• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Wapelin Woods, Ryke] Shadows of Malice

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
The following RP is set in Isekai Hell. If you are interested in joining feel free to check out our hosted project! The purpose of this RP will be for Zolgen and company to take the opportunity to attack a group of cultists traveling and based in the Wapelin Woods who Zolgen has wanted to dissuade from targeting him and in the process profit from a successful hostile engagement.

OOC Gonna try to keep pacing to 3-4 days at most rounds, possibly less if everyone gets their post in sooner for the round.

RP Goals:

Zolgen:
Dissuade the demon cultists from pursuing in a hostile way. (Clearing his wanted title)
Plunder and destroy as desired.
Profit
Work with like minded individuals.

Others: ??? (Feel free to lmk specific character goals ooc)

====

Temperature: Cool

Time: Evening

Mentions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Lolory Lolory SixSense SixSense

The golden light cast over the trees of the Wapelin woods. High quality wood which was harvested and used in all sorts of goods. Every now and again the wind blowing against the leaves could be heard as well as the occasional birds chirping, and the rustling of bushes, small animals moving about. It almost seemed tranquil, a passerby might have thought it’d be a nice time to go for a relaxing walk after a hard day of work, but if they knew the horrors were within the woods, they might think twice. It wouldn't be until too much longer that It would get considerably darker, a time which would be prime to strike with decisive violence.

Wapelin Woods
desktop-wallpaper-anime-original-road-forest-background-473463-dark-forest-road-large.jpg

Zolgen

It was at the less developed part of the Wapelin woods the demon man stood with his goblins who were not far off. Through one way or another he had gotten into contact with other individuals who didn’t mind inflicting violence against others for personal gain. Should they prove to be worthy, he might see if they were interested in joining the Wild Hunt, but that would assume they went beyond just tolerating monster kind, but weren’t opposed to supporting it’s aspirations.

He had checked the ever familiar ruins from which he liked to ambush people earlier and saw a strange arcana circle that he didn’t understand, as well as candles, which only confirmed his suspicions that those damned cultists of Lord Hasufer were at it again. They had made it clear they weren’t keen on him after that last encounter with that poor foolish noble who had gotten separated from his party that Zolgen had shown why you don’t trust random people in the woods…

But after consulting with a monster capable of having visions, he learned that not only had they followed him to the Wapelin woods but that they had set up an encampment, or temporary base not all that far away to his understanding.

So now standing and leaning against a large old tree, with his arms crossed at the edge of the down trodden path, which someone would need to travel a good deal off the main path to reach, He waited for his would be allies who would be joining him on this excursion,

Last edited:
Leonardo_Anime_XL_elegant_anime_art_style_blackafrican_america_2(1).jpg
ELVYRA HIGHWATER | Blackwell Vampire-Human | VIP
Elvyra hated the forest, which is why she was glad to have come more prepared on this short trek through Wapelin Woods. She had donned hiking boots instead of her usual shoes which were more elegant and refined, and not covered in dirt and mud. Her newest contact was supposedly someone very brutish. She hadn't spoken directly to him, and had left all of the discussion part for Saldana to handle. Needless to say, she had the basics at least.

His name was Zolgen, he needs help getting rid of a cult, and said cult's also cutting too close into her own potential honey pot by advancing on a few of the noble's in Azuran City and it's surrounding villages. She also knew he was a Monster, and wasn't fully human unlike herself. Elvyra didn't care much about humans, or monsters, or fae. If their interests aligned with hers, that was good enough reason to work together in her book. You can't let your biases stop you from getting richer, thats how she saw it anyways. As she walked through the woods to the desired meeting spot that Saldana had told her about, she spotted a tall man with a skull mask and scarred skin, weilding a ginormous sword and leaning against a tree.

"Well met. You're uh...Zolgen, I presume?" She asked, looking quite out of place in his company. "A friend of mine told me you needed help gettin' rid of some cultists. I've come to lend a hand or two, but only because they're a thorn in my side as well." Elvyra was feeling a little sickly, since she hadn't had any blood in a while. She'd fix that problem though, once she sunk her fangs into a cultist or two.

