Other Unpopular Opinions

Fairy Tail is awesome and deserves to sand beside Naruto and Bleach as peak classic shonen.

I wanna add to this and say that Natsu soncerely is one of the best shounen protagonists in modern times. He's loyal but still selfish, kinda and determined but still heavily flawed. He also respects Lucy, holds her to a high regard, and treats her like his partner.

Just peak.

Off topic, but my unpopular opinion is is that Gon is the perfect protagonist for HXH; seeing this world through his eyes made it way more enjoyable and felt more lively than most of the other cast, with Leorio as a close second.

The Star Wars sequels aren't terrible movies and are actually watchable, and are still preferable to most of the storylines in Legends, which would not have translated well into film form. Especially not the Yuuzhan Vong storyline.

Hating Canon x OC isn't necessarily enlightened on your end. It might be bad luck, aka, partners you get that don't allow input on your end for plot and other stuff.

It could also be self-insert power-fantasy characters you have been presented.

Also... you might just be plain not that good at embodying Canon characters.

I hate chocolate cake but I like brownies. I swear there's a difference.

I don’t like all this new technology, sure it’s helpful, but I prefer old stuff, such as my cd Walkman and more.
Also bring back console games that used to take up Mbs not GBs I miss those old days.

Character AI is better than most RPers you will encounter on many forums.

Also less specific

I can see a couple of interpretations of that, both of them true.

Do you mean less specific as in it cannot address a specific roleplay concept? Sure, but on the other hand in a short period of time I had an Admiral Ackbar bot up and running on the Talkie app my kid was using and had it engaged in a really good space battle narrative.

Or did you mean, less specific as in the bot doesn't have any preference for a specific story/trope?

Or something else? Just curious.

I can see a couple of interpretations of that, both of them true.

Do you mean less specific as in it cannot address a specific roleplay concept? Sure, but on the other hand in a short period of time I had an Admiral Ackbar bot up and running on the Talkie app my kid was using and had it engaged in a really good space battle narrative.

Or did you mean, less specific as in the bot doesn't have any preference for a specific story/trope?

Or something else? Just curious.
More like it doesn’t have a preference in gender, age or reply length, UNLIKE some of the other posts on here.

More like it doesn’t have a preference in gender, age or reply length, UNLIKE some of the other posts on here.

I agree on all except the length...I haven't dealt with a chatbot that can deliver response that most would consider 'multi paragraph'. Which is by far my preference.

Most of that is because if I have to wait days in between responses I want something substantial to create a substantial reply to.

The availability of the AI chatbot to RP on demand for as long or as short a time window as you have is very appealing.

I don't like peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches, or just together. I like peanut butter, I like jelly. BUT when you mix them they taste terrible, and I've never understood how so many people love it.

Astarion (from the critically acclaimed role-playing game known as Baldur's Gate 3, just in case) is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen in fiction and I'd rather romance a hobgoblin than his slimy ass.

I think this has become less unpopular with time, but I hate big age gaps in YA fantasy. Like, a character who is 16 should not be dating a character who is way older than them. Honestly two years is my limit for age gaps.

I think this has become less unpopular with time, but I hate big age gaps in YA fantasy. Like, a character who is 16 should not be dating a character who is way older than them. Honestly two years is my limit for age gaps.
For age gaps it's important to consider the age of both people involved. 4 years between 16 and 20 is pretty weird but 4 years between 29 and 33 is no big deal if you ask me. The reason for this is both mathematical (the older you are the less that same length of time means in the context of your life) and related to various milestones/breakpoints in people's lives, such as reaching the age of consent or leaving school to go spend the rest of one's days making rich people money in exchange for the privilege of not starving to death.

For age gaps it's important to consider the age of both people involved. 4 years between 16 and 20 is pretty weird but 4 years between 29 and 33 is no big deal if you ask me. The reason for this is both mathematical (the older you are the less that same length of time means in the context of your life) and related to various milestones/breakpoints in people's lives, such as reaching the age of consent or leaving school to go spend the rest of one's days making rich people money in exchange for the privilege of not starving to death.

I have to agree.

For example, in historical RP's covering real world ye olden day settings and timelines, it was not at all uncommon for men in their 30's/40's to marry girls who were between the ages of 14-18 (sometimes even younger than 14 depending on exactly what time period we're talking about). It was considered normal back then for this to be the case, and it was commonly done so for both biological and economic reasons, among others.

Another example is political marriages. Like a young princess (16 for sake of argument) being married off by her family to a nobleman who's in his 40's because the Prince (who is older than her and by birth has the greater right to the throne) is already set to take the throne making the princess politically irrelevant.

There are numerous other reasons for age gaps as well, and sometimes it's as simple as the fact that love transcends the number that is one's age. There's a reason that saying "age is just a number" exists, after all. Lol.

So long as it's presented in an appropriate manner I personally don't feel age gaps are any sort of weird. Also, this might just be my own experience with the subject, but I can't ever recall a time where age gaps were ever considered "unpopular" either in roleplay, mainstream media (like manga, anime, tv, film, video games, etc), or even in real life.

Anywhoosle, that's just me.

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Unpopular Opinion #1: Pasta is life. I will accept no arguments.

Unpopular Opinion #2: As much as I loved it when it first came out, I now think The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is highly overrated (and about as "deep" as a puddle on the sidewalk after a light drizzle) and is only alive and talked about today because of the modding community (and the fact that Bethesda keeps re-releasing it with the unabashed gall to demand payment for doing so; seriously, any re-releases should be free updates at this point).

Unpopular Opinion #3
: Modern day sports are not rigged, but the integrity of the games are highly compromised due to the legalization of gambling on the outcomes and the fact that all of the major sport owners (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc) hire refs as part-time workers instead of full-time employees with competitive pay and benefits packages, and they aren't training the officials properly which results in the quality of their judgement going down the drain which makes the outcomes questionable and pisses of the fans time and time again.

Unpopular Opinion #4 (and the only one related to writing/roleplay): The quality of one's written content comes from being a good writer, I.E. having a strong understanding of the craft of storytelling and all of the elements which go into it. Period.

Cheers!!

- GojiBean

1. Stanley cups are overrated.
2. Taking Ozempic or Wegovy for weight loss (as opposed to Diabetes) feels like cheating, especially when there was a shortage. Like you didn't go on a weight loss journey, you had a $1400 fast pass.

I'm becoming slightly peeved about the fact people call any game where the combat is hard but death is not the end a "soulslike". From Software didn't invent that formula. Why don't we start calling all alternative rock Pixieslikes and all fantasy LOTRlikes while we're at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back