• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Wave Crashers OOC [OPEN]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah ofc!

Nereus is officially donee aahhh
Lemme know if anything needs altering/scrapping!

Klown Klown
he CANT SWIM?!?! lol

you realize most classes at blue wave essentially involve being in the water at some point. there are many times peeps are required to swim! XD

Equpment:
∘ A journal that's been enchanted to never get wet or run out of pages. He uses it to write down everything from his discoveries to how he was feeling on a certain day.
---hows it been enchanted?

i am intrigued why everyone wants faded droplets, im asking the whole of the rp - are you intending for those faded droplets to be filled in once more?
because peeps manifest more droplets as they get stronger, so youre showcasing youve already got 3-4 droplets, but are weaker than you were previously because you now have a faded one

how does he heal illnesses with his water?

this isnt a critique, but i find it funny hes just been sheltered lol and hasnt learned about the harsh world at all
whereas neb was raised on her uncles stories -which are all filled of battle, monsters, and evil wave crashers lol

i like how you phrased this a lot lol
clumsiness has made a vessel of him

how did he hear of blue wave academy to be enrolled there?

Putting my response in a spoiler because it felt a lil long lmao

Klown Klown
he CANT SWIM?!?! lol

you realize most classes at blue wave essentially involve being in the water at some point. there are many times peeps are required to swim! XD
HAHA I figured he would use his wave riding to keep him above water most of the times 💀 I could always change it to that he can swim, he just sucks at it lmao.
Sometimes forgets to hold his breath, or when he tries swinging his arms he doesn't move at all, or is just super slow. Just the worst possible swimmer out there LOL.

Equpment:
∘ A journal that's been enchanted to never get wet or run out of pages. He uses it to write down everything from his discoveries to how he was feeling on a certain day.
---hows it been enchanted?
I didn't think on that too hard, I assumed there was magic in the world between the treasures and the setting as a whole, but I can scrap the enchanted part and just give him a regular ole notebook that he keeps sealed up in something water-proof.

i am intrigued why everyone wants faded droplets, im asking the whole of the rp - are you intending for those faded droplets to be filled in once more?
because peeps manifest more droplets as they get stronger, so youre showcasing youve already got 3-4 droplets, but are weaker than you were previously because you now have a faded one
For the faded droplet, I thought it was something that could be filled up later down the line. Ner is already pretty useless as he is, so I wanted to give him at least something he could do well. So giving him 1 droplet didn't feel right, but neither did giving him a full 3. I liked the concept of having a faded droplet that could be filled again whenever he gets stronger to show his progress, if that makes sense? If that's not how the faded droplets work, I can just remove it and give him the 2 droplets! :]

how does he heal illnesses with his water?
It'd be kind of like the poison removal but a lot more gentle. Where it evens out the body temperature, clears out the sinuses, that kind of thing? It's supposed to just be for a common cold or common fever. When it comes to illnesses, it's not that he heals it entirely, more that he speeds up the process in which the body itself can heal.

this isnt a critique, but i find it funny hes just been sheltered lol and hasnt learned about the harsh world at all
whereas neb was raised on her uncles stories -which are all filled of battle, monsters, and evil wave crashers lol

i like how you phrased this a lot lol
clumsiness has made a vessel of him

Yeahh, ironic considering his home was literally made because a result of war 😭 The two would definitely have different views on the world.

Thank you, thank you! I cannot emphasize enough what a complete boyfailure he is lmaooo

how did he hear of blue wave academy to be enrolled there?

He heard about Blue Wave Academy from the WC that visited Merr when he was younger. I imagine visitors are rare in Merr, so his parents often have any new faces invited for dinner to essentially sus out any motives and assess whether they're trouble or not. And if they are, they send them packing. This S Rank WC was invited for one of those dinners, and that's where and how Ner learned all about Blue Wave academy and such. I imagine there's history books on WC's too since they seem so prevalent in society, so he'd likely picked up a couple books about them from his home library as well.