IMG_0375.png
🛠️NAORI DESTIEEN 🗡️
Interactions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Lolory Lolory
[Human], [Wanted by:detective Laiod], [Murderer F], [Abuser F]

Naori found himself at the meet-up spot, where presumably he would be meeting up with a monster which was not an issue to him, he’s worked in collaboration with monsters in the past when smuggling slaves across the border, it was hard to care about species the only species he had an inkling of care for was constructs. Making it to the ruins Naori spotted Zolgen first and nodded lightly at the new acquaintance. His voice was cold and empty

“Must be Zolgen right? I know a monster when I see one.”

He then turned his head to Elyvra, they had meet before and pretty recently to boot. Seem like whatever controlled time had a habit of allowing him to meet the same acquaintances over and over again.

“Well, We meet again. On to business”

he asks Zolgen.

“Are there others we are waiting on?”

Dreayth Dominatus Malus
PNFB6jM.png

Titles: Demon, Monster, Born for this, Offworlder
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Lolory Lolory DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

The rather wild adventure within Widersia had its annoyances. Having to put up a mask of who you really were was more exhausting than the monster had anticipated. Still he’s definitely had way worst time doing other things and he was free to rip apart the residence of the cave with reckless abandon.

A new job had arrived and from an interesting person nonetheless. He’d hear about him in passing at bars. Overtime, curiosity would build within the monster with each instance his name had been brought up to the point that Dreayth wished to meet this individual. Once there was word of him requesting some assistance with a job, the demon couldn’t pass up an opportunity to rip apart flesh while getting to see this mysterious Zolgen in action.

He would meet the group with the forest, a grin plastered on his face as he saw the small kid from the job before.

“Well well well, if it isn’t little Naori, I hope you’ve still been up to no good!” Dreayth called as he lumbered over to the group. He’d size up the large monster once he got closer, “and you must be Zolgen, I’ve heard many things about you, all bad things. But I find that a good thing, Dreayth, good to meet you.” He’d smirk as he looked over to Elyvra, “I don’t think I’ve gotten to know you. Hopefully we can change that on this job. We can start with names of course.”

He was a bit skeptical of this woman, particularly because she was the only one he knew nothing about. Naori was also human but he was mentally insane enough to be categorized a monster and the rumors about Zolgen as well as his monster physiology was enough evidence Dreayth needed. He’d surely keep a close eye on this one, questioning what her intentions were.

Mentions: Lolory Lolory DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense

Zolgen

Zolgen turned his skeletal head to face Elvyra, and let out a bit of a dark chuckle, looking at her with his eye holes.

He’d move a bit closer to her and unapologetically use his appraisal on her to get a better idea of who she was after she said that,as he nodded.

“That’s right I’m Zolgen.”

“Oh have they now?, well I have no objections to having a vampire along with me, and you seem to know what you're getting involved with then, very well.”

Then Naori arrived, and Zolgen was a bit more surprised by this one showing up for the job. He looked awfully young to be capable of violence, but Zolgen got a good feeling that looks could be deceiving and this one would probably be quite capable.

He’d also appraise Naori giving a nod.

“Well I’ll be damned, so who was it? A big enough deal to get you wanted yourself? Hah I would have never guessed just looking at you.” He’d ask with a dark chuckle, after seeing that Naori had a murderer title and an abuser one, plus the wanted title.

“Yes you could say that.” He replied to the monster bit.

“ So you two know one another? What a coincidence, hope you worked well then, we’ll want some form of cohesion for this operation.”

“To my understanding..there should be one more.”
He then answered.

Then there was Dreayth who arrived…

This one felt familiar to him, one who had also been corrupted perhaps?

Upon being told that He had heard of Zolgen, the demon man couldn’t help but let out yet another dark chuckle.

“Is that so? They’re speaking of me? I can’t say I mind. I've done things..which I can imagine attracting some attention.”

Zolgen also appraised him too given some time had passed.

