• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Tossed Salad - Y2

How would you like your roommates designated?

• Same Sex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opposite Sex

• Completely Random [either same/opposite based on chance]

• Total voters
Aato said:
(*Sorry it took so long to reply. I didn't even realize you had posted last Monday.*)
Cortez noted Minjae's excitement and tried to recall if he had been the same way last year. The school experience wasn't as elating as it had been. He'd actually probably be a little behind when he went back to schooling in Cuba; he'd already be in the American equivalent of college. Then again, there was a lot to still be excited about even in his second year. The Korean boy was very right about meeting new people; you never knew who you were going to meet from where.

Before he knew it, the bell was ringing. The students all rushed out of their seats, placing their sheets in a semi-sloppy pile on the teacher's desk on the way out the door. After putting leftover things into his bag, Cortez stood from his desk more slowly than the other students. He hiked his bag up on his back, then picked up the paper he was to turn in and took it to the teacher's desk.

Once he and Minjae made it out the door, he further explained, "Yuki is from Japan... We have our next class together. She just had math. I told her I'd help her around the school, so I'm going to meet her so we can walk together... Which also means you'll get to meet her soon." He smiled. "Check your schedule. Maybe we'll all have class together next."

It wasn't long before they made it through the hall of bustling children and came to the door of the classroom where Cortez had left Yuki.

@Ami the breadling

(*Sorry if that's a bit loopy. I tried. Have a bit of a headache. You can decide what you want the next class to be or if you even want Minjae to have class with Tez and Yuki. Or... we could always time skip to after school. I think it's safe to say the three of us can make the rules now.*)
@Vitez

Yuki was quiet during the whole class and damn that was hard. The fact she had nobody to talk to was hard on her. And the fact that it was math didn't make it better. Yuki was very good in math, but she hated it. It was so boring.

Just when she was about to freak out, the bell rung and let her to freedom. She ran out of the class, just to bump into Cortez. As she was not fast or heavy enough, he would not fall from that, though. "CORTEZ!", she happily exclaimed.

Others were still rushing out the classroom when he was suddenly bumped into and stumbled back a bit. He heard that unique voice excitedly call his name. "'Ey, chica," he chuckled lightly, "first class down, three to go. Make any friends?" At the mention of friends, he soon stepped to the side and gestured his hands toward Minjae. "This is Minjae. We met in my last class. He's also part of the program," he introduced. "Minjae," he started, turning to look at the other male, "this is Yuki," he gestured back to her.

@Ami the breadling

Minjae

BTS-Jin-bts-35232296-500-333.jpg

"Yuki is from Japan... We have our next class together. She just had math. I told her I'd help her around the school, so I'm going to meet her so we can walk together... Which also means you'll get to meet her soon." Cortez said. Minjae was right, Yuki is from Japan. Koreans typically are not fond of Japanese people due to the troubled history between the two nations. Japan had colonized Korea from the early 1900s until the end of WWII, and the Japanese were not kind to the Korean people. During the colonization, Japan attempted to wipe out Korean culture. Only Japanese was taught in schools, and Korean history was omitted from the curriculum. Minjae's grandmother still felt more comfortable speaking in Japanese than Korean, her own native language. The Japanese were also not kind to Korean women, often forcing them into prostitution for the "comfort" of the Japanese soldiers. This bitter history has caused animosity between Koreans and Japanese that still exists in South Korea today.

However, Minjae did not think the same way his family did. He was curious about the people of Japan, despite all the things he had been told. Surely the people were sorry. Surely they couldn't ALL be that bad. Perhaps it was his naivety, but Minjae was genuinely looking forward to getting to know Yuki and her culture. His elders would be appalled, and if her were still in Korea he would have to obey their orders. Luckily, he is in the United States, where the young are not dominated by the elder.

Minjae gets pulled out of his thoughts by a high, slightly squeaky voice that cuts through the clamor of the hallway. "CORTEZ!" A small, Asian girl, presumably Yuki, squeals as she bumps into Cortez. "This is Minjae. We met in my last class. He's also part of the program, Minjae, this is Yuki" Cortez introduces them. Minjae looks at Yuki, blushing slightly and waving. "??," He says out of habit, bowing slightly. "I'm Minjae, from South Korea. I am pleased to meet you. I know our countries have had some trouble in the past, but I am very excited to learn more about your culture..and you." He hopes that doesn't sound overly awkward, but she is foreign too so she understands the struggle of words, phrases, languages, really, that don't translate. Meeting her eyes, he waits for her response.

