Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunar

• Sidereal

• Dragon-Blooded

• Total voters
The explanation that I ran across on the White Wolf forum was that the Dragon Kings had something to play with that. Their kind of like anckers, in that groups of individual Dragon-Kings could only be in one alternate world at a time. So, If Fred, this name is purely arbetrary, is in one alternate, then he can't be in any other. When the world wa fixed, all the alternates become one reality, some of the beings that were in their individual realities came with them. these were mostly mortals, but a few other things came through as well. This supposidly came out of an Inc Monkey selection, so please take it with a gram of salt.

Since the rest of it jives with everything else I've heard about the period, there might be some truth to it. I can't say one way or the other.

Color me interested. If anything, I do like the idea of the interaction between Exalts during that time being rewritten a little when the timelines merge again. I'm guessing that the fact that the person is Exalted is what gets wiped rather than the interaction itself?

1) Chosen of Journeys, previously an actor in a traveling theatre troupe who now uses his skill at portraying others in his RDs. May also have had the balls to create an RD that was a son of Mercury herself...and have her approve of it.

2) Dragon-Blooded (either Water or Fire, I think) of an up-and-coming gens, only recently given the honor of acting as a bodyguard to a newly Exalted Twilight.

3) The aforementioned Twilight, a natural linguist who has honed in on the power of words and the effects they have on sorcery. Don't remember if the Silurian School is a thing at that point, but if not they'd be following those lines of thought on their own.

Not only the fact that they're Exalted, but most likely all defining characteristics. Aside from the faint hint of deja-vu, there'll be no sense that the PC's were ever together.

I'm really liking the concepts so far, folks. Let me get a handle on how I'm going to run things and then I'll get back to you with character generation details. Might be anywhere from a couple days to a week, so don't get too excited just yet.

Just to clarify, in case anyone was confused: I will not be selecting players from these interest/concept posts. This is just so I can get an idea of the number of folks interested and the totals of primary interest in each Exalt type. I will do the actual selections from your character submissions.

Hrm. Can only offer to play a Solar. Initially considered reviving a Western Zenith (Sail, Occult). He's a storykeeper and teller in the Second Age, so I guess he'd be a storymaker in the First Age.

I have a tendency to stick with the Zenith caste though. Willing to change it up and go with a Dawn or Night.

I might be tempted to play a First Age Lunar awww jeah. Preferably bonded to one of the other Solar players for extra RP depth. But this is only tentative on the priviso I can come up with a fitting First Age Lunar concept :D (and is only my 2nd Lunar ever)

EDIT: Lunar's don't have moonsilver tattoos in the first age - are they still pretty much immune to the Wyld and Shaping effects?

No, Lunars don't have the same blanket immunity to the Wyld. They need Charms to gain that. However, they do get a 2-die bonus on any attempts to defend against shaping attacks/effects targeting them.

Having read DoTF and then the many restrictions on character creation AND character progression, I will pass on this game. My apologies for wasting your time, ST.

MrSerious said:
Having read DoTF and then the many restrictions on character creation AND character progression, I will pass on this game. My apologies for wasting your time, ST.
There's restrictions on First Age Exalts in DoTF?

Was talking about the restrictions on character creation and progression that the ST wants to implement.

Your attention please, as this site has added a new dice system, and as I don't know as of yet it's coding system, I will be unable to join any game until Ihave a grasp of it's workings. I thank you for your time.

It takes all of 4 minutes to learn the new dice system. the hardest part is linking things back to the posts, which is partly why it takes 4 minutes.

[dice]113[/dice]

solyrflair,, please don’t take this the wrong way, but I am blind. Hence my screen name as “Sightless.” I interact with the computer via a screen-reader. The very nature of which interacts with the internet rather differently than a user of a Graphical User Interface. As a consequence, I often have to understand things from a more code oriented perspective, than a simple link based issue. I’m attempting to figure out some features of the site, including the dice roller, but don’t know how long that will take. I don’t want to disrupt anything, or force anyone any undo difficulties as a consequence. That is why I made my post. I hope that you read this in the spirit it was intended, which is simply a source of information, and nothing more, most respectfully, Sightless.

Sightless said:
solyrflair,, please don’t take this the wrong way, but I am blind. Hence my screen name as “Sightless.” I interact with the computer via a screen-reader. The very nature of which interacts with the internet rather differently than a user of a Graphical User Interface. As a consequence, I often have to understand things from a more code oriented perspective, than a simple link based issue. I’m attempting to figure out some features of the site, including the dice roller, but don’t know how long that will take. I don’t want to disrupt anything, or force anyone any undo difficulties as a consequence. That is why I made my post. I hope that you read this in the spirit it was intended, which is simply a source of information, and nothing more, most respectfully, Sightless.
No problem at all, man, I perfectly understand. If you do want to apply, however, I would be happy to make accommodations for you in the instance that you were one of the five I selected. At the moment, I'm not sure there's a way to manipulate the code of a post to add a dice roll, but there may be. If we can't figure it out, I'd be happy to make rolls for you or let you make the rolls somewhere else.

sightless, sorry, didn't know. Things could be a little tougher for you. Only thing I could suggest is to try things out and check what happens. Not sure how tabs would work in this site, but the dice roller is pretty simple. I was pretty happy to find that the dice roller will actually display properly on my iPad. I stopped using the dice roller because it wouldn't display the dice rolled. Now it is useable.

You could also try Invisible Castle as a dice roller. Lots of others use it. But the site works very similar to the new dice roller. Try that and see.

I'm going to have to duck out of this, sadly. Real life issues make it hard to keep up with posting in the games I'm already in, let alone new ones. Sorry about that.

Just a general update:

I've found two of the necesary hooks, but need to find the end pair before I can hear the full text of the language. The good news is that I've a pretty good idea where they are; bad news is that It'll still probably take me another day or so before I locate them precisely. From there we can begin the acid test of adding lines for actuall roles.

If any of you are reading this and thinking, this doesn't sound so easy, I've only got to point and click with my mouse, be glad. This advantage means you don't have to do any of the things I just mentioned. Behold the power of GYI. Thanks for your attention, respectfully, Sightless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back