The Voices in the Walls(Gyvierre College) OoC

Nah, she'll probably figure it out by the time she gets halfway through the year. Plus, she still does have magic of her own, y'know. It's not like she's got nothing but science. After all, how would she conduct experiments using magic and science together if she lacked them magic? xD

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Nah, she'll probably figure it out by the time she gets halfway through the year. Plus, she still does have magic of her own, y'know. It's not like she's got nothing but science. After all, how would she conduct experiments using magic and science together if she lacked them magic? xD

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Indeed, she would need to be able to pass her previous years to skip all the way to seventh. Your character is kind of a prodigy though :P I'll just see how it turns out.

Basically, all there was to her life was magic and science, so it wouldn't be all that unlikely for her to be a prodigy in the worlds of science and magic. She'll still clearly have her limits or other factors that would balance out her prodigy status though, like for instance she'd either have some major limits to her actual magic capabilities that makes her have to use science to really get any further than maybe skipping a single grade in a magic class, or she'll just be the kind of person who uses their knowledge for their own secluded purposes that don't really affect others in any way unless necessary.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Basically, all there was to her life was magic and science, so it wouldn't be all that unlikely for her to be a prodigy in the worlds of science and magic. She'll still clearly have her limits or other factors that would balance out her prodigy status though, like for instance she'd either have some major limits to her actual magic capabilities that makes her have to use science to really get any further than maybe skipping a single grade in a magic class, or she'll just be the kind of person who uses their knowledge for their own secluded purposes that don't really affect others in any way unless necessary.

[/QUOTE]
Cool, your character seems hella wicked. c:

All I really have left to do is come up with an interesting past for 'er, and I'll be ready to post.

Oh yeah, here's two songs I think fit her kinda well. First one's pretty graphic with the lyrics about blood n' all that, then the second's sort of also graphic, but in a different type of graphic, and more just suggestive words and not really descriptive or anything.

[media]
[/media]
[media]

[/media]

@Otakuyaki, do you know what magic the Cthulhu is associated with? I know it lives in the water, but I think I remember hearing about it controlling thunder as well.

AvidElmV2 said:
@Otakuyaki, do you know what magic the Cthulhu is associated with? I know it lives in the water, but I think I remember hearing about it controlling thunder as well.
Hmm... Cthulhu is actually a character from a book, but I think people who inherit it's abilities should be able to have water and lightning magic as well O.o

@CrimsonEclipse

Don't worry 'bout it. c:

Real life should take priority.

btw keep announcments and OoC in here please, that would be appreciated. <3

Actually, Cthulhu's sphere of control is madness, like all the other Old Gods, but yeah, it also does control water and lightning.

I guess he can induce fear or a frenzy in people with illusions then?

Of course, that leaves only one way to deal with him...

i_got_a_jar_of_dirt_22b0ca_3074424_by_mszmurlo3-d7u17ra.gif

@Otakuyaki give me about an hour to respond to all of your quotes on my sheet and see if I can clear up a few of the issues you have xD Anyways, you actually have some pretty good arguments on a few of my character's things, so I like the challenge I'm giving myself to counter those arguments without leaving the boundaries of your arguments on where my counter-arguments land us at afterwards xD

Kiyoko Tomoe] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11513-otakuyaki/ said:
@Otakuyaki[/URL] give me about an hour to respond to all of your quotes on my sheet and see if I can clear up a few of the issues you have xD Anyways, you actually have some pretty good arguments on a few of my character's things, so I like the challenge I'm giving myself to counter those arguments without leaving the boundaries of your arguments on where my counter-arguments land us at afterwards xD
Cool. c:

Hmm... most of the teachers will be controlled by me, cause I wanna leave it up to you guys to find who's responsible for the disappearances *hint hint*, but I will be sharing the roles of the teachers with another user. I'll just have to wait for said user to claim some of the professors first and post the CSs.

Would that user be me? xD (Joke, don't take it in a serious manner, but I'd be willing to be that user if you want xD )

Also, here goes...

Otakuyaki said:
And if you actually need insanity & mutation suppressors, the college will not enroll you; as I mentioned, there's enough danger in the halls. The vials used to enter a special rem is okay with me, but the special realm should only be large enough to hold her tools or a few persons. It should not hold industrial scientific machinery and the like, as I imagine they would be large, and you already have that portable table thing.
Actually, those are for in case any of the experiments she does on her body (pretty much daily) have a negative effect and try dragging her insane or mutate her body. The cyanide's pretty much to burn off anything generated by mutation of her experiments that doesn't belong. Yes, she's insane enough to burn off unwanted mutations from experiments instead of go with a seemingly safe and less painful removal through scientific tools.