@Ami the breadling

@Aato

Vitez said:
Minjae
BTS-Jin-bts-35232296-500-333.jpg

"Yuki is from Japan... We have our next class together. She just had math. I told her I'd help her around the school, so I'm going to meet her so we can walk together... Which also means you'll get to meet her soon." Cortez said. Minjae was right, Yuki is from Japan. Koreans typically are not fond of Japanese people due to the troubled history between the two nations. Japan had colonized Korea from the early 1900s until the end of WWII, and the Japanese were not kind to the Korean people. During the colonization, Japan attempted to wipe out Korean culture. Only Japanese was taught in schools, and Korean history was omitted from the curriculum. Minjae's grandmother still felt more comfortable speaking in Japanese than Korean, her own native language. The Japanese were also not kind to Korean women, often forcing them into prostitution for the "comfort" of the Japanese soldiers. This bitter history has caused animosity between Koreans and Japanese that still exists in South Korea today.

However, Minjae did not think the same way his family did. He was curious about the people of Japan, despite all the things he had been told. Surely the people were sorry. Surely they couldn't ALL be that bad. Perhaps it was his naivety, but Minjae was genuinely looking forward to getting to know Yuki and her culture. His elders would be appalled, and if her were still in Korea he would have to obey their orders. Luckily, he is in the United States, where the young are not dominated by the elder.

Minjae gets pulled out of his thoughts by a high, slightly squeaky voice that cuts through the clamor of the hallway. "CORTEZ!" A small, Asian girl, presumably Yuki, squeals as she bumps into Cortez. "This is Minjae. We met in my last class. He's also part of the program, Minjae, this is Yuki" Cortez introduces them. Minjae looks at Yuki, blushing slightly and waving. "??," He says out of habit, bowing slightly. "I'm Minjae, from South Korea. I am pleased to meet you. I know our countries have had some trouble in the past, but I am very excited to learn more about your culture..and you." He hopes that doesn't sound overly awkward, but she is foreign too so she understands the struggle of words, phrases, languages, really, that don't translate. Meeting her eyes, he waits for her response.

@Ami the breadling

@Aato
Yuki happily waved at the new person she had met. She was about to be embarrassed about to voice, when she realized he must've already heard it. So she decided to ignore that her voice was squeaky and high pitched. "Hi. I am Yuki. Well, actually my name is Yukari, but Yuki is fine. Also, I suck at history. So I have absolutely no idea what happened between Korea and Japan.", she said and laughed a bit. Then she turned to Cortez and hugged him again. "I didn't say anything to anyone this class... They would have laughed. Also I am bad at math..."

Aato said:
Others were still rushing out the classroom when he was suddenly bumped into and stumbled back a bit. He heard that unique voice excitedly call his name. "'Ey, chica," he chuckled lightly, "first class down, three to go. Make any friends?" At the mention of friends, he soon stepped to the side and gestured his hands toward Minjae. "This is Minjae. We met in my last class. He's also part of the program," he introduced. "Minjae," he started, turning to look at the other male, "this is Yuki," he gestured back to her.
@Vitez ; @Ami the breadling

Minjae

jin_bts_782987.jpg

"Hi. I am Yuki. Well, actually my name is Yukari, but Yuki is fine. Also, I suck at history. So I have absolutely no idea what happened between Korea and Japan." The girl replies. Minjae can't help but be a little aggravated that Yuki doesn't know what happened between their homelands. It pains him to think it, but perhaps the elders are right about the Japanese people. He hopes his disappointment and aggravation don't show on his face, for the sake of the girl's feelings. He decides that maybe he and Yuki won't get very close after all.

Minjae can not believe that Yuki does not know what happened between the countries. Surely they were taught an accurate history of Japan in schools? If a failure to recognize history can make relations frosty between two entire countries and foster a dislike for decades, it can definitely create a barrier between two people. He would be deeply offending his elders and his ancestors, not to mention breaking numerous strict social codes if he continued associating with this girl. So he won't. He knows it is the right thing to do, otherwise he would be dishonoring his ancestors' suffering. And there was no way he would ever do that.

"Oh," Is really the only thing he can say as he breaks eye contact to look at the ground, his body language adjusting to signal an end to the conversation. He looks at Cortez, waiting for him to continue the conversation with Yuki and hopefully not involve Minjae.

@Ami the breadling

@Aato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back