HAHA I figured he would use his wave riding to keep him above water most of the times 💀 I could always change it to that he can swim, he just sucks at it lmao.
Sometimes forgets to hold his breath, or when he tries swinging his arms he doesn't move at all, or is just super slow. Just the worst possible swimmer out there LOL.

well that IS what wave riding is for, but thats not how it works out all the time. if you take a big hit that disrupts your wave riding youll fall down into the drink right?
or someone can usurp your wave riding
etc etc

he can be bad at swimming, or not know how, youd just have to write him in a realistic fashion in that regard.

i mean he could use hydrokinesis to pull himself up out of the water if need be, but its still more dangerous than just being able to swim

sometimes Hydrokinesis can appear like "magic", but theres no direct "magic" in this setting... or is there? ;P
there might be such enchanted things below the surface. like enchanted artifacts and such
but that doesnt really sound like what youre getting at here. like how did some ancient artifact just be some journal that he has? lol

It'd be kind of like the poison removal but a lot more gentle. Where it evens out the body temperature, clears out the sinuses, that kind of thing? It's supposed to just be for a common cold or common fever. When it comes to illnesses, it's not that he heals it entirely, more that he speeds up the process in which the body itself can heal.

well i meant more like how does his hydrokinesis look when doing it. does he place his water into the person?

well that IS what wave riding is for, but thats not how it works out all the time. if you take a big hit that disrupts your wave riding youll fall down into the drink right?
or someone can usurp your wave riding
etc etc

he can be bad at swimming, or not know how, youd just have to write him in a realistic fashion in that regard.

i mean he could use hydrokinesis to pull himself up out of the water if need be, but its still more dangerous than just being able to swim

I can change it so he's just a really bad swimmer, and if need be he uses his hyrdrokinesis to help him. :]
obviously i don't intend for him to be an awful swimmer forever, but as he is now, yeah, he's pretty bad lmaoo

sometimes Hydrokinesis can appear like "magic", but theres no direct "magic" in this setting... or is there? ;P
there might be such enchanted things below the surface. like enchanted artifacts and such
but that doesnt really sound like what youre getting at here. like how did some ancient artifact just be some journal that he has? lol

Okay yeah, I'll just remove the enchanted part of it then, no biggie!

well i meant more like how does his hydrokinesis look when doing it. does he place his water into the person?

Yeah pretty much. The methods would be different depending on what he thinks the person might need. It can alternate between having someone drink the water or simply letting it soak into their skin through their pores, lets some of the bad stuff flush out. That kind of thing.

I can change it so he's just a really bad swimmer, and if need be he uses his hyrdrokinesis to help him. :]
obviously i don't intend for him to be an awful swimmer forever, but as he is now, yeah, he's pretty bad lmaoo

no worries, even if he CANT swim, he can learn, so its not like its something that breaks the bio
but if he were at blue wave academy, they likely wouldve put him in swimming classes
its just absurd to be a wave crasher and not be able to swim, since youre probably on top of water like 80% of the time lol

Okay yeah, I'll just remove the enchanted part of it then, no biggie!
okies! :3 <3
he can just use hydrokinesis to keep it dry, like pull the water out or make the water slide off of it or some such

Yeah pretty much. The methods would be different depending on what he thinks the person might need. It can alternate between having someone drink the water or simply letting it soak into their skin through their pores, lets some of the bad stuff flush out. That kind of thing.

gotcha

well in that case, he seems good! Nereus is accepted! :D <3

Qf that takes the form of a daunting mask and armor. Empowers the body with furious hydrokinesis.

delete-button.gif

I FINALLY finished with my character!! I have to give it a third read-through to be super super sure I didn't miss anything, but that's for after I sleep lmao

its funny, gramps tells jay stories of that one dude tide breaker just like the stories neb heard from her uncle, except its her uncles stories about himself lol

Joludo Joludo
he seems ultimately fine! :>
though even if hes good at water sensing, imma still limit it a bit just for ic purposes, our newbies arent supposed to be great at that just yet. but its all good! :>

and ONLY A GALLON of water? yeesh, thats like nothing to most wave crasher fights lol

also i guess i didnt make this clear.-- i see this in a lot of bios. most peeps are just sending their chars to Blue wave just now, but you dont have to, peeps charries can be at BW longer than a year if you wanted lol

Joludo Joludo
he seems ultimately fine! :>
though even if hes good at water sensing, imma still limit it a bit just for ic purposes, our newbies arent supposed to be great at that just yet. but its all good! :>

Woo! That's totally fine, you let me know what's an appropriate level for him and we'll stick to that.

and ONLY A GALLON of water? yeesh, thats like nothing to most wave crasher fights lol

Yup! It felt like a fun challenge for him to face at this stage, with his low droplet count. It feels like a good catalyst to help him develop the patient fisherman vibes.

also i guess i didnt make this clear.-- i see this in a lot of bios. most peeps are just sending their chars to Blue wave just now, but you dont have to, peeps charries can be at BW longer than a year if you wanted lol

I actually meant to have him be there for a few years now! I gotta do the age math on it, when I get a chance I'll update the sheet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back