“Nice to meet you too Dreayth, it looks like you aren’t so different than me are you?” He’d reference the fact they were both demons, from different places at that even it seemed, he couldn’t help but wonder if Dreayth had been iseakied just like him.

“And you know Naori too…well I think this works out well then.”

Zolgen then looked to the trio and began to explain in greater detail what they were to do there.

“So I’m sure as you heard I Have a bit of a cultist problem..more specifically these are cultists of Lord Hasufer, a demon noble which I and some others went to another realm and made swift work of, resulting in his devout followers to take a certain interest in me..”

“An interest which led them to believe that it’s a good idea to bother me during my dinner time..in these very woods.”

“I’d like to send a message to them which is abundantly clear that if they wish to continue to pursue me and interfere with my business then I'll make sure to butcher every single one that comes my way..”

While Zolgen had been speaking eventually a group of five goblins with Javelins came out of the woods and stood near Zolgen, groveling at his feet it appeared.

Goblin Javelineers
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 11.47.32 PM.png

He ignored the goblins for the time being, continuing,

“The mission is simple enough, we’ll go in, find their makeshift encampment which I believe they’ve made in these woods to send out a party to attack me, and we will make them think twice about trying it again.”

“You all have permission to kill whoever you feel like, take valuables you happen to find, and destroy what belongs to them as you please, however what i do ask is that we leave at least one of them alive so that they go back and tell the others what they’ve witnessed..of course that doesn’t mean they have to leave alive in one piece…”

Zolgen suggested with somewhat of a sadistic tone toward the end of the sentence.

“What I will say we should take into consideration is that some of these cultists may be relatively powerful people in influential positions in society, so we should not take those who we encounter lightly.”

“It is very much possible and likely if most or if not all of them made deals to be in service of Lord Hasufer, which means some of them might have gained dominion over ice magic or even dominion over some of Lord Hasufer’s minions from his realm, it’s difficult to say for sure but I would definitely be wary of ice based abilities and powers our enemies may possess.”

“Now then are there any other questions before we get a move on?”
Zolgen asked the group fairly causally much like a normal person would despite his monstrous appearance.

IMG_0375.png
🛠️NAORI DESTIEEN 🗡️
Interactions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Lolory Lolory SixSense SixSense

“Dreayth interesting to see you again considering I just saw Hiroshi and Whizziemin over in Widersia not to long ago.”

He replied to the demon, before talking to Zolgen again.

“A detective named Laiod is after me, originally for suspected grave robbery now I assume for the case of having killed and harmed.”

He spoke answering the question of his wanted title, there was no shame nor emotion laced in his voice, truth be told he had no regrets. There was no reason when it had been people, utter idiots.

“Yes I know both Dreayth and Elyvra, I worked with Dreayth with smuggling slaves from republic borders to the eastern empire and helped Elyvra with a heist. We are compatible on the workfield unsure how much outside of it.”

He explained, he doubted there would be trouble among themselves as a team but when they weren’t working that was a different story. Dreayth seemed fine to speak with last time they worked together Elyvra he didn’t much speak to at all in the first place if memory served. She had seemed focused on the adults.

“Cultists? Job sounds straightforward enough the only question I have is if I can keep the bodies?”

Dreayth Dominatus Malus
PNFB6jM.png

Titles: Demon, Monster, Born for this, Offworlder, Abuser F, Murderer F

Dreayth chuckled, it felt like every word spoken was music to his ears. A job here he can be as flagrant as he wants to sounded just up his ally, after the two before required a level of ‘restraint.’

“Zolgen you might’ve made my month.” He hummed as he turned to Naori whom greeted him. “Oh you seen big bro Nera and Whizzie? Hope they’re doing well! Was that human who’s fond of my brother there as well?”

He overhead Naori having experience with Elyvra, “So? Is she any good? A heist is different from straight up annihilation.” Dreayth adjusted his spear, laying it on his shoulder. “Welp not that I care too much, as long as she doesn’t get in the way.” He’d look backwards Zolgen, “I have no further questions, let the hunt commence. My spear hunger for flesh.”

