• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy  ◞ fields of *: trouvaille

are you playing fields of mistria yet???

• YESSS

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • no..........

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
i hope everyone had a chill weekend! all apps have been reviewed, and we still have roles available~

I'm interested, but would it be possible to play as the village 'villain'? I'd love the idea of playing the towns (thematically and aesthetically appropriate) criminal element. Maybe the incompetent highway man (or men, i have a thing for idiotic/comedic brotherly duos) who hide out in the ruins or the roads, or a snake-oil salesman who's run out of town every other week, only to return with a new miracle cure that totally works this time. Like, still appropriate to the theme your giving off and all that

I'm interested, but would it be possible to play as the village 'villain'? I'd love the idea of playing the towns (thematically and aesthetically appropriate) criminal element. Maybe the incompetent highway man (or men, i have a thing for idiotic/comedic brotherly duos) who hide out in the ruins or the roads, or a snake-oil salesman who's run out of town every other week, only to return with a new miracle cure that totally works this time. Like, still appropriate to the theme your giving off and all that
Mmm I'm not entirely opposed to it, but many of the scenes will center of town e events and collaboration so I'm not 100% confident in how easily a villain in that sense can be incorporated. Unless maybe they're more of a comedic character? Like, the merchant role trying to swindle the cast in this time of need. Shows up all the time at town meetings and festivals and the like. I'm not opposed to a villain, I just need them to be compatible with the story so it doesn't end up being like "oh well he's a bad guy, so he wouldn't show up to this" and then the character is just..... absent LMAO

Mmm I'm not entirely opposed to it, but many of the scenes will center of town e events and collaboration so I'm not 100% confident in how easily a villain in that sense can be incorporated. Unless maybe they're more of a comedic character? Like, the merchant role trying to swindle the cast in this time of need. Shows up all the time at town meetings and festivals and the like. I'm not opposed to a villain, I just need them to be compatible with the story so it doesn't end up being like "oh well he's a bad guy, so he wouldn't show up to this" and then the character is just..... absent LMAO
No I get you, but the comedic angle is what I was aiming for! Like, they're wanted criminal(s), and they accost the townsfolk and 'break the law' but... their ultimately harmless. Their schemes blow up in their face or they're so incompetent they rarely actually are able to do anything of severe consequence. They're more misanthropic bullies than criminals, but insist on the title and get-up.

No I get you, but the comedic angle is what I was aiming for! Like, they're wanted criminal(s), and they accost the townsfolk and 'break the law' but... their ultimately harmless. Their schemes blow up in their face or they're so incompetent they rarely actually are able to do anything of severe consequence. They're more misanthropic bullies than criminals, but insist on the title and get-up.
I like that! I think the best role for it can be merchant, and maybe it's a title they often give themselves during their schemes. It is one character per person, but you can incorporate npcs into their schemes so long as they aren't written as primary characters~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back