• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UTOPIA! β˜…Β°β­’π•₯π•–π•žπ•‘π• π•£π•’π•£π•ͺ π• π• π•”β­’Β°β˜…

nova.the.alien

✩ space monarch ✩
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

INTRODUCTION

HELLO HELLO!! This is the temporary OOC thread for you to ask questions and chat with us until character acceptance! whenever that time comes, we will send you an invite link to the discord. (remember!! the discord is required!)

please note that if you're asking for help from a mod, that you should include all of us in your tags, or if you choose to reach out via dm instead, please make sure to include all of us. this increases the chances of your question getting answered quickly. mod usernames can be found in the informaton category of this code, just scroll down from the word "utopia".

we look forward to getting to know you and seeing what amazing characters you bring to the table! periodically, we will update everyone on the current taken powers, guild leaders, faceclaims, as well as update you on gender and guild numbers so that we can keep it even. (unaffiliated and non-mutants do not need to be even with the rest.)

HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT LINKS

INTEREST CHECK | CHARACTER APPS | GUILD RESOURCE | LOCATION RESOURCE | HISTORY RESOURCE

CURRENT GUILD & GENDER NUMBERS

GUILD NUMBERS
soto - 6
ragtag - 6
majestic - 5
greenfield - 3
tec - 5
demise - 6
myriad - 10
magpies - 4
red court - 6
rotech - 5
unaffiliated - 4
non-mutants - 3

GENDER NUMBERS
girls - 33
guys - 25
enbies - 5

CURRENT GUILD LEADER LIST

SOTO
captain: cassandra | samm
asst. capatin: ivina | rain

RAGTAG
captain: miles| arky
asst. captain: OPEN | @OPEN

MAJESTIC
captain: rowan | sunny
asst. captain: iggy | arky

GREENFIELD
captain: tatum | liz
asst. captain: archer | liam

TEC
captain: naomi | mina
asst. captain | samira| shady

DEMISE
captain: tempest | nova
asst. captain: rex | liam

MYRIAD
captain: julian | rain
asst. captain: viktor | mars

MAGPIES
leader: ruby | liz
asst. leader: callista | nova

RED COURT
leader: ichabod | nova
asst. leader: iphy | grace

ROTECH
leader: antonia | rain
asst. leader: silas | becca

CURRENT TAKEN POWER LIST

acid spit
animal manipulation
animal shapeshifting
artwork manifestation
astral projection
berserker
blindness inducement
blood manipulation
body switching
bone manipulation
botanokinesis
clairvoyance
dream manipulation
emotional manipulation
forcefields
glass transmutation
gold mimicry
gravity manipulation
hallucikinesis
healing
hydrokinesis
illusion manipulation
invisibility
limb regeneration
magic/reality manipulation
mediumship
memory manipulation
molecular manipulation
music manipulation
object manifestation
oxykinesis
pain impowerment
pain illusion
panmnesia
pestilence
phase shifting
posession
power
power nullification
power siphoning
probability manipulation
scan (data gathering & recollection)
scrying
self duplication
sensory deprivation
shade foresight
shape shifting
smoke manipulation
solid script omnilinguism
steel armor
string manipulation
super strength
telekinesis
teleportation
temperature manipulation
touch telepathy
vertigo inducement
vocal reality manipulation
voice mimicry
weather manipulation
zoolinguism

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
nova.the.alien nova.the.alien DreamBoy DreamBoy floralmoon floralmoon Lizy Lizy peachiepalette peachiepalette
Hello! I had a few questions:

1. Does that one power include all the necessary bodily changes to facilitate that power or would they still have a fully "human" body. Ex: Can someone with flight breathe in high altitudes or survive extremely cold temperatures?
2. How far does the "one power per character" rule stretch? The Flash, for example, is known for his superspeed but can also vibrate his molecules through objects, heal quickly, and at some point could travel through time. Obviously, I don't plan on doing anything crazy like time travel, but I wanted to know how far I can stretch the applications of something. Sentinel himself also appears to have two (or three depending on how you look at it) abilities. Is he an anomaly?
3. Are there any banned powers?

I have a few concepts in mind so this may help narrow it down :) Thank you!

nova.the.alien nova.the.alien DreamBoy DreamBoy floralmoon floralmoon Lizy Lizy peachiepalette peachiepalette
Hello! I had a few questions:

1. Does that one power include all the necessary bodily changes to facilitate that power or would they still have a fully "human" body. Ex: Can someone with flight breathe in high altitudes or survive extremely cold temperatures?
2. How far does the "one power per character" rule stretch? The Flash, for example, is known for his superspeed but can also vibrate his molecules through objects, heal quickly, and at some point could travel through time. Obviously, I don't plan on doing anything crazy like time travel, but I wanted to know how far I can stretch the applications of something. Sentinel himself also appears to have two (or three depending on how you look at it) abilities. Is he an anomaly?
3. Are there any banned powers?