ELVYRA HIGHWATER | Blackwell Vampire | VIP
Elvyra shrugged after Zolgen was done explaining everything, "I don't have many questions. Just know I'm feeling a little peckish, so let's hurry and deal with these cultists as soon as possible." Getting blood was one of her higher priorities at the moment, alongside looting whatever gold these suckers had. "Oh, and any valuables are first come first serve. I don't do trades, so don't bother asking. This creepy little kid over here was on a heist I pulled, but we didn't talk much. He did his job, I did mine. Business is business." Even if your business partner still has a bedtime.

Since she was surrounded by the most undesirable people around, she was used to people doubting her strengths when it came to jobs like this. She looked to Dreayth, "Please, where I'm from annihilation is practically common place. A kid like Naori wouldn't know anything about how good I am at my job, especially not after a heist as simple as that." She said with a slight chuckle. And truthfully, it had been a simple heist even with all of the twists and turns that occurred. She'd faced tougher battles in her old life, Ryke was like a safe haven in comparison. "I let my actions speak louder than my words, so keep your eyes on me. I always impress." And if this job went well, maybe she could even hire the rest of them for other odd jobs that she had in mind after this one.

She was still in the process of looking for more work hands to help with tougher jobs.

Mentions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense Lolory Lolory

Zolgen

“Is that right? So you’re in the big leagues already, how looks can be deceiving, my, I imagine you’ll have quite a number after you at this rate..if you keep things up” Zolgen chuckled darkly after Naori explained what the situation was with him. At such a young age too! Zolgen was sort of impressed that he did a crime bad enough to warrant being pursued by an investigator full time.

More interestingly was how these people knew one another, as long as they’d work with Zolgen toward his goals, he didn’t mind that.

“Well good thing you’re just here with me for work purposes at the moment then, less unknown variables to worry about.” Zolgen chuckled a bit, finding it interesting how Naroi expressed it all so matter of factly.

“Course I’ll let you keep some of the bodies, but I will say from outset I will want to feed on at least one of them when we’re through, but don’t worry If I think they’re upset about me slaying their lord as I think they are there should be plenty of prey to go around..”

“Is that right? Glad to hear it, should be a good opportunity to have some fun.”
The demon replied looking to Dreayth.

“Maybe if you enjoy this and it goes well you might consider joining me on future endeavors, for our kind in particular, strength in numbers is quite beneficial after all.” He’d say alluding to the fact about how just about most everything else wanted them as monsters dead, and how an alliance could be beneficial.

Zolgen then looked to Elvyra and gave her a nod when she said she was peckish and didn’t have many questions.

“That’s the spirit.”

“I’m fine working first come first serve under these circumstances, if everyone else finds it agreeable, and I think that business is business attitude will get you places if you play your cards right when it comes to..work like this.”

Zolgen was willing to compromise to meet his larger goal.
“Hah, love to hear it, I’m very keen on seeing you put those annihilation skills to use then.”

After that with the group having a consensus to get going, Zolgen and his troop of 5 goblins gestured to the group, drawing his demonic cleaver sword blades out, just to have them at the ready if anything.

The group of the ‘protagonists’ would then enter and walk in the woods for some time.

The air became cooler and damp, the path beneath their feet somewhat narrow and winding, trees all around them with thick vines draping down occasionally.

The golden evening light penetrated parts of the top of the forest every now and again on the group, sometimes birds chirping could be heard, or the snap of twigs due to their steps.

“We’re getting closer to the area where I saw the cultists markings and the little ‘gifts’ they left for me to find..” with how Zolgen said gifts it was pretty clear he didn’t mean anything that was overly pleasant.

However as they were walking along, Zolgen heard footsteps in the distance, and he immediately gestured for the group to pause.

On a parallel path off in the distance, Zolgen could see what looked like four or so Ryke guards about 40 ft away who hadn’t noticed the group yet, looking away from them, walking in two by two columns next to each other.

“What are they doing all the way out here?” He hissed.

From what they could tell from the distance the guards were wearing pretty typical metal armor with arming swords at their sides, and metal helmets which exposed their faces. One of them was holding onto what looked like a piece of parchment, which wasn’t entirely clear what was on it.