Otakuyaki said:
I can't imagine you writing with them... o_o
Love this one, but we could easily just say that the drill fingers can open up on the tip and act like an ink pen or something xD

Otakuyaki said:
Also, if she has basic instincts that are focused on killing, she will definitely be expelled from the college, let alone be allowed to enroll.
Those are basic instincts. It's just like the human instinct to reproduce; it's possible to just completely ignore those instincts. Those were just for a more better description of the whole 'living chaos' thing. I mean, who would even know her basic instincts were what they are without her telling somebody about them or letting them out of her own control? :3

Otakuyaki said:
Hmm... this isn't really a species, but there are monsters and spirits created out of war, strife, infidelity, etc. :P
I fully understand your view on this. My meaning behind 'living chaos' is basically a creature created from all negative emotions and desires, with it being too long to list all of those kind of things, so 'living chaos' is more of a shortened term. I can just easily change things to be that her body's the product of scientific experimentation instead of all these dark and negative emotions and stuff. Just for confirmation on this whole thing one last time, 'living chaos' is just to represent the

Otakuyaki said:
Science and magic should be mixable in my opinion, but the mixing of science and magic hasn't emerged to the forefront of the spirit communities yet, therefore, you would be one of the first few to have tried experimenting with that. Of course, not really asking you to edit this, but just a heads up. I thank you for bringing this up though, I can add these details to the lore.
While I agree it's mixable, I just stated it's possible. It's actually quite a dangerous subject if you think about it. What do you get when you mix dark matter with matter? You get destruction. That's because they're complete opposites that can't exist. That's almost exactly what magic and science are to each other. Science is purely logical, while magic is purely illogical. I think it'd be so difficult to mix the two without utter chaos that it'd be pretty possible for it to have not been successful before in any world, though I guess it would be possible to have been done before, so this one's pretty much your call.

Otakuyaki said:
I like the limits you placed on the drill, but since they are scientific, you would have to strengthen them with Alteration to make them effective against magical materials. You should be able to drill through normal things just fine. Also, your drill fingers would be considered dangerous by the college, and I can't imagine you writing with them... o_o
Also, back to this for just a moment, the drill only really has strength to break though non-magic elements, since the drill itself isn't a magical creation or existence, so I don't think we have any issues here between us.

Otakuyaki said:
From the description of this technique, I don't think she needs it, cause she appears to be negating pain by dealing herself pain. I believe that this would just cause more pain in conjunction to the attack anyway, so if you want a method of reducing pain, try an Alteration spell to make yourself more resistant or a Miracles spell for soothing :P
Basically, if you're being burned, then the sparks in the flame are actually giving you a nice little shocking pain, but freeze those flames, the shocking ends because there's no more flame, but the flame takes out the freezing at the same time, so it does actually nullify the pain after giving a two-second interval of double pain, but since the actual target of the physical portion of the magic is the other magic, it's only at most 150% the physical damage to the body instead of what most would think it cause of 200%. Does this make a bit more sense?

Otakuyaki said:
Your tail shouldn't cut through or block magic :P
Bullets actually aren't very effective against most hard materials, so they shouldn't be able to block powerful things. Decent distance is okay, but not too far, we don't want your bone claws penetrating anyone.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Only the tip of her tail can cut through magic, since that purple tip is pretty much a naturally magic-infused part to her body. Also, it's more like the entire tail is a substance strong enough to block magic, and I'd pretty much limit it to low-level magic like basic flames or short bursts of electricity. I can understand if you want me to remove the ability to block magic though, but I'd still prefer that purple tip of the tail be capable of cutting through normal magic.

Otakuyaki said:
Your character should have a minimum of two elements, and a maximum of three.
I can understand that, so I'll pretty much give her magic using dark energy, flame energy, and water/ice energy (Also, water + dark = ability to control blood that's already outside of people's bodies, or inside of her own?)