I have a few concepts in mind so this may help narrow it down :) Thank you!
Hey there! Great questions!

Sentinel himself is an anomaly, so is one of our current characters (per mod approval). Not saying it isn't possible to have multiple powers, this is just meant to limit the snatching of multiple powers for one character in the spirit of sharing. If it's something that interests you then it can become a conversation and be left uo to the discretion of the mod team.

If there are side effects to a superpower (being able to survive high altitudes when flying, being able to breathe underwater with water control powers, etc) then those are allowed and would be considered part of the power as a whole.

As for something like the flash, that seems to be an amalgamation of powers we wouldn't necessarily be open to (Marvel and DC can create OP characters, but in the spirit of fairness we do try to keep a certain level of limitations). Though if the power was vibrating molecules and you used that as a means to perform super speed and phasing, that would be another discussion in of itself.

There are no banned powers that we are aware of, but if we are concerned with a power being OP we will not hesitate to reach out and identify a compromise. Every character MUST be beatable. And not just by one tiny little kryptonite. If that makes any sense at all?

If you are currently having any concerns about your choice in power, feel free to ask the mods about it either in this thread or through a DM and we will be more than happy to provide some clarity and work with you to find a solution (if we don't approve of the power, of course).

Hey there! Great questions!

Sentinel himself is an anomaly, so is one of our current characters (per mod approval). Not saying it isn't possible to have multiple powers, this is just meant to limit the snatching of multiple powers for one character in the spirit of sharing. If it's something that interests you then it can become a conversation and be left uo to the discretion of the mod team.

If there are side effects to a superpower (being able to survive high altitudes when flying, being able to breathe underwater with water control powers, etc) then those are allowed and would be considered part of the power as a whole.

As for something like the flash, that seems to be an amalgamation of powers we wouldn't necessarily be open to (Marvel and DC can create OP characters, but in the spirit of fairness we do try to keep a certain level of limitations). Though if the power was vibrating molecules and you used that as a means to perform super speed and phasing, that would be another discussion in of itself.

There are no banned powers that we are aware of, but if we are concerned with a power being OP we will not hesitate to reach out and identify a compromise. Every character MUST be beatable. And not just by one tiny little kryptonite. If that makes any sense at all?

If you are currently having any concerns about your choice in power, feel free to ask the mods about it either in this thread or through a DM and we will be more than happy to provide some clarity and work with you to find a solution (if we don't approve of the power, of course).

That makes a lot of sense thank you! I also ask because I've narrowed down my power choices to the following:

-Event nullification (undoing back events in a given space, so similar to Orihime from Bleach or Dr. Strange, though with a much smaller radius and time frame)
-String manipulation/generation
-Kinetic Energy Manipulation
-Suppression

So if any of these are out of bounds let me know!

That makes a lot of sense thank you! I also ask because I've narrowed down my power choices to the following:

-Event nullification (undoing back events in a given space, so similar to Orihime from Bleach or Dr. Strange, though with a much smaller radius and time frame)
-String manipulation/generation
-Kinetic Energy Manipulation
-Suppression

So if any of these are out of bounds let me know!
Event nullification I think sounds like a really cool idea! We would allow that so long as you maintain communication with scene partners so everyone is on the same page and you don't spring it on them without them being aware; since it would heavily affect their characters and choices!

Suppression-- if you mean power suppression we do already have a character that essentially has power nullification. Please let me know if you feel that these powers would function differently.

String manipulation and generation I think would perhaps need to be a more in depth convo with myself and the mod team just so we can all ensure we are on the same page about it.

And Kinetic Energy Manipulation is 100% allowed.

If yall know the guild you want your character to be in, including that in the placeholder or just letting us GM's know can help us out a little bit with planning, and can help people brainstorming with keeping things even.
Current numbers including accepted characters and placeholders that have guilds:
SOTO 4
TEC4
magpies3
Romeratech4
demise4
ragtag4
majestic5
greenfield 2
TRC6
myriad8
none4

please plan accordingly! We're also getting a bit heavy on gals.

