• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Time of Demise

Something Cool

Last FartBender
Time of Demise: Accursed Fate

This RP is highly WIP, and only a mechanic and a piece of the story has been created. I am a total newb at making and moderating RPs, but I hope I can learn from the joiners, and just by experience. I have made a couple, and have had a few successful attempts on another site. Of course, now that I have moved to here, a new level of skill is being demanded, and I might just have that.

This RP's core mechanic is time. Every action, like moving around the world or attacking will take away from the character's time. Time is running out, and everyone has a different amount of time left. Doing anything will take away time, and being hurt will take away even more. It kind of acts as a mana pool, and can be regained, but not with time. Completing tasks and killing creatures designated my Father Time can help regain time.

Story:

Violence everywhere. If Humans were truly intelligent, why would they be trying to kill of its own kind? Father Time is done with this. Humans are not worth time, thus it is now being taken away. But, he still wants to have fun with this. He is giving them time. Time to save themselves from their impending doom. They have received powers and a form of immortality along with a present. An app now present on everyone's phone is the key to their survival. It tracks how much time they have left, ways to gain more, and ways to gain power. Now, you and many others are set on a quest to save the human race, or find ways to destroy it. Life has been reduced to somewhat of a game, but that doesn't mean it is a game.

Mechanics:

Time- Every action, every post other than talking and ooc is seen as an action. Walking, looking, and many other minor things like picking up objects will cost 1 second. Attacks and other things will cost much more.

Time is split into seconds, minutes, hours and lastly, days. Earning time will be done by doing tasks set by Father Time, and usually, you will gain more time than spent, but always remember, sometimes it won't be worth it to do a mission. Missions will be posted on another tab... uh, hopefully, and can be taken any time, and the first to call it gets it. Parties can be formed to take on the task together, and split the rewards, or on special occasions, receive the full reward.

Time can be used to purchase things, ranging from skills, weapons, and services from other "players." It works as experience, money, health, and magic. It is used for almost everything. Use it wisely. For example, if a quest's reward is only a bit more than what it takes to complete, it is not worth doing for a more experienced "player."

Combat is sort of turn based, but much more descriptive. All you need to do to activate a skill is to put it into a sentence. To be valid, a sentence has to have a target and an action. An example of this is,

"Attempting to take the ghoul by surprise, I readied a fireball to launch."

Notice how it never says that it does, as it is not determined by you if it succeeds, but most likely a flip of a coin or a dice roll. The damage dealt is measured by the amount of time you use for the attack. This means you can fill a lot of points into an attack, but be careful, because you may end up missing.

If you fully lose all of your time, you will die, and you will have to make a new character to continue participating.

Closing Statement:

I know this may have many have many flaws, but I really believe this can be great! I hope you guys/girls wanna participate in crafting an amazing story!

Please post if you are in any way interested in this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back