Otakuyaki said:
If you want to regenerate your blood, you should integrate it here, but place a limitation on how much blood you can regenerate in a day, so that you can only use your portals about 3, 4 times, maybe 5 times, before she would need to regenerate. I don't have a problem with this, but remember, your wounds will take at least half a day to heal, so your wounds from combat will probably stick until the day is over. :P
Actually, the artificial blood is more of created by taking a good bit of a person or creature's blood, messed around with science to pretty much take out all the compounds, then spread them thinly to make twice as much blood that's artificially made, and because the compounds are spread twice as much, it lasts only half as long in ones body as the actual blood, so it's more of a temporary thing that's only really worth doing at large-scale and when one's pretty much requiring extra blood in order to keep living at the time. Otherwise, it's basically pointless and a waste of time, making blood that won't even be necessary in any way. It's for if she bleeds a lot, and it can't be used for her portals, only natural blood.

So, did I respond to everything, or did I miss something?

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Would that user be me? xD (Joke, don't take it in a serious manner, but I'd be willing to be that user if you want xD )

[/QUOTE]
Naw, if you want to be a student, you can't be a professor. I don't want a mole leaking the chosen character responsible behind the disappearances. :)

Haha, like I would leak that kind of information. In fact, I' probably just use that information to screw my own character over xD

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Also, here goes...
Actually, those are for in case any of the experiments she does on her body (pretty much daily) have a negative effect and try dragging her insane or mutate her body. The cyanide's pretty much to burn off anything generated by mutation of her experiments that doesn't belong. Yes, she's insane enough to burn off unwanted mutations from experiments instead of go with a seemingly safe and less painful removal through scientific tools.

[/QUOTE]
Despite the fact that these are precautionary measures for keeping your own character in check, they are still dangerous substances. The headmaster might give you permission to keep these objects, but they will only allow you to keep the liquid cyanide in your room in the dormitory, so as to keep them away from other students. Make sure you take your pills regularly, so that the teachers won't complain about you going out of check.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

Those are basic instincts. It's just like the human instinct to reproduce; it's possible to just completely ignore those instincts. Those were just for a more better description of the whole 'living chaos' thing. I mean, who would even know her basic instincts were what they are without her telling somebody about them or letting them out of her own control? :3

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... That's cool. If she does go out of check, your character might be blamed for the disappearances. I look forward to those possibilities.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

I fully understand your view on this. My meaning behind 'living chaos' is basically a creature created from all negative emotions and desires, with it being too long to list all of those kind of things, so 'living chaos' is more of a shortened term. I can just easily change things to be that her body's the product of scientific experimentation instead of all these dark and negative emotions and stuff. Just for confirmation on this whole thing one last time, 'living chaos' is just to represent the

[/QUOTE]
If you're saying that your a jumble of dangerous things, just call yourself a chimera :D

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

While I agree it's mixable, I just stated it's possible. It's actually quite a dangerous subject if you think about it. What do you get when you mix dark matter with matter? You get destruction. That's because they're complete opposites that can't exist. That's almost exactly what magic and science are to each other. Science is purely logical, while magic is purely illogical. I think it'd be so difficult to mix the two without utter chaos that it'd be pretty possible for it to have not been successful before in any world, though I guess it would be possible to have been done before, so this one's pretty much your call.

[/QUOTE]
Actually, when dark matter meets matter... nothing happens... ._.

I believe you are talking about anti-matter...

Dark matter is a theory that there exists a phenomenal substance or collection of mass that keeps our galaxies together.

Magic can also be a science, why are we studying it if it's illogical. Something can't be studied unless it has patterns or a system.

Why is magic and science automatically opposites?

Since when can complete opposites not coexist, heat and cold have coexisted to make our Earth very stable.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

Also, back to this for just a moment, the drill only really has strength to break though non-magic elements, since the drill itself isn't a magical creation or existence, so I don't think we have any issues here between us.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah no issues, just clarifying some stuff.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

Basically, if you're being burned, then the sparks in the flame are actually giving you a nice little shocking pain, but freeze those flames, the shocking ends because there's no more flame, but the flame takes out the freezing at the same time, so it does actually nullify the pain after giving a two-second interval of double pain, but since the actual target of the physical portion of the magic is the other magic, it's only at most 150% the physical damage to the body instead of what most would think it cause of 200%. Does this make a bit more sense?

[/QUOTE]
I understand the logic of combating fire by freezing yourself over, but it will still cause some pain nonetheless. I do not understand the numbers.

Also, you shouldn't have 4-5 elements in the first place, please limit yourself to 3. :P

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

Only the tip of her tail can cut through magic, since that purple tip is pretty much a naturally magic-infused part to her body. Also, it's more like the entire tail is a substance strong enough to block magic, and I'd pretty much limit it to low-level magic like basic flames or short bursts of electricity. I can understand if you want me to remove the ability to block magic though, but I'd still prefer that purple tip of the tail be capable of cutting through normal magic.

