.

Amias lit himself one of the smokes.

He inhaled and started speaking while exhaling.

"Yeah, I'm a music and drawing student. I'm more into drawing but you'd never know." He smirked.

He unlatched the guitar case and pulled out the Dean tradition S2 solid top dreadnaught acoustic guitar and began strumming. His fingers slid up and down while he played a few chords.

Amias leaned back a bit and saw the girl in the small crowd. His smile perked up a bit, "And who might this be?" his fingers still moving on the neck of the guitar.

His cigarette burned down as he inhaled more. The nicotine smell lingered in the air.

I love this. He thought to he thought to himself.

"See ya later, mate!" Amias called to Dustin as he walked away.

"So you get to spend time with him how does that make you feel?" he said he could tell Dustin was hiding something "He's probably very skillful. Amatures dont get those kinds of cuts on there fingers the calisas need to develop first." he said holding out his hands. The inside of his index finger was covered in hard skin. It happens when you hold the knife the right way." he said rubing it with his thumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back