For anyone planning a character and struggling with power ideas that aren't taken, here is a non-exhaustive list of ideas that as far as I know are unclaimed:

• muscle memory: they see someone do something, and can replicate it
  • anything time related, slowing down time so they can process something, pausing or rewinding time, this can get complicated but is on the table
  • elemental: theres a few unclaimed elemental type powers including fire
  • I haven't seen anyone propose plant growth/control
  • scrying or astral projection, allowing your character to see whats happening elsewhere
  • putting others to sleep on command
  • The power to temporarily incorporate the physical traits or abilities of animals or other people
  • shadow limb generation
  • The ability to create small, pocket-sized dimensions where items or people can be stored or hidden.
  • gravity manipulation
  • power or control enhancement, help those around you harness their own powers
  • a Wolverine sort of situation with the metal bones, or even control over ones own bones in some body horror esque ways
  • stretchy or liquified body
  • limb detachment? Idk something like what buggy the clown has going on?
  • gravity manipulation
  • a pushing daisies situation
  • size altering
  • some sort of beast form?
  • x-ray vision
  • enhanced hearing
  • supernatural aim
  • we have a magic user but there's probably some witchcraft or necromancy stuff up for the exploring
  • force fields
  • wall/ceiling crawling
  • jump real good
  • can eat anything (ANYTHING)
this is simply what imminently comes to mind or things I think would be fun to see! The sky is the limit but if you're struggling this might be somewhere to start

So I'm gonna do that power manipulation character idea. The character would fit that criteria of "help those around you harness their own powers", DreamBoy DreamBoy had

Actively working on my character Kai, but for the time being I put up a placeholder. I'm praying hoping I didn't encroach on anyone's power (I can change no problem) and that the fc i chose wasn't already claimed 😭

Actively working on my character Kai, but for the time being I put up a placeholder. I'm praying hoping I didn't encroach on anyone's power (I can change no problem) and that the fc i chose wasn't already claimed 😭
it looks like there's a placeholder with modestcube unfortunately but we could look for someone with similar vibes as an alternate?

we also have a placeholder that says oxykinesis up so it looks like maybe you and Loomis Loomis could exchange ideas and see if you guys are on the same page or if you could differentiate your powers. We have a limit of two mutants per power I think it would just be good to chat with each other so you aren't stepping on toes or anything, I'm really liking the vibes so far though!

i don't mind someone having the same power as vivianne.

what i have in mind for her power so far is that she can take away the air someone breathes, but the more people she uses it on or the longer she does it, it starts to affect her as well. haven't decided exactly how - still fleshing things out.

updated her CS a tad. will have more done tonight/tomorrow.

it looks like there's a placeholder with modestcube unfortunately but we could look for someone with similar vibes as an alternate?

we also have a placeholder that says oxykinesis up so it looks like maybe you and Loomis Loomis could exchange ideas and see if you guys are on the same page or if you could differentiate your powers. We have a limit of two mutants per power I think it would just be good to chat with each other so you aren't stepping on toes or anything, I'm really liking the vibes so far though!

I should have figured Booboo would be claimed already and as he should. He's amazing. Has anyone laid a claim to Ryan Potter? πŸ‘€ He has similar vibes enough for me to keep the same idea
i don't mind someone having the same power as vivianne.

what i have in mind for her power so far is that she can take away the air someone breathes, but the more people she uses it on or the longer she does it, it starts to affect her as well. haven't decided exactly how - still fleshing things out.

updated her CS a tad. will have more done tonight/tomorrow.
Oh that's perfect! I was aiming for more general use of wind for Kai. My idea fell more with him using wind to help him ride the airwaves via a special hoverboard that responds well to wind. Alternatively I might think of airwave manipulation; but I know Kais power is definitely anything close to robbing those of oxygen 😁

I should have figured Booboo would be claimed already and as he should. He's amazing. Has anyone laid a claim to Ryan Potter? πŸ‘€ He has similar vibes enough for me to keep the same idea
Oh that's perfect! I was aiming for more general use of wind for Kai. My idea fell more with him using wind to help him ride the airwaves via a special hoverboard that responds well to wind. Alternatively I might think of airwave manipulation; but I know Kais power is definitely anything close to robbing those of oxygen 😁
This sounds really fun! I don't think Ryan potter is on my claimed list so you should be good to go :)

Hey yall, we're still working on evening out guilds so I'm here to remind everyone
1. One character per group, including non-mutants, unaffiliated, and each guild

2. There are some leadership positions still open! Including Soto leader and I think maybe the the ragtag assistant leader. For inspiration you could definitely check out some of the completed characters from those guilds

hiii! i have the claim on modestcube / trevor schmidty (youtuber/streamer), but i noticed the placeholder you had wasn’t a pic of him, i think. if your placeholder was for booboo stewart (it’s hard to tell, my phone is severely cracked lol) i haven’t taken him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back