[/QUOTE]
Sure, I'm fine with it just being capable of cutting through magic, but only if that magic is tangible. (Example: It cannot cut through gravity magic, fear and frenzy influence spells, alteration spells on a solid object(you'd have to be able to cut through the object to cut through the spell))

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

I can understand that, so I'll pretty much give her magic using dark energy, flame energy, and water/ice energy (Also, water + dark = ability to control blood that's already outside of people's bodies, or inside of her own?)

[/QUOTE]
No bloodbending.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]

Actually, the artificial blood is more of created by taking a good bit of a person or creature's blood, messed around with science to pretty much take out all the compounds, then spread them thinly to make twice as much blood that's artificially made, and because the compounds are spread twice as much, it lasts only half as long in ones body as the actual blood, so it's more of a temporary thing that's only really worth doing at large-scale and when one's pretty much requiring extra blood in order to keep living at the time. Otherwise, it's basically pointless and a waste of time, making blood that won't even be necessary in any way. It's for if she bleeds a lot, and it can't be used for her portals, only natural blood.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... I don't understand everything before the "Otherwise," sentence. To me, it sounds like an IV bag filled with blood that has been modified to be half the density... o_o

Basically, the artificial blood is half the density of regular blood, but twice the quantity. It can fill up any lost blood, but only lasts a short amount of time, which is probably just long enough to regenerate about two thirds of the amount of artificial blood injected, meaning just barely enough time to get more blood back than one initially took out to make the artificial blood.

Also, wouldn't really be bloodbending, since it wouldn't work on blood that's inside of other people's or beings' bodies. More of just useful for positioning her blood portals directly from the bottle, and controlling her own blood flow slightly to make extracting blood easier, or make amputation or something like that (if ever necessary) less well... messy xD

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Basically, the artificial blood is half the density of regular blood, but twice the quantity. It can fill up any lost blood, but only lasts a short amount of time, which is probably just long enough to regenerate about two thirds of the amount of artificial blood injected, meaning just barely enough time to get more blood back than one initially took out to make the artificial blood.

[/QUOTE]
Blood is a fluid, it will fill up any space it can, meaning that if it was half the density and twice the quantity, it will shrink back to its normal density and half the quantity when it had half the density. I understand that you might use a vacuum to force it to have half the density and twice the quantity, but once you use it to replace some blood, it will shrink back to the normal density. Science works that way.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Also, wouldn't really be bloodbending, since it wouldn't work on blood that's inside of other people's or beings' bodies. More of just useful for positioning her blood portals directly from the bottle, and controlling her own blood flow slightly to make extracting blood easier, or make amputation or something like that (if ever necessary) less well... messy xD

[/QUOTE]
I feel it would be easier to keep it messy, this skill will mean that she can control where her portal will be, on the floor, wall, or ceiling. It would be easier to just use it on the floor and jump in. If you want easier extraction of blood, use a syringe please.

Otakuyaki said:
If you want easier extraction of blood, use a syringe please.
I get the feeling that this part was intended to be a joke about how she doesn't really use syringes and all that. Anyway, I'll just go without that blood manipulation stuff. Might be fun to have a bit of a mess here n' there.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]I get the feeling that this part was intended to be a joke about how she doesn't really use syringes and all that. Anyway, I'll just go without that blood manipulation stuff. Might be fun to have a bit of a mess here n' there.

[/QUOTE]
It will leave behind some stains and marks, which might be interesting for other characters. ;)

Otakuyaki said:
Blood is a fluid, it will fill up any space it can, meaning that if it was half the density and twice the quantity, it will shrink back to its normal density and half the quantity when it had half the density. I understand that you might use a vacuum to force it to have half the density and twice the quantity, but once you use it to replace some blood, it will shrink back to the normal density. Science works that way.
Maybe I should rephrase how I say it so you'll get it more of what I mean... The liquid itself is only half made of blood, so the density of blood in the liquid replacing the blood is only half, but the actual liquid amount is the same. Basically, you have the liquid floating around with the blood, so it fills up twice as much space, with the blood spread thinner.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Maybe I should rephrase how I say it so you'll get it more of what I mean... The liquid itself is only half made of blood, so the density of blood in the liquid replacing the blood is only half, but the actual liquid amount is the same. Basically, you have the liquid floating around with the blood, so it fills up twice as much space, with the blood spread thinner.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... that clears things up. Intravenous therapy is fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back