From the way the guards were moving and looking around it was pretty apparent they were looking for something or someone in the woods.

The group now had a choice, if they were going to engage the guards or not, if they did it sooner rather than later they might have an opportunity to catch them off guard, or risk continuing moving on to try to avoid the encounter completely and hope they don't get noticed.

Zolgen's body stance suggested he was ready to engage if need be, and the Goblins had rallied around him.

IMG_0375.png 🛠️NAORI DESTIEEN 🗡️
Interactions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Lolory Lolory SixSense SixSense

“Sounds like a cult with quite the following, if there’s truly as many as you make them out to be then losing one isn’t too bad. I’ve lost more corpses due to not being able to ensure an environment in which they cannot decompose”

Now, he could potentially have the skills to turn them into constructs before they decompose or need to abandon them. A benefit he couldn’t deny to the jobs he had done thus far. He told Dreayth.

“No, I have not seen Neramo. Just Whizzie and Hiroshi, Neramo was absent likely elsewhere than the casino.”

Which in a way made sense but Neramo came off as anything but the type to not third wheel or try to ruin his brother’s date. When they saw the Ryke knights Naori didn’t waste a second brandishing his knife and darting into a sprint he then attempted to attack one of the knights with [Fighting style -Faux Innocence [D]. After all, can’t risk the authorities getting in the way of duty.

Actions:
1: run 20ft
2: run 20ft
3: attack a knight with [Fighting style -Faux Innocence [D]

Skill Used:
Fighting style -Faux Innocence- [D] - Aura [F] [Bloodlust] - Blight [Poison] [F],Incurable [F]- Naori stabs his victims with a posion laced blade, radiating the feeling of blood thirst.

ELVYRA HIGHWATER | Blackwell Vampire | VIP
The knight's sudden appearance certainly put a damper on their once easy plans. "Whatever they're looking for, they won't find." Elvyra said, she reached for her pistol, but then realized they'd need to keep this stealthy if they were going to get one over on the cultists. But the Knights might just ruin that plan entirely if they just barge on in there with no prior planning. Unfortunately there wasn't much time for her to think, as Naori had made the decision for all of them and attacked one of the guards.

Oh well, if sneaking was off the table, she guessed there'd be no issue with just letting loose a few rounds. She aimed for the guard Naori was attacking, and shot 2 rounds at him, aiming for his head. She had pretty [Steady Hands-F] so shooting was no issue for her at all.

Actions:
1. Shoot at the Guard Naori is attacking with [Blackwell Colt-E] + Steady Hands F

Mentions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Dreayth Dominatus Malus
PNFB6jM.png

Titles: Demon, Monster, Born for this, Offworlder, Abuser F, Murderer F

Joining up with a monster like Zolgen sounded like a tempting offer. Though his loyalty lies with his brothers and that would never change. The idea of having more muscle and a potential information network could prove useful. However, this would only hold if he lived up to his reputation. “Perhaps, however word of mouth alone isn’t enough to sway me.”

"I see, it seems like Neramo is always off doing his own thing, I suppose I'll see him when I see him. Nice to know Whizzie and the human man are alive." The monster nodded his head, as he

Elvyra’s words put a smile on Dreayths face, it seemed like everyone was on the same page and they understood the assignment. "Well well, let's see what you can do then."

The sight of the Ryke knights was unexpected yet welcomed, more bodies for the blood bath that would be transpiring today. Dreayth would spin his spear in anticipation alongside his co-workers, waiting for the knights to enter within striking range before leaping out from the darkness. His spear in hand and a bright smile on his face as he was about to take part in his favorite pastime.

Actions
1. Relentless assault (Fighting Style E, Penetrating F, Athletics F, energized F)Cooldown 0 post - Dreayth repeatedly strikes with his spear, chipping at his foes' defenses with each strike.

Nearly two years ago, she'd closed her hand and closed the locks on the wrought iron gate of her family's manor. The image of her white fist over the lock on the gate floated to the surface of her mind as she rode towards the wood, as fresh as the day it had happened. She'd sealed the house behind her hand. It was empty now. The ghosts were coming with her, clinging to her as an invisible mist. Her sister sat on her shoulder, whispering in her ear all the terrible things that they'd done. Her mother and her father swirled around her, moaning in despair, as ghosts are wont to do. The twins at her bosom, an uncle at her waist, an aunt tugging at her sleeve, there were too many to carry at once. She closed her eyes and took a breath, returning to the road and the forest and her horse. Word had come to her that a group of cultists had made a camp there. Perhaps the ones who'd murdered her family. Perhaps not. Only one way to know for sure. She nudged her horse into a trot without the faintest idea of what she was actually getting herself into.

Mentions: DarkKitsune DarkKitsune SixSense SixSense FebruaryGemini FebruaryGemini Lolory Lolory

Zolgen

“Well..two, one to eat, one to spread the word of what we did here..” He'd reply matter of fact to Naori.
===

Ryke Guard #1
Screenshot 2024-10-23 131728.png

The first Ryke guard looked surprised to see Naori running at them.

“You there halt immediately!”

Ryke Guard #2

Ryke Guard #2 looked up from whatever parchment piece they were holding and called out,

“That’s the suspect with the warrant! Apprehend him!”

All four of the guards drew their arming swords,

Ryke Guard #1 attempted to block Naori’s strike but due to Naori’s relative height, unassuming nature, and grade of attack, the guard was caught off guard with the relative oomph the young murderer brought to the fight, and found the dagger meeting his chest plate.

“AGH!” Ryke Guard #1 called out.

As he was going in to swing his arming sword in retaliation at Naori, suddenly a gun shot rang out, which alerted the other guards of just all of the other enemies who were cropping up around them.

He hadn’t been expecting the shot at all and was hit in the neck and right in the face, blood and other bits flying out before he fell and slumped over, some of the blood landing on Naori.

Ryke Guard #2 called out at #1 being fell, “No Fakih!”
Ryke Guard #3

Ryke Guard #3 looked around nervously with his sword drawn, noticing all the other enemies before he spotted Lady Von Turigney in the distance who was actually stumbling upon all of this violence which was starting to transpire.

“Miss, get out of here while you can! Go get help! We’ll try to hold this lot back as long as we can just run!” He’d call out to her, unaware of her more nefarious intentions for being there herself.

Both Ryke Guards #3 and #4 rushed forward toward the others, While Ryke Guard #2 went after Naori, and swiped at him with his sword from the right [X1 E Grade attack] and then swept at him again coming in from the left [X1 E Grade Attack]

Since Dreayth was in no hurry to attack, Zolgen figured he’d lie in wait too, and when Ryke Guard #3 got within Dreayth’s range, a flurry of spear strikes met him which he was only able to defend against a few of them before Dreayth was striking his armor viciously.

Ryke Guard #3 then tried to counter attack, his arming sword lighting up with a white yellowy light aura as he swung it at Dreayth [x1 E Grade Attack, Light Blight F)

Zolgen came in for the team up/assist and brought down his twin blades on Ryke Guard #3 with Linked F hitting him in the shoulder causing him to cry out in pain, but he still held his ground, trying to block even while injured.

Shortly after Zolgen helped create a follow up opening for Dreayth,

Ryke Guard #4

Ryke Guard #4 ran at Zolgen, his sword also lighting up with a white yellowy light aura which was more intense, and he called out with a “Dodge this you bastard!” [ X1 E grade Attack, Light Blight E]

Goblin Javelineers x5
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 11.47.32 PM.png

But it was at that point that the five goblin Javelineers ran out from behind the vegetation cackling sadistically before all five of them attempted to attack Ryke Guard #4 at one, multiple Javelins striking him. Ryke Guard #4 blocked three of them, one of the Goblin Javelineer’s Javelin’s even breaking in the process. However Ryke Guard #4 was unable to block two of them as two hit him in the torso, and he made a pained face.

“You made a grave mistake trying to hunt the hunters…” Zolgen spoke, with a dark chuckle as he made his way over to Ryke Guard #4, and brought down his Demonic cleaver sword with a great amount of force, near the man’s shoulder on the right arm, the one which was holding the sword, before he brought down his other sword in the same spot, and at that point Zolgen had completely cleaved the arm from the man’s body. Ryke Guard #4 cried out in pain as he instinctively reached out to hold where his arm had been removed more crimson spilling out from the wound.

"Probably shouldn't let that women get away.." Zolgen said to no one in particular, as he was getting ready for a follow up attack on Ryke Guard #4.

Situation Summary:

Naori strikes Ryke Guard #1 successfully with his D grade attack, piercing him in the chest plate with his dagger.

Elvyra finishes off Ryke Guard #1 with some well placed supportive gun shots.

Ryke Guard #2 moves to give Naori a retaliatory strike with two basic E Grade attacks with his sword.

Ryke Guards #3 and #4 rush Zolgen and Dreayth due to them being the closest, but Dreayth manages to catch Ryke Guard #3 somewhat off guard with his flurry of spear attacks, Zolgen moves in for the assist and create a counter attack opening for Dreayth on Ryke Guard #3 with a Linked F attack.

Zolgen’s goblins then attack Ryke Guard #4 with their Javelins and then Zolgen cut’s Ryke Guard #4’s sword arm clean off.

Lady Von Turginev is warned by the guard that she should flee the scene and get help.

Enemy Status:

Ryke Guard #1: Dead

Ryke Guard #2: Angered, healthy

Ryke Guard #3: Injured, vulnerable for next attack.

Ryke Guard #4: Severely injured, missing right arm, and stab wounds on torso.

The light that filtered through the trees turned to gold as the sun sank towards the horizon, and the evening birds began their calls. It was peaceful and pleasant. The lady found herself enjoying her ride despite the circumstances. It was warm enough that she had the hood of her cloak down, letting the gentle breeze play with the strands of blonde hair that escaped her braid. She knew better than to hope that her luck would extend to her quest, but as long as there were days like this she could quest as long as she needed to. She was almost tempted to imagine that she was out for a ride with her cousins, perhaps a picnic dinner. They would have challenged each other to a race, and Lady would have won by a country mile. Now, she'd slowed to a walk to allow the slowpokes the chance to catch up. When they did, they'd say something like, "Perhaps you'd like to carry basket then. Might slow you down." She would laugh with a mischievous glint in her eye and threaten to bolt again before accepting the basket and riding with them. Her sister and the older cousins would talk about married life and tease Cyllica, asking when her boy was going to propose. Then they would turn to her and ask when she would get a boy. The vision and her jovial mood vanished like smoke. She would get a boy as soon as she had enacted her revenge. And his only purpose would be to continue the family line.

Then she heard the sounds of fighting on the path ahead. The cultists already? And someone else had found them? There were cries of genuine pain. If this was sparring, they didn't feel the need to hold back. She loosened her rapier in its sheath and urged her horse on faster. If someone else had found them, she needed to arrive before her lead was dead. But, coming around the bend, she pulled her horse up short. These were official Ryke guards who appeared to have fallen into an ambush. One of them spotted her and tried to warn her away. “Miss, get out of here while you can! Go get help! We’ll try to hold this lot back as long as we can just run!”

Now she was faced with a dilemma. Help the Ryke guards? Or wait and see how this played out? If she helped the guards, she could earn points with the local authorities. They might have information or resources to help her on her quest. Or they could be stingy bastards. Getting help probably wouldn't ingratiate them enough. If she didn't get involved, one side or the other would win. If the guards won, she wouldn't be any better off. But, if the ambushers won, they might go after her next. She wore a simple, sturdy dress under her traveling cloak, and no jewelry, but she and her horse both looked healthy and well-fed. She must have some money on her, and everyone knew that she wouldn't be able to hold her own against so many. It would really help her to know why either of these parties were in the woods in the first place. What was the right move here? She needed to speak with someone. It made the most sense to speak with the victor. So, she sat straight-backed and stoic, waiting for the